What are you working on (in March 2021)?

Cassel

Finally got around to creating something.  I expect that most of you have guessed that I am a little obsessed with background papers.  I created this one today which started out as something completely different and this is what I ended up with ... nothing new there!  I do love the silver dollar plants ... and admire their progression from simple pretty flowers to their silver dollar beauty ... my favourite part really, ;)  Title font used is ... oops, sorry, I can't remember!  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D

Annie, lovely page and thank you for your comments on mine. This silver dollar plant is a very familiar one for me as it grows here. At some point I have had them in our garden too. Over here it is called the "Judas Penning" which translate to Judas Penny, because it reminded the people of the silver pennies Judas got for betraying Jesus.

Ann S, you have been busy!! I see your work everywhere, the studygroup, another Bootcamp and all the challenges. Wow how do you do that, do you have time to eat and sleep?????

Corrie: Today I have come to a standstill and it feels weird! I really only did a few layouts but I posted them in various forums and on Facebook. Plus I posted old versions so the newcomers could see a variety. I think I spent more time posting than actually creating! LOL

Lynda - really enjoy all that you post.  Loved the picture of the flowers with the background of sky - I too take pictures of the sky and the ground and the street parking lot, etc. because I think they will make great background pics.  Originally I was taking them for the work I do in Corel's Video Studio but now also for Paint Shop Pro.  I used to take care of the photos in PSP and then bring them into Video Studio to use, so learned some of the tools in PSP, but this scrapbooking with Carole is really challenging and I am learning a few more things to do in it and maybe to use in Video Studio too.

Michele - love your Fab Divas pictures.

Thanks Corrie, always appreciated my friend. I did wonder at the name Lunaria ... in the third photo some of the discs reminded me of the full moon. I just Googled it and the official name is lunaria annua and the latin word lunaria means 'moon-shaped' and refers to shape and appearance of this species' silicles. And, you are quite right the origin of the plant is European. I love Google and Wikipedia for info ... ;D

Wow ... Been gone just a few days this week and what wonderful things to look at now that I am here. Way way too many to name individually, as you have all been very creative! Just let me say to all of you ... thanks for all kinds of wonderful posts and creative ideas to browse through! I am getting antsy to get home to Maine. Counting down the weeks and I look at my home security cameras there and it looks like a lovely day which makes me want to get there all the more ... but then I talk to family and they say, don't hurry. It's only 11' but sunny. LOL So I guess I will have to be a little more patient. Eleven is still too cold for me. :( But when I do get there, I know just the places I want to go!

Minka you have created a beautiful page of home (Maine). It looks to me like an English/Scottish fishing village and I don't know why but it provokes all sorts of home longing emotions for me ... born and bred Aussie that I am! I think past lives have a way of catching up with us as we get older, lol! Anyway my friend it is a delightful page and I can totally understand your longing for home. ;D

Playing around with background pages again.  This one is to showcase the lovely watercolor art of Lesley Davies.  Her work is just so darn cute!  The floral bouquet is a tube by JulieO, the title alpha is from ClikChic and the little poem is a freebie off the web.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Annie, what a beautiful layout! I love the watercolor background, the alpha, and everything else... I really admire your work. <3

I got to know the Kookaburra birds here on the Campus from Marlene, who was also an Aussie and used to display them quite often... I find them very sympathetic. : ) ... More and more, I am inclined to use artsy papers, although I don't have many. Now, I am in a purge phase, getting rid of free kits I downloaded years ago when I started scrapping and never used... It's liberating, lol.

Ever been excited over an Easter egg hunt? Well, the bunny gets most of the credit with kids, but it wouldn't happen if it wasn't for the chickens and the eggs. Just kidding of course ... My Dad semi-retired when my brother and I were preteens ... and he spent oodles of time with us once we sort of settled in Maine. He built us incubators and we hatched ducklings and chickens. We kept a few little bantam chickens, 2 pet rabbits and 2 ducks (Hazel and George) - but all the extras were given to a nearby farm who gladly accepted them. Loads of learning lessons there. We also made home made root beer and he bought us a bottle capper so we could look professional. We even designed labels. LOL We learned to sail, hunt, fish and trap and we were enormously into space and bottle rockets with our own firing station. Those lessons continued right through grands and great grands until he died at 91. Wow, could I ever use a few lessons on stuff now. Like how do you stop a beeping smoke detector that's wired in? Changing the battery didn't work. You have to take it out of the loop and buy another. Even totally disconnected and in our hand, it still beeped for a while!!! I threw it out on the porch and two more beeps! Who knew? It was possessed I think.

