What are you working on (in March 2021)?

Cassel

Date-03-2021.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in March, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Last month, we have our busiest thread with 327 posts. That means so many inspiring projects, stories and displays. Let's keep it going!

HI there.  Still working on my daughters scrapbook. I have until September so I am not as pressured as I was with her elder sisters. 60 years in 3 months was big time.  I took the background from the photo background and put a filter forge filter through it, ths buttons and frames  are from the kilt pattern. The element is a K.E design.

Carole, I am bored , that's why I am doing the Labs and whatever else I can do. If we ever get our shots maybe we can get out of the house. We should be in Arizona right now, instead we're freezing here in Illinois. I know, bit*h, bit*h, bit*ch!

I am looking forward to the next Master Class. I have Filter Forge but have never really gotten the hang of it.

Ann, you always have great things to share with us.

Lynda

Ann, this mandala looks great, it has so many details. Good job.

Lynda, you've been busy with the Labs. I haven't done anything lately concerning the Lab tutorials... Hopefully, I'll find my mojo again as soon as some kind of "normal life" comes back. I love the flowers you created.

Michele, beautiful work and colors. I love all of them!

Absolutely great work on these quilling items, Lynda.  Beautiful renditions.  I can see where they would be wonderful elements on specific layouts.  My Mom was a quilling superstar.  But then again, I don’t think there was anything she couldn’t master.  Wish I had paid more attention back when! :(

Thanks so much, Minka. No instant effects or filter forge. On Winter Run I used pic to painting; selected a piece of the tree, used it as a pattern, filled the middle layer with it, and applied gaussian blur. On Winter Love Fashion, I did a lot of selections and cutout effects. On Calm Indoors, I created both of the frames using the inner bevel tool and shadowing and used the blinds texture effect on the background.

Cristina, thank you for your kind words. It wasn't until you mentioned the colors that I realized they all had similar coloring.

I love your lab work, Lynda. My FB gaming group is dedicated to one game, City Girl Life. It's a life simulation game on par with The Sims. In fact, I owe The Sims Social on FB for sparking my interest in photo editing. Back when I was a member of a Sims group, the admin asked if I could help with pictures. I was absolutely clueless and started using free editors. Eventually, on the advice of a friend I bought PSP and stumbled upon the Campus. When The Sims left FB most of us started playing City Girl Life and I inherited a group. The rest is history. It was truly life changing for me. I absolutely love doing the pics which is the only reason I keep playing the game.

Following the scrap course module 1, but slightly swaying off the course and adding a 3rd photo I am continuing with my daughters scrapbook.  My pages are numbered very random at the moment, as some photos don't suit the challenge. I have used 2 papers,  a patterned one a plain blue one which I have decreased to 66 so the pattern shows through. 2 elements and 2 frames. The originals don't show much difference, but on 36x36 they certainly do. On the black and whites I find using Adjust  brightness/contrast>full light clarity is very helpful.

Oh, I agree with you, Lynda and Minka. With both sides of my family being Eastern European Jews, I don't know if we can go back very far with research. The records are really not there.

Great idea with those flags, Lynda.

Shirley, I like when people make tutorials their own. Carole is always saying they are just a guide, inspiration.

Bokeh can be used to make interesting background papers. I think it enhanced the presentation of this picture by fashion photographer Andrew Yee. I used several different overlays and I think one layer is my own using a bokeh brush and adjusting the brush variance. (I tried so many different things that I just don't remember. LOL) I changed the color on some of the layers by locking and flood filling; also used various opacity settings on the different layers.

Just playing with a script I downloaded from Carole's arsenal this morning for stitched letters ... combined with the bubble effect (but I only wanted one bubble) and theme all rolled into one. I don't really practice meditation because I have never had any training whatsoever in it ... and I read that many people without training (because there are so many different types of meditation) can actually have a bad experience where it drums up bad thoughts, actions, or remembrances. So I don't really dally in that ... no mantras or anything. But I do set aside a few minutes each day to have a quiet contemplative time. I feed the birds and sit and watch them, think pleasant thoughts and try to reflect on all the wonderful offerings of life. That's why I call it my rest, relax and restore time. Think good thoughts. But I don't call it meditation. It works for me - kind of calming.

Lab 11 Module 3

Lesson 1: colored banners

Experiment 1: title work - song title

Experiment 2: element - crochet

Experiment 5: fun font find - Yeseva One; Merriweather

Song: You are My Miracle ~Roger Whittaker

Kit: Irish Shenanigans ©Clever Monkey Graphics