Story Time Workshop (2022)

Cassel

I had to think a bit to decide which story about "mischief" I could tell. Haven't thought of this one for many years! But I remember the smears of lipstick all over the bathroom - the towels, the mirror, the sink, my hands and lips! I don't remember what happened after I was caught red-handed, so to speak, but I'm sure I didn't do it again, at least for a while!

Dr. Zhivago!!! OMG, that brings back some memories, CORRIE. I loved that film and saw it many times. I chuckled at your story of "misbehaving" by skipping out to see the movie. Such an innocent act of mischief, by the standard of any time period. I would have let it slip, somehow, at home that I had seen it, I'm sure, and been caught out.

Day 5. Had to use PSP X8 to do this layout because every time I started with the text tool in PSP2021 I got a runtime error. Need to look into this further. I did not do a title on a path since I wanted to use word art for my title. I actually used several different kits which is not something I do very often. I'm a one kit scrapper! Kits used were all from The Lily Pad. Kristen Aagard's Veggie Garden and Sunny Side Up. The 3rd kit was a collab kit that is no longer available called Roots. The journaling font is Rustys Hand and the photo was grabbed from the internet.

My story is a special memory for me. Yeah, it is about food but also something that my grandfather and I shared. He had something special that he did with each of his grandchildren when they were young. This was mine.

Here's my sports layout Day 4.  I was an active kid and a somewhat weird kid (refer to second story in the paragraph).  But Nadia and gymnastics was a big one for me.  Nothing competitive, just me and my bestie learning some gymnastic moves.   As a young adult I took up weightlifting (body building), something I do to this day.  I wish Crossfit had been around when I started that would have suited me better.

Fonts are Puritan (journaling) and Gill Sans Ultra Bold.  papers from digital scrapbook, olympic rings, map and picture of Nadia from google search. Stars are from the Carole's template, they seemed to fit the page just how they were.

Bonnie, I had to laugh at your story.  My brother and I and our friends used to eat these yummy grapes (that we stole from our neighbours vines (see I really am a thief!) and we'd suck out the inside and decided to throw the skins at passing cars.  We threw them at a motorcyclist passing by and he stopped and we ran into your tin shed and he came and there was wire just inside the door that he grabbed and tied the doors shut.  We were cowering in the back of the shed.  My brother found the little hatchet and freed us.  We never did that again!

Carole, thanks for the feed back #81459.

I actually didn't think of that, I tried it in the meantime, but it doesn't work. Either I'm not doing it right, or it's because of the font, everything jumps in such a way that all the text is either gone, or all the way up, or down, but the lines don't come closer together.

It might be something for the September Q & A session ?

Oh man loved everyone's

That cool lynda you have the frame script and flower one Love those

I have bought a lot of scripts  They make it super fun and love them.

Harmony Thank You i was watching the screen pop up on Carols instructions, I have ready problems, and today was

reminded not that I needed it but I have reading problems I just need to slow down mostly reread ect.  Thank YOU and

Carole.   All

I only have one sports story, which I used the last time I was in the Storytime workshop. I was 10 and dribbled to the wrong goal in a tragic basketball game of Shirts and Skins. Other than that, my extracurricular activity was piano. Hours upon hours upon hours were spent practicing for recitals and competitions.

Whewww! Cassel, those fonts can be persnickety to try and line up with the correct angles! I may be off on a few but I understand the concept. I love to bake cakes, pies, cookies, and make candy. I was surprised that I did not have very good pictures of the desserts I have made for my family each time we gather. Enjoy!

I know I fell off the StoryTime wagon this week after Day 1! My excuse is I had to do a newsletter this week, and now that it is done, Day 2! Not sure I will be able to catch up tho. I used the quick-page for Day 2, but I guess this could be Day 5 for Food, but don't think I can get credit for 2 days with one page ;)

Strangely, my long post from last night DID show up after I posted it, but now, it is gone :( Gremlins again? Did anyone get a notification of that post?

Jannette (#81621), some stories, although sad, still need to be told. (#81642) Don't hesitate to make another page to tell that story to go with the photo. (#81686) You are surely allowed to give tips,  however, this one might get lost in this thread. Why not post it in the Let's Talk section? (#81739) What version of PSP are you using? Are you unable to use the Text Wrapping to say it is difficult? Or is it something else?

