What are you working on (in August 2024)?

Cassel

52 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Hi, can I join the club please?

Oh boy my editing skills are atrocious.  I should have said, "I sure HOPE there is not......etc". 

Yes, we are actively recruiting members.  Just touch base with our National President (Michele) and she'll set you up.  I wonder if we should get cards made, so we can say (and prove) we are "card carrying members".  Maybe the prez (Michele) will get on that.  Hint Hint.  

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I'm so lucky that the printing service I use here in the Netherlands offer a binding that uses a flat lay technique which allows me to do a double page and is seamless. They offer it only with rather thick paper and only on a somewhat bigger format for the album.

Even with layflat pages at Shutterfly, some of the edges get cut off. Same with individual 12x12 prints printed with other vendors. I learned many years ago that if I don't want something to get cut off that I do not put it close to the edge. The one solution many use (but not me) is when they do books they use a page that has a white border around the layout (making the layout smaller maybe 11.5x 11.5). A double page layout with a photo across the 2 pages definitely doesn't look good with that.

• Like 1

I used an element template by Christina C at DS, 

I colorized with the locked transparency, used the lighten - darken tool, made selections and feathered them to you use the Brightness and contrast,

on the second image I used innerbevel 

CCsCreations Hummingbird Template CU-anja2.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 7

Over the years, we have had several Doberman's, almost all, rescues. I have been working on a "Heaven's Gate" layout for all of them.  I have left a "spot" to, in the future, add our current dog, who is starting to slow down.  I have very few photos of a couple of them, and alot of the photos I have were taken before the current level of digital sophistication (anybody remember owning and using a Sony Mavica, complete with the "3.5 inch floppy disk" film?).  I took a large "cloud" image and using the pen tool in freehand draw, created a "hole" which I cut out and made transparent.  Before losing the vector, I ran the vector tube script on it using the built in cloud picture tube file.  I ran it three times then single clicked a couple of clouds into the remaining gaps.  Found a suitable heaven's gate image and put it behind the clouds. After that I added the dogs and used drop shadow with zero offset and high blur settings (twice on each dog) to make them "glow" just a bit.   Font is Vineta BT at 150 pixels with some bevel and shadow.  I did the font on an elliptical path after making a duplicate of the vector. I moved the duplicate elliptical path down, then ran the vector tube with the cloud tube again, added bevel and shadow and deleted the vector.  (Note: going to add a photo of me and my Mavica from WAY BACK....in the next post LOL).

dogsheavensgate.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Old school digital photography.  Note: I forgot to add in above post that I also added bevel and shadow to the "cloud" border around the "opening".  The dogs left to right were "Ginger, Rambo, Caesar, Miss Blue, and Titan".

dan-lastdaybeard-05.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

On 8/4/2024 at 3:12 PM, Donna Sillia said:

I made this picture for the Maniacs site. It is a picture that my grandson sent to me from Thailand where he and his girl went to play rugby. The ribbon separating was made from a scrap tutorial using a pattern that I downloaded from CF. The font is Asian Pacific, also from CF. I may change the font because the L and the F look more like a P with the pattern and the stroke.

dsThailand600.jpg

I redid my scrapbook page to make my letters easier to read. I downloaded a font from CF called Shizuko which is thicker. I eliminated the side font and used a map from Canva turned into a stamp from FF to identify the location. I added 2 masks with photos of the food that the kids sent to me. Food is very inexpensive in Thailand, and David informed me that they ate at a Michelin star restaurant and paid $1.50 each for their meals. They were there for 6 weeks playing rugby and working out with the Bangkok rugby club, and, of course, eating.

dsbangko600.jpg

• Love 6

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Oh boy my editing skills are atrocious.  I should have said, "I sure HOPE there is not......etc". 

Yes, we are actively recruiting members.  Just touch base with our National President (Michele) and she'll set you up.  I wonder if we should get cards made, so we can say (and prove) we are "card carrying members".  Maybe the prez (Michele) will get on that.  Hint Hint.  

I will be a charter member!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Daniel Hess said:

Over the years, we have had several Doberman's, almost all, rescues. I have been working on a "Heaven's Gate" layout for all of them.  I have left a "spot" to, in the future, add our current dog, who is starting to slow down.  I have very few photos of a couple of them, and alot of the photos I have were taken before the current level of digital sophistication (anybody remember owning and using a Sony Mavica, complete with the "3.5 inch floppy disk" film?).  I took a large "cloud" image and using the pen tool in freehand draw, created a "hole" which I cut out and made transparent.  Before losing the vector, I ran the vector tube script on it using the built in cloud picture tube file.  I ran it three times then single clicked a couple of clouds into the remaining gaps.  Found a suitable heaven's gate image and put it behind the clouds. After that I added the dogs and used drop shadow with zero offset and high blur settings (twice on each dog) to make them "glow" just a bit.   Font is Vineta BT at 150 pixels with some bevel and shadow.  I did the font on an elliptical path after making a duplicate of the vector. I moved the duplicate elliptical path down, then ran the vector tube with the cloud tube again, added bevel and shadow and deleted the vector.  (Note: going to add a photo of me and my Mavica from WAY BACK....in the next post LOL).

dogsheavensgate.jpg

Love this! I've done similar for my fur babies in the past. Always chokes me up to see this type of layout.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

You've taken an Annie C idea and made it zing! Well done you. I expect nothing less.

You are always ever so kind, as are so many others.  It is always  very much appreciated. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

It takes me a while to "warm up" when I sit down to do a layout.  Lots of "yuk" moments, then trying to fix the yuk, I get inspired by something and then that directs the layout.  It's rare to know what I want to do when I start.   

Susan, I go through the same "yuk" moments. 