Minka: Beautiful layout! I had that problem with my smoke detectors; turned out I had a gas burner on in error and gas was seeping into the house! Gas displaces the oxygen so the detector reacts to the carbon monoxide that takes over. Never knew they did that. I called the landlord in a panic when it wouldn't shut up and he said: "check your burners and get out of the house!" It was scary. :-|

Here is my Day 3 of the March Bootcamp – Carole’s Adventure Time inspired me to use this photo from my granddaughter’s zoo, Paws ‘n’ Claws Wild Animal Park in PA. My photographer friend Ed Frampton visited Jackie there last fall. I was there last summer; it’s a delightful place. It will open in May for the 2021 season.

I did find a kit called Mickey’s Safari using some Disney motifs. From there I got the monkey, the giraffe, the signpost and the rocks, tree and grass. I was actually looking for papers but theirs were not well done; mostly just tiled patterns. I had the sky paper from Pixelscrappers and the brown brick from my stash. The dark paper is a color from the logo up top. Sorry, I didn’t do a title but the zoo logo is enough. I kept wanting to put a fence in front of those fearsome tigers but none of the tubes were dark enough.

Lynda: Beautiful mandalas. Nice flowers layout and I loved how you used the sky as the background and concrete as the frames (which to me look like marble). Wonderful dragon layout. I like how you used FilterForge on the fonts; then applying a 3D effect and the bolts. Peacock is beautiful. The colors are so vibrant. You did a fabulous job with the cutout of the peacock. You have really taking blending to heart and your Sunset layouts are a perfect use of it.

Anne: Love the Hawaii Dreaming layout. Your hibiscus photo is gorgeous. Adore the Osprey layout with the April showers background and the osprey taking front and center. I like how you adjusted the bubble in your Beauty and the Beast layout to highlight some of the flowers. Great job on the sketch challenge. The photos are lovely and the background is a perfect chose for the theme.

Michele: I think you did a fantastic job on the First Class Flyers for your game group. It was interesting to see that the game picks the prompts. Glam Gallery, Promposal Day and Puzzle Night are all so well done. And it was awesome that you were able to use a specific script for each.

Bonnie: Your pickleball layouts are always a joy to see. Had to chuckle at "burning off the crazy." I really like how you how you used the photo in your Spring layout as the background then framed the individual flowers. How cool to teach your cats tricks, they are so adorable. And what a wonderful Thanksgiving layout. The colors your chose for the backgrounds really make the pictures stand out. 10 pounds of bacon is a great layout (sadly it would not last as long in my house with the grand is here, LOL). As always I love your cat layouts. They are definitely smart cats. It is not unusual for Tux's to be extremely smart which may account why she is faster than Poppy at learning. Have a special place in my heart for Tux's as ours was one as well.

Minka: Good for you on getting the shot. I still have to get mine. Mustangs are definitely a breed to themselves, much like the horse. I've never owned one; but have worked on them. Am fasinated with how you did the layout. When gone we are always "Ready to Go Home," and you expressed that perfectly in your layout. I really like how your wavy elements are so reminiscent of clouds and water. The photos are so vibrant and colorful and stand out well against the darker backgrounds. The chickens layout is so lively great colors that definitely remind one of a farm. Loved hearing about your childhood and all the things you did.

Ann: Your daughter is certainly talented and I think you did a beautiful job on showing them off in your layout. Wow, I like how you used the same layout for each of the Family. By changing out the colors, photos and elements, it has created a totally new look. It will be interesting to see if you continue to use this layout to document Magic's growth. Logan is such a cutie and your layout with the soft pastel colors of blue and yellow are perfect.

Val: You did good kid. Gypsy definitely likes having her picture taken (but then so does Champ, lol). Great layouts.

Annie: Your Broken Dreams layout is perfection. You did a wonderful job combining the various elements to make a cohesive "photo" and the quote is so perfect. This would make a great poster for teenage girls to hang in their rooms. Love your Silver Dollar page. I have never heard of (or seen them). They are beautiful just like your layout. I also enjoyed reading the information on them. Seeing Bush Babies sure made me wish I had one. Lesley Davis is certainly a talented artist. I love how you blending the background to include watercolors and the quote.

Corrie: You did a great job on making your own supplies for the Daisy layout. It definitely makes the entire page work together as a whole.

Betsy: Your St. Pat's layout is simply adorable. How cute to add a leprechaun hat to the chipmunk and provide him with gold and a beer.