Calendar Workshop 2023

Cassel

Still working on my calender :) What's the best way to align the calenderbox and the month? For the month I used align horizontal and that's ok, but from the top? How do I align each months "name" the same way?

Same for the calender date box, how do I align them so that each month has the same box alignment?

See the months in progress, hope you understand what I mean :)

Monique, place guides along the lines of the boxes, add all the dates one by one, making sure they are all separate objects but all inside a single vector layer, and then, once you have put all the dates for that month, remove/deactivate the guides and move the dates INSIDE the boxes. They will all be perfectly aligned.

I have saved 1 copy with only the dates, lines month and year in the desired font.

After that I copied the mask layer of each month. Paste it as a new layer. I had to shift that a bit, but it is easy. I copied the mask layer as is, not merged. That way I can still change the photo afterwards.

After that I only had to adjust the background and the colors of the dates, lines and month

I start to make a "normal" calendar for 2023 based on the up to date challenge 2022.

Only must use and change the templates a bit. For instance for January 2023  I am going to use the template from May 2022 and so on.  Sometimes I have to add or remove dates.  I made a list which 2022 template I need for 2023, maybe other members are also interested in it:

01 - may 22 * 02 - june 22 * 03 - june 22 * 04 -january 22 * 05 - August 22 * 06 - september 22 * 07 - january 22 * 08 - march 22 * 09 - september 22 * 10 - may 22 * 11 - june 22 * 12 - july 22.

Finally I'm able to show my first completed month for this calendar. It's March because I already had the things I wanted to use for a cluster. The elements I made for the Traval Challenge of 2020 about my 1st trip to the States. The other months just have to get a fitting cluster or some embellishments.

Chris op dit moment loop ik nog nergens, alleen een rondje op mijn terrasje! Ik weet dat er hier best wel spulletjes voor Halloween te koop zijn en dat er ook her en der optochten voor kinderen zijn, maar aangezien mijn kleinkinderen in Amerika wonen doe ik er hier verder niets mee. Dan maak ik liever wat anders.

Here is my Day 6-- Calendar - June

I used a picture of Castle Mespelbrunn, in Germany. I saw where some of you used a picture as the background and I liked the effect, so I tried it with the picture of Mespelbrunn and it was fun to do.

I used regular Blur, Gausian Blue, blended mode of Color Legacy and opacity of 55%.

The fonts are Cralione and I kerned  the J a bit (-25) to be closer to the e in June. The smaller font is Elegans.

I changed the dates and lines to dark green like the month,  then changed the weekend dates to a lighter color like the castle tower. I tried changing the color on the weekend lines but it resulted in dashes , so I left them a dark green.  Tomorrow, I will work on the July calendar page.

Anita: What a beautiful page! That photo is gorgeous, and the background really sets it off.

Susan & Anita: I think you've both mentioned problems with solid lines turning into dashed lines. I'm assuming you're working on the Vector Layer. Have you tried creating a Raster of it and coloring that? I lock the transparency and paint it with the brush.