Story Time Workshop (2022)

Cassel

StoryTimeWorkshop-Preview.jpgFirst of all, come and say HI if once you register for this workshop.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer us up.

Remember that it is NOT a contest. It is a friendly workshop to get you to do something you might not have thought of doing before.

Once the Workshop is started, on August 22nd, you can post your pages, and your stories here (if it is too small to read, you can always copy and paste the text, if you want).

Remember to resize your image to about 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces.

The workshop will include prompts and downloadable templates (for you to be creative) and quick-pages (if you are in a hurry). Although the same seven templates/quick-pages will be used as in two years ago, there will also be some additional supplies for our DIAMOND members.

If you found this thread without seeing the registration page, you can go back and register (remember, it is FREE).

Register now 

And bring a friend over!

I'm here, also. I think I may have done this two years ago. I have some old layouts that have a LOT of journaling and, to me, are not very appealing. Hopefully, this time, I can do better.

Bonnie: I was surprised to tune into CBS-TV just after 5pm last night (8/13) and find a Pickleball Championship! Considering that's "prime-time sports" I'm wondering if that's new programing? Your sport is getting more visible! Did your league compete?

Carole/Cassel: I see an overlap with QP on the 21st?

Hi, Everybody!

I just registered for this workshop, although journaling is definitely not my forte.

I will be away during that time, but I will have the material to do at a later time. This workshop will probably help me to start adding more journaling to the layouts besides dates and places.

I have also registered. Like Cristina I'm also away. Back home in Wales until the end of October. I have my old laptop with me, so hopefully I will find some time to participate, if not I will do it at a later date. I often add Journaling, not reams of it. Sometimes a lot, others times not so much, depends on the project and the info it requires. II did this challenge 2yrs ago.

Jannette, the goal of this workshop is to create scrapbook pages without focussing on photos, but to practice sharing more of the stories we have in mind. As others have mentioned, scrapbookers are not always adding much journaling, if at all, so this is a little twist on scrapbooking. We often think that we don't have anything interesting to tell, but we are always wrong. And we will have fun reading everyone's stories later on!

I love to tell the stories! That is why I got into scrapbooking over 20 years ago (although then it was with paper). I was taught that it is very important to tell the story behind the photo in a way that anyone can look at the page and understand what is going on (without you being there to tell them). Granted at times not a lot is known but it is important to at least note the "Who What When Where and Why" if you know any of them.

Carole, do we have to use the templates and quick pages you provide or can we use what we already have? I was looking through the 2020 class thread and wondered if the same prompts will be used or are you changing them up? I do have some things I have never documented that would work for a couple of them, just would have to find the photos!

Yes, Rene. The prompts will be the same, however, a single prompt (since they are generic) can trigger many different stories. There are going to be quick-pages and templates (and extra ones for DIAMOND members). You are encouraged to use those but if you use something else, just make it clear so others are not going to be looking for those supplies. And photos are totally optional.

Hi everbody!

I don't like journaling either, but I'm signing up anyway, because I haven't done this workshop yet. I'm afraid I don't have much to say, but I want to try, and I'm sure I'll learn something anyway...and just because it's always fun to participate, and admire the results from all of you!

Ann...yesterday was the first nationwide telecast for pickleball. It has been featured a couple of times on tennis channel and a couple of other channels but this is the first time for nationwide...a historical moment for pickleball. The matches you saw were for the pros; however, almost all tournaments have amatures playing also...far away from the spotlight. I was not there but I watched on TV. I was in Maryland this weekend for the Maryland Senior Games. Did you enjoy watching pickleball? We seniors play the same as the pros but much slower and less skill.

Sue I was missing you and that had me worried a little bit, but now I'm so delighted for you to be finally back in Wales. I hope you will have a fantastic stay there and enjoy your family and more especially your grandkids. I can tell you from experience it is great!!!

I have done this 2 years ago but I think it will be a good rehearsal for me because, like the most of you, I have some trouble journaling. I'm glad there are some extras for the diamond members too, I have come to like that because then I don't have to redo the ones I already did, this makes it more interesting. Carole thank you for that.

Corrie, thank you. I'm having a blast in Haverfordwest, West Wales. The weather is fantastic. Next week, I'll be traveling to Cornwall to finally meet Merryn. It's quite a trek from West Wales. Meanwhile, I'm having fun with my daughter, riding the horses on the beaches, hiking the Wales coast path (WCP). Llwybr Arfordir Cymru while inhaling all that Welsh sea air. I hope to participate, if I'm not to tired by the end of the day.

Linda, YES, you have tons of stories. I bet if we sat together for chat, you could tell me stories about yourself, your family, your friends, for the WHOLE day, and you would still have more to tell. It is just like when we sit with family, and someone tells a story about uncle Henry. Then, that will make you think of your cousin Suzan, and then your grandmother, and then the neighbour, and so on.

Record your stories with audio, in a notebook, etc. Any way you want. That is the whole point of my book, Remember when...?

It takes me time to figure out what to write! Maybe I should use my word processing program to figure that out, and copy and paste. And now I see typos too!

I regret not asking my parents the time I was born. I have an older brother and 2 older sisters, maybe I can ask them, but I doubt they would know. I could ask Aunt Jean, but she has dementia, so I don't know if she would be able to help me :(