Vector Workshop 2024

Cassel

Vector Workshop

Our newest challenge will soon start. Are you in?

Are you intimidated by vectors? Are you at a loss when you need to use them?

The challenge will start on June 17th. This challenge will be FREE for everyone, so spread the word.

Here is the link again: https://scrapbookcampus.com/workshops/vector

Let us know when you are registered, and share your biggest challenge or fear about using Vectors.

The workshop will be the same as offered last year, however, I plan on offering different extras for our DIAMOND members.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I'm in. I did last year's workshop, but I still have a tough time with vectors.

Me too.  During the class you feel like, "Oh ya, I got this".....then weeks later, you are like,  "Vector, what's a vector?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, James Morris said:

Jim @ MnM Hi, first time here. I get all types of artwork that I have to convert for lasering on to assorted items. I have good luck with some and others not so much. What is this about Diamond?

Welcome James. The DIAMOND refers to our monthly membership where members get access to hundreds of tutorials, many full-lenght classes, and workshops. DIAMOND members get also some perks, like the downloadable written versions of the lessons, and additional goodies. You can join for one week for $1 to see what is inside the "vault". Check this page.

• Like 1

I was wondering if we will be using text on path. I watched a Corel video and was able to get it to work once but not second and later. So I ended going back to original and modifying it. I do like using AAA LOGO MAKER But wanted to familiarise myself with how to do in PSP. I had success at one time in last but not again until this week.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Randy said:

I was wondering if we will be using text on path. I watched a Corel video and was able to get it to work once but not second and later. So I ended going back to original and modifying it. I do like using AAA LOGO MAKER But wanted to familiarise myself with how to do in PSP. I had success at one time in last but not again until this week.

Just hang in Randy. You will see how it's done in the workshop. Carole will set you straight.

• Like 3

I'm back to refresh my learning om vectors in PSP. What I learned from earlier classes was enough to meet my needs then and it gave me the background I needed to begin exploring InkScape to create SVGs. Now I want to review and maybe even extend my knowledge of using vectors within PSP. Looking forward to the workshop.

• Like 1

Hi, registered a little late in the day, yes vectors are a little confusing so this workshop should iron out any issues I have.

PSP2023 generally used for editing / cropping / updating images, thank you Cassel

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Randy said:

I was wondering if we will be using text on path.

That is definitely part of the workshop!

18 hours ago, Patty Swinimer said:

Hello, and thanks for this workshop.  I'm still using my trusty PSP9, what's everybody else using?

I am still using PSP9 daily too, even though the workshop tutorials use PSP2023. The information applies to all versions.

On 6/14/2024 at 2:23 PM, Cindy Sheets said:

I always think I understand vectors and then I go to do something and it tells me to convert to a raster. Or, I know how to do something but I am missing a step.

Yes, some commands need Vector layers, others need Rasters.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm also registered. I'm not on the PC that often or for that long at the moment because of appointments, but I want to make progress with PSP operation. A course like this motivates me. In Photo Impact I liked vectorizing shapes so that I could then pull them onto my canvas from the bag of tricks in the size I needed.

• Like 2