After I finish one layout, it takes time to start a new one.   The photo is the starting point; it has to connect with me and spark creativity.  Sometimes, it is right there, but other times, there's a blank, and it takes me a long time to decide on something,..  Which usually ends up being totally different from when I began. 😄 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Yes, Susan, I would love to have a card too! 

Michele, why don't you come up with a layout for a card? 😉 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm working on installing all the zips of PSP supplies I've downloaded which is taking a while. I also want to catch up on Master Classes I've missed of which there are many. One of the moderators in my Fab Divas group took over doing the daily pics when I was sick and she's having such a fun time doing them. As long as she's still enjoying herself, I can devote my time to PSP. This is a mutually satisfying arrangement for both of us. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

working on Lab5 - 10

a stich brush

large.anja-lab-5-10Stich-brush.jpg.d46ac7c3c67b0da9c592b7720659e0e3.jpg

scattered kit elements

large.anja-lab-5-10-tubes-scatter.jpg.21492938611969ddd642836ff0e1c74f.jpg

Template Work

large.Template-Lab5-10-300-jy-wildflowers-anja.jpg.78d3d8df166d2a5b5b6f86e969a56997.jpg

title work - using 3 fonts,  pattern with dots

large.anja-lab-5-10--titlework-pattern-cindy-kai-2012-2.jpg.7d6738e206120a5bd6173db71879d8c0.jpg

Anja, you achieved lovely results with the Lab's tutorials.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lab 13 Mod 2. Double arrow - I made papers and ribbons; Cutout shape - I made several but did not save them as "shapes" or "brushes", just png's (several of them all with different corners cut out) - used a copy to make the label. The rest of the papers and elements are from my desert kit including the title. The picture was taken by Joe and Laurie on that western  trip they took in 2023. I used that mask I made some time ago playing with several frames in different opacities.

Lab 13 Mod 2_600.jpg

• Love 7

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 13 Mod 2. Double arrow - I made papers and ribbons; Cutout shape - I made several but did not save them as "shapes" or "brushes", just png's (several of them all with different corners cut out) - used a copy to make the label. The rest of the papers and elements are from my desert kit including the title. The picture was taken by Joe and Laurie on that western  trip they took in 2023. I used that mask I made some time ago playing with several frames in different opacities.

Lab 13 Mod 2_600.jpg

Mary, your layouts are very beautiful! Your persistence with the Labs is really paying off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

working on Lab5 - 10

a stich brush

large.anja-lab-5-10Stich-brush.jpg.d46ac7c3c67b0da9c592b7720659e0e3.jpg

scattered kit elements

large.anja-lab-5-10-tubes-scatter.jpg.21492938611969ddd642836ff0e1c74f.jpg

Template Work

large.Template-Lab5-10-300-jy-wildflowers-anja.jpg.78d3d8df166d2a5b5b6f86e969a56997.jpg

title work - using 3 fonts,  pattern with dots

large.anja-lab-5-10--titlework-pattern-cindy-kai-2012-2.jpg.7d6738e206120a5bd6173db71879d8c0.jpg

Anja you do a great job with the Labs! I'm constantly thinking I should do them too, but somehow I don't have the time or the gusto to start with them. Instead I do a lot of the tutorials and store the results for when I need some. That works for me because I most of the time have a ribbon, overlay, pattern etc when I need it for a layout. I'm still working my way through the masterclasses as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 13 Mod 2_600.jpg

Mary lovely and simple; I like your small cluster!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Anja you do a great job with the Labs! I'm constantly thinking I should do them too, but somehow I don't have the time or the gusto to start with them. Instead I do a lot of the tutorials and store the results for when I need some. That works for me because I most of the time have a ribbon, overlay, pattern etc when I need it for a layout. I'm still working my way through the masterclasses as well.

I  did/do the same as you Corrie.  When I joined it was before the Lab.  I  started at the beginning, doing the tutorials that was then the  creative scrap.  Storing  the patterns, elements, text etc in a folder for future use  to be used  when I showcase photos.  Some elements I have never used, but I created them, and perhaps one  day I will  have a use for them.  The beauty of creative scrap and lab, is that  we learn how to uitilze techniques in  different ways, and to think outside the box.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 13 Mod 2_600.jpg

What a cool layout and what a cool place to visit.  I LOVE the mask.  What a great idea.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

There is almost as many masterclasses as there are Labs.  At this rate I think it will take me another 2-3 yrs to do the labs and then I'll start the master classes....that'll be another 3-4 yrs.  I need to retire so I have more time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 13 Mod 2_600.jpg

Mary, this layout is beautiful! I love the colors and how you used the busy patterned paper with the top one, which looks like it has a canvas texture or something similar.

The mask you made for the photo made it pop even more. I am sure I'll use this in the future. 🙂 

You are making good use of the Desert kit you created.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2024 at 10:37 AM, Michele said:

I'm working on installing all the zips of PSP supplies I've downloaded which is taking a while. I also want to catch up on Master Classes I've missed of which there are many. One of the moderators in my Fab Divas group took over doing the daily pics when I was sick and she's having such a fun time doing them. As long as she's still enjoying herself, I can devote my time to PSP. This is a mutually satisfying arrangement for both of us. 🙂

16 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

There is almost as many masterclasses as there are Labs.  At this rate I think it will take me another 2-3 yrs to do the labs and then I'll start the master classes....that'll be another 3-4 yrs.  I need to retire so I have more time.

Your comments, Michele, Corrie, and Susan, reminded me that I still have zillions of masterclasses to practice!  😬

In 2017, there were many "Challenges" to create something with the techniques shown in the masterclass. I think that now is part of the Tut-Tech challenge.

My day definitely has to be more than 24 hours. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 4