Story Time Workshop (2022)

Cassel

Greetings Everyone!

I am Diane from Mississippi, USA. I am excited to see and read all the stories!

Wow, I had to edit my story a lot to fit the quick page but it was fun!

Also, I am so happy to learn about shaping the text to fit the design. Thank you for the video, Carole.

Petra (#81434), welcome to the Campus. You get a gold star for being the first one to post your project :) That information about your time of birth and your daughter's is such a fun factoid. How many people share such a bond!? Glad you shared it.

Linda (#81438), if you want to use a word processor to start the process, you can certainly do it. And also, if you think of another story, you can keep it in your word processor until you have time to make another page! You might also end up with a totally separate scrapbook page!

Ann (#81442), it is a good thing that your name spells without an E: it makes you unique since you are the only ANN in the Campus!

Lynda (#81449) that is interesting that the name was popular at that time for you. When I was born, in the early 60's, must have been popular in our area because I remember having several friends named Linda.

Marie-Claire (#81451), that is a fun fact about your time of birth! Too bad it was not on January 1st and be the first baby of the year!

Jannette (#81453), that is a nice kit you used. Interesting information about the weather. You know, if you want to do these pages in your language, to share with your family and friends, you can do that too (although we surely like to be able to read your story)!

Diane (#81455), that is certainly a story to remember!!! It reminds me of my second child: the labor progressed too fast and the doctor didn't make it on time!

If you have not posted your first page, don't worry. We'll wait. As you can see, everyone has some stories to tell, and it is always fun to read everyone else's.

Here is my story (and I'm sticking to it, hahaha).  Sorry, it's wordy, this is why I dont like to journal, I dont edit very well.  I forgot to put my year of birth.  It's 1965.  I had never used the freehand selection so was happy to see that demo, which I used for the first time here.

I have read and really enjoyed all your stories.  Ann (without an E!), we have an area in the city (Edmonton) that is called Terwilliger. That area has a monthly newspaper that we printed (I work at a newspaper web press) called Terwilliger Times, I haven't seen it for a while so not sure it's still being printed.

Day1-Extra: I used the free mini kit offered by Pixelscrappers this week. (marisa-lerin_51798_autumn-art-mini-kit) I decided to use as much of it as possible, so this layout is rather cluttered. Not my usual style! The "story" was actually part of the kit, also. (Oops, sorry, posted on the wrong page. Moving it to "What are you working on... "

Day 2 challenge was fun and I made several quick pages. I enjoyed learning about lining up papers in a design with anti-alias. I spent too much time remembering being with my sister on some very fun trips. There are years we share and others we can never talk about…LOL, it’s a sister thing!

Thank you to Sharon Grant and Janet Scott for the two graphics I used from Pixel Scrapper!ps_commons_sharon-grant_76652_its-a-girl-thing-quick-page-PS_JanetScott_ML_HrtSwrlDdl4

Hi  my daughters coming to fix my laptop but got this done having bad exceptions messing Up d/l a windows

upgrade and its all a mess now :(      But got this done :)  yay...  Heres mine going to read you all   Hugs

I loved Everyones Story,

I loved Diane's Sister thing! how lucky you all are to get to do that.

Love Anne's and Everyones!

Ann I got the free mini kit its so cute.

Harmony, thats cool I would go do a name change if I could loose my depression and all :) thats Great. I am happy for what God has gave me.

Susan Sounded like you have had a good Childhood and glad you have Siblings, I have a older sister that was sold on the black market, I never met her only talked on the phone.

Day 1. In all the years of my scrapping, I never told the story of my name. So I did with this layout. I used a retired template from Fiddle-Dee-Dee designs and a kit (Putting Down Roots) from Kim Jensen available at TheLilyPad digital store. I wanted to do a layout in the style I normally use.

I took the time to figure out how to journal in an odd configuration (which is why I chose this template). I also did more with the warp brush on my shadows on my elements. The "My Name" title is using the KG Makes You Stronger font with a paper as my fill. Then I rasterized it and applied an inner bevel instead of a shadow.