Story Time Workshop - 2024

Cassel

5 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Donna what a lovely letter from your mom, something to cherish for ever! With a fair bit of enlarging I just was able to read it.

Thank you, Corrie

I've had my baby book for a long time, but, yesterday, I just realized that it is 82 years old. It's in pretty good condition, too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

That is a beautiful layout Corrie.  Good idea to tie this workshop with the All About Me challenge.  It will make a comprehensive book.  I cant even duplicate my vector when it's made in a selection.  It just automatically goes to a straight line.  I think I'll start using 2022 if I feel like I want to do wrapped text in a selection.

Yah it is a nuisance and I have the same problem. I use 2022 or type my text without the wrapped function, but I have to hope that I have no typos/misspelling. And both happen to me often as everybody can see in my posts😢

• Like 1

I stayed with my baby book theme for Day 2. The calendar is from the calendar workshop. The cakes were extracted using Cyberlink's My Edit. The war bond was downloaded from the Library of Congress which has free downloads. The candles are tubes, and the decoration is a cass preset shape. I just downloaded the title font, called, Karlburns, from CF and the journal font is also from CF called Type Write.

Unfortunately, both the restaurants mentioned hear have closed. 

dsbd600.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
add info
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

My mom and dad together with my aunties and an uncle were very fond of the cryptic crossword puzzle that was in the Saturday edition of our newspaper. There was a lot of rivalry between the different families and most of my cousins were involved too. I'm by far the youngest of all and of course I wanted to be involved too. So my parents started to explain to me how I should think in a different way. There were much simpler versions and I liked the to solve those riddles and started to ask them to let me try their puzzle too. I still know how it felt when I could solve a riddle they hadn't: triumph! We used the dictionary and some other books to find the answers, a lot of pencils and erasers were in use and many telephone calls to the rest of the family. 

Lab 14-3 has a tutorial about seamless pencils which I had made and could use here. The old fashioned telephone we used in those days is from Digitalscrapbook.com and the lightbulb is by Melo Vrijhof. Font is Table of Contents and the rest of the elements comes from my stash.

StoryTime-Workshop-Day2b-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, Dan Greenwood said:

Thank you.  I learned Euchre at age 10, then Royal Rummy, and was proud to be able to play with the adults. So, I grew up like you did. 🙂

30 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

My mom and dad together with my aunties and an uncle were very fond of the cryptic crossword puzzle that was in the Saturday edition of our newspaper. There was a lot of rivalry between the different families and most of my cousins were involved too. I'm by far the youngest of all and of course I wanted to be involved too. So my parents started to explain to me how I should think in a different way. There were much simpler versions and I liked the to solve those riddles and started to ask them to let me try their puzzle too. I still know how it felt when I could solve a riddle they hadn't: triumph! We used the dictionary and some other books to find the answers, a lot of pencils and erasers were in use and many telephone calls to the rest of the family. 

Lab 14-3 has a tutorial about seamless pencils which I had made and could use here. The old fashioned telephone we used in those days is from Digitalscrapbook.com and the lightbulb is by Melo Vrijhof. Font is Table of Contents and the rest of the elements comes from my stash.

StoryTime-Workshop-Day2b-600.jpg

I love cryptic crosswords. Took me a while to learn how to solve them, but it's very satisfying.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Yah it is a nuisance and I have the same problem. I use 2022 or type my text without the wrapped function, but I have to hope that I have no typos/misspelling. And both happen to me often as everybody can see in my posts😢

I had no trouble with the wrapped text (in 2022) on the first layout. But on the second one, when I wanted to edit the text, it would revert (sometimes) to unwrapped. Finally got it, but I also saved what I'd typed so I wouldn't have to redo that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Storytime #2. I used my own layout and brought in some elements/papers from the template. Had some trouble this time with text wrapping when I tried to edit. But finally it worked.

2024 StoryTime workshop #2_600.jpg

My husband loved carrot cake. He and I used to make it together for special occasions after he retired.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just playing with this one again to get the wording thing down pat and also wanted to see just how busy you could make it and still see stuff - once you make it small.  It's surprising just how much you can put in there - but I'll admit, I got a little carried away.  LOL  It's just a practice piece - not being saved or going anywhere.  I'm thinking of it as a "Learners Permit"!  LOL  

600 Pics.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Minka Glasier said:

Just playing with this one again to get the wording thing down pat and also wanted to see just how busy you could make it and still see stuff - once you make it small.  It's surprising just how much you can put in there - but I'll admit, I got a little carried away.  LOL  It's just a practice piece - not being saved or going anywhere.  I'm thinking of it as a "Learners Permit"!  LOL  

600 Pics.jpg

I posted this and it seems to have disappeared. Oh, well...