Petra (#81624), honestly, who has NEVER cheated in school? Maybe I should reply to you in French?

Corrie (#81626), how long did the other hamster live? (#81666) That is something I have never done: skipping class. I guess I liked school too much!

Ann (#81644), you might need another page to say how you will use this story to embarrass her next! (#81693) That sounds like a lot of calories to start your day! (#81735) I hope you didn't automatically associate venison to fire!

Rene (#81647), bowling is certainly a sport! That definitely counts! (#81709) This story makes me smile because my husband also likes pickled beets and in the last couple of weeks, has done jars and jars of them, hoping to make money selling them. He just broke even!

Susan (#81656), many kids will have done something like that, once in their life. I did twice: once for an ice cream cup, and once with a Joe Louis. I got caught both times! That was it! (#81711) In 1976, I was living in Montreal and I had tickets to watch gymnastics at the Olympics. Unfortunately, it was for the men's qualifiers. I would have loved to have had tickets for the women's.

Gerry (#81662), I guess you were mischievous in your mind! That counts! (#81749) I can only assume YOU won?

Julie (#81670), what was that font issue and how did you solve it? Maybe it could help others? (#81680) I am sure if it had happened more recently, someone would have taken a picture. Aren't we lucky that all those things we did happen before those portable cameras on smartphones?

Harmony (#81672), isn't it nice to have fans? I am sure it also helps high-performance athletes in their competition.

Diane (#81678), I guess we can't all be gymnasts! (#81752) Don't worry about the photos; they are not essential to tell the stories!

Bonnie (#81684), you started young to play with balls! I guess the scare was just as effective as a punishment would have been!

Pirkko (#81697), the only thing I can think of is... OUCH!

Cindy (#81722), looking forward to seeing your projects.

Linda (#81755), just continue as you can. There is no deadline. I think the only time I had pizzelles was when I was a judge at a national competition and those were provided to us at lunch, for dessert.

I was inspired by Carole's tale of worrying about falling down the bathtub drain and I remembered an incident from my school days. I was always very skinny and was teased about it. So my friends wrote a song about me. They sang it to me in private so at least it wasn't "trending" in my classes! So here's "Annie, Where Are You Going?"

I started with a white background and added Carole's musical paper which I Multiplied. I might add, I initially rotated the template 90 degrees because I wanted a horizontal photo which I found using Google Images. The scalloped paper I treated to Blinds texture. The colors were coming from a palette I chose from PSPs collection called "Monet." For the blue photo mat I used the Effect/Illumination/Lights. The musical décor I already had. The arrow is from Heather T "Love Spoken Here" which I colored using the Monet colors. The font for the journaling and title is Babilonia.

I honestly always thought this incident was quite amusing! :-D

Day 6. Fear. I really don't remember anything from my childhood that I was really fearful of. So I went with a movie that I have never been able to watch in one sitting. I know others in the past have done this same movie... glad I'm not alone! I pulled the movie poster from the internet. I used a template from Scrapping With Liz's "Now Showing" collection and a kit by Kristin Aagard also called "Now Showing". Both were part of a mega collection at a previous shop they sold at but are both available at The Lily Pad.

For the string elements, I did a flood fill of a color in the kit then added noise to them. Very subtle but can be seen when I zoom in. I tried adding texture to it but didn't like it. I like the noise addition.

What causes it when something doesn't go according to plan, in the end everything goes wrong apart from Murphy's law? This week I'm in a rollercoaster of all kind of things, but in between I managed to do day 4, more or less as a diversion from the problems. I used 3 photos, sorry I cann't do without them but they are complementory to the story. I used 2 papers from my stash and colored the other 2, the orange with some noise. The ribbon I did for an earlier project from the flower at the bottom; and a hobby tag from Carole. The fonts are Bauhaus and Bernard condensed. Hopefully I tomorrow will give me some time , but I doubt it.

All the stories are a joy to read and the layouts suit those stories

Corrie: Best of luck to you! I've only been hiking once or twice, and that when I visited Debbie in California. They have always been big into fitness. For myself now, I have an Under-Desk Elliptical that I'm supposed to use twice a day. (I don't always make it)