Template Workshop 2022

Cassel

Here is Template 1 - Lesson 1

The papers I used are from a kit by Marisa Lerin (DSF June 2012). For two of them, to change the color and keep the pattern, I added a layer with a solid color, then on top of this layer, the patterned paper and changed the Blend Mode of the latter.

Font: Candy Round BTN

DAY 2-DIAMOND TEMPLATE - THE AFRICAN LION The title font is Baby Olivia. For some reason my PSP is being strange with my font sizes. The reading text in this is down to font size 02! I did various re-starts and temp deletes but no help. It all wants to be HUGE! This is more from my Big Cat Calendar.

Sue and Carole - Thank you for your help. Managed to erase the bottom of the pic that was showing.

Here is my template 1 - When my granddaughter comes to stay she always asks to go and see the horses, mule and donkey that have been rescued, and live not too far away from us.

The papers I used were from Digital Scrapbook and were from the February kit. I used the hue, lightness and saturation to change the colour of the spots to compliment Isabel's clothing.

Day/Lesson 3

I didn't have the Clip To It script but that is a good thing for me at this stage as I had to practice my masks long hand. I chose to keep the gauze effect mask layers and decided the drop shadows didn't work with them so I omitted them. I thought the template had a natural gap in the stitching border to added a flower element.

Ann - I've got to say it! Love your lion layout! I couldn't imagine what in the world to use for a photo let alone the rest of the layout, but you have done great! Lions are one of my favorite cats - Aslan is a lion (I think C.S. Lewis was thinking of the title "Lion of Judah"). Disney did a great job with "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe". All the Narnia books are wonderful reads.

Theresa, I'm pleased I could be of some help.

Marie-Claire, what an outstanding page.  Call me bias, but your bees are the stars of the page.

Everyone has submitted exceptionally creative page. It is a pleasure to scroll through pages. You should all be very proud of yourselves.

Day 3.  Carole, thank you for your kind comments. I omitted the elements, replacing them with my own. Conifer tree branch extracted from a photo.  I could have done a better job, had time permitted. As it is a tedious time consuming task to  do it properly. Lifted some of the cones above the  photo and  lace. The lace is another one of Carole's fonts. I used Carole's mitred corner script. The background paper is a photo I took of  frost on the stable window. I wanted something in red, to match the  Redpoll's  cap, so I created a  polka dot paper.  The leafy paper is a paper template, which I coloured.  The frame is  created using font dividers.

This winter I have had in excess of  200 Redpoll Finches.  The most I have ever had.  During their time here, I have taken thousands of  photos of them. It has been such a joy having them.

Day two template.  Background, scallop element and yellow paper from Digital Scrapbook, others I used flood fill.  Fonts are Better Brush (I am a leaf on the), Hello Safana (Wind) and the journaling is Bembo all from Creative Fabrica.  This was the first time doing the mask without my instructions nearby.  I'm sure tomorrow I will forget again, but pretty happy I remembered today.  I am getting better at remembering to "lock the transparency" when i want to flood fill a layer.

I didnt put a shadow on the title as it was supposed to be painted on.  and I think I forgot the shadow on the little journaling paper.

Project day 1. The paper for the starburst started out from PS_JanetScott_Unwind_Snbrst.  The backgroud paper is ps_jessica-dunn_196453_frenchy-butterfly-paper_pu  The butterflies are a picture tube. The flower is a pic I took several years ago, I hope I am wright about what it is.

This is a picture of three generations of my family. My dad was one of ten siblings and not all were in attendance that day. The oak tree behind us offers a poetic background. It was a favorite of all the kids.

The papers are Yesteryear Distressed by Marisa Lerin (DigitalScrapbook.com). The font is Vintage Culture from Creative Fabrica.

I made this template about ten times before I got one I liked.  I guess there just wasn't enough cookies around me for inspiration!  I took great liberties with the template ... such is life.  While I downloaded a ton of the kits, I didn't end up using any of them.  I found one Free Wallpaper of a forest and split it in half and then made the papers with just what is given in PSP.  I feel for all the animals around me.  I know people have to live, too, but this area is just pushing them out with the building boom and I'm not sure where people expect them to go?  I wish there could be some sort of program for more land dedicated to animals.  I know it will never happen, but it's a good/happy thought.  The animals, I purchased online.  The font is a favorite of mine when big letters are needed called Freshman.  I am absolutely thrilled to see so MANY entries and so many new names!  And the works are ALL FABULOUS!  A joy to look at and experience a small portion of your talents. :)  Thank you.

You can see a lot of beautiful things here, with their small differences depending on the photos chosen

Thanks Carole for your comment, I retouched the shadows of my lesson 2 (they are textured papers) and I followed the tutorial (which works no. 1 today) for lesson 3. I liked the open as layer script - but I had a problem, it works but terminates leaving me the chosen paper open and I get this error message:

It was in my regulated scripts, I put it in my secure scripts and I get the same message

Template 3 and it's about the pilot giving instructions to the passengers. I used papers from a kit called Kiss by digital scrapbook and because the greenerie from the template does not fit my theme I used some feathers. The rest of the story for today will be on the Diamond template but time has run out and I'll continue that tomorrow.

I haven't gotten to day 3 yet! Just finished the Diamond template for Day 2. Finally got something I could use - I think my mojo has gone on vacation! Found a new site: FreeRangestock.com which has photos like Unsplash for free. So this photo is of a cute kid playing superhero and the photograper has him climbing a chimney in a busy city setting! So I have finally gotten to use splashes and the Wow! splash I made in one of the earlier labs (I think it was Lab 6 but I'm not sure of the module - it was one which stumped me and I didn't make a layout for it. The papers are mine. The bursts are a brush I made in that lab. The title font is Chiller and the narrative font is Comic Sans MS. The photographer is Jack Moreh.