I used to attend the Not Too Late Senior Women's Basketball Camp in Portland/Southern Maine CC. I loved to visit Portland Head and have included it in a couple of my layouts. Good memories, Minka. Thank you!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Minka Glasier said:

600 Pics.jpg

I really like this layout. If you made the starfish and birds smaller, I think it wouldn't look as busy.

• Like 2

@Linda J Walker Isn't it interesting all the questions we never think of asking when people could answer us?

@Susan Ewart I had never heard of the Cabbage Patch kids to mean adoptees. Something I learned today!

@Corrie Kinkel So is your name Corrie or is that a nickname?

@Minka Glasier That is a very appropriate theme for the topic! And great photos for your extra layout!

@Dan Greenwood That is a fun club you had!!! I bet you had many great game nights! I only learned about Euchre after I met my husband as their family used to play that all the time. In fact, tonight, my son was over and that is what we played!

@Donna Sillia That is an interesting way to use those presets. I would not have recognized them if you had not mentioned it.

@Gerry Landreth I bet he just relied on what he HEARD when your name was pronounced!

@Julie MagerkaHow old were you when you finally "liked" carrot cake?

@Bonnie Ballentine Yes, I remember. I called them "weather-brellas".  I had a few printed for my kids and myself. For those who don't know, it is a twist on the temperature blanket idea.

Now, let's see more posters. I know you are there!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dan Greenwood said:

Thank you.  I learned Euchre at age 10, then Royal Rummy, and was proud to be able to play with the adults. So, I grew up like you did. 🙂

I didn't learn Euchre until I was in my 20s. I was living in upstate NY then and loved the game! In Brooklyn, where I grew up, I only knew Rummy, Go Fish, and Old Maid.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

I didn't learn Euchre until I was in my 20s. I was living in upstate NY then and loved the game! In Brooklyn, where I grew up, I only knew Rummy, Go Fish, and Old Maid.

Euchre was a natural for me as a young girl. I grew up in the Catholic church in a small rural area, and it was almost required to play it! I still enjoy it, but not as much opportunity to play.

• Like 4

On 7/22/2024 at 5:21 PM, Ann Seeber said:

Born in an ice storm, I couldn't resist the vibe. The background photo is from Pixabay. The font is Droid Serif, the alphas are from Sheila Reid, the snow glitters are from my mega Iceland kits and the baby is from the kit Baby Dear. 

FEBRUARY 18, 1941_600.jpg

@Cassel I think you missed my first layout here when you made your comments. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Linda J Walker Isn't it interesting all the questions we never think of asking when people could answer us?

@Susan Ewart I had never heard of the Cabbage Patch kids to mean adoptees. Something I learned today!

@Corrie Kinkel So is your name Corrie or is that a nickname?

@Minka Glasier That is a very appropriate theme for the topic! And great photos for your extra layout!

@Dan Greenwood That is a fun club you had!!! I bet you had many great game nights! I only learned about Euchre after I met my husband as their family used to play that all the time. In fact, tonight, my son was over and that is what we played!

@Donna Sillia That is an interesting way to use those presets. I would not have recognized them if you had not mentioned it.

@Gerry Landreth I bet he just relied on what he HEARD when your name was pronounced!

@Julie MagerkaHow old were you when you finally "liked" carrot cake?

@Bonnie Ballentine Yes, I remember. I called them "weather-brellas".  I had a few printed for my kids and myself. For those who don't know, it is a twist on the temperature blanket idea.

Now, let's see more posters. I know you are there!

My name really is Corrie and over here that is short for Cornelia, my parents only used my full name when they were very cross with me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Storytime #2. I used my own layout and brought in some elements/papers from the template. Had some trouble this time with text wrapping when I tried to edit. But finally it worked.

2024 StoryTime workshop #2_600.jpg

Julie I love carrot cake and had a piece today when I was on a daytrip with my cousin. I have backed them myself but not any longer. It is just my husband and me and hubby isn't a fan of carrot cake, so I eat it when I have an opportunity like today.🥕

• Like 1
  • Love 1