What are you working on (in March 2021)?

Cassel

Thanks Lynda, much appreciated.  :)

The techniques I use to create background papers are as follows:-

1.  Find a non copyright graphic that you like (I usually go for abstract flowers through pixabay or somewhere like that).

2.  Resize to 3600x3600 (doesn't matter if it goes out of shape as you only want it for an overlay).

3.  Adjust Hue and Saturation, colorize, sliders at zero.

4.  Then apply the filter Eliminate White (sometimes I will use eliminate black but mostly white).  At this point I save the image as a .png for future use.

5.  Open a 3600x3600 blank image and flood fill with a solid color to suit your project.

6.  Add the .png image as a new raster layer.

7.  Adjust the blend mode to whatever you prefer along with the opacity.  In the following example I used soft light and left the opacity at 100.

8.  Merge visible and apply a texture (I used Filters Unlimited, Paper Textures, Canvas Fine.

I hope this makes sense for you Lynda but should you need any clarification on anything just holler!  The images below are numbered 1 - 8 in order of above ... just in case they lose their order when uploading.  ;D

More from my gaming group this month. Remember...I don't pick the themes; the game does. LOL

Glam Gallery: When I found these gorgeous creations from Dutch fashion designer Iris Van Herpen, I wasn't sure how to display them all. I took inspiration from Carole's new Cork script and her recent fasteners challenge (although I think it was technically a paperclip challenge).

Promposal Day: I had no inspiration at all for this one. I'd been dying to use Cass's Projection script and had lots of fun playing with it. I must have tried a dozen different versions of the script before I settled on what you see.

Puzzle Night: I purchased two of Carole's jigsaw puzzle scripts for this one. I ended up using the Puzzle6x6 script so I could move some of the pieces. The characters and backgrounds are from the game. The font is Fontsbomb Jigsaw, free from FontSpace.

I did Mod 3 in the Basic Study Group, which is a repeat so the layout was the same so now I have two matching scrap pages of my kids from CA. Shows how fast Magic is growing! The mini kit from Pixelscrappers was rather for a Feb Valentine but I changed out some colors and created the plaid like Carole taught so it matched the photo colors. I LOVE making plaids like that! Here are both layouts:

This was a photo I was lucky enough to take a few years ago.  I used the balls and bubbles effect to highlight part of it.  Carrel's new tutorial had be off playing with that again.  It took me a while to think how to get the single bubble to the size and position I wanted. Then I had an Ah Ha moment and simply selected that area with the selection tool.

Oh my goodness...you folks never fail to amaze. Wonderful creations!

I told you about my cats doing tricks...thought you might like to see more.

Template by Chantahliadesign. https://chantahliadesign.com/ She makes tons of stuff and when she creates a kit she does the kit in many colors from which you can choose. The papers and elements are from Pixel Scrapper, Shelter Pet and You Can't Buy Love But You Can Rescue It by Melissa Riddle

Furry Friends by Sheila Reid

Poppy is the tabbyco. Penny is the tuxy.

Well it's time I post something here. It took me some time to admire all your work, you guys have been busy. But now I'm up and running again. With all the computer problems I didn't buy FilterForge, there will certainly be another time I'll do so but with a new PC + the update for PSP 2021 it was expensive enough! Although PSP was cheep, a nice offer.

This is my contribution for the studygroup. The plaid paper and the paper with the little flowers I did myself because I could not find something in my stash that matched the colors of the photo. It is interesting to redo the basic scrapcourse. When I took it for the first time I was such a rookie with no supplies at all and I now understand some things a lot better then before. It is worthwhile to do it again and this time with a little group.

I love this page Bonnie and I can't believe that their favourite snack is fresh green grass! My cats only eat grass when they want to barf! Maybe you have a different type of grass over there. I love how Penny is about to ring the bell ... keep up with it Mom! Another smiley one for me Bonnie, thank you. :)