Greeting Card Workshop - 2024

Cassel

Day 1

I used a background and mushrooms from Creative Fabrica.

Font Freehand526 BT

The button was as suggested by Carole. I did adjust the colour.

I could not get the canvas to get to correct size so just left it as it was.

GreetingCardWorshop1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 13

Posted (edited)

My day two.  I turned it's side and went from there.  I went with the blue jeans colors because that is what my husband wears most of the time. He also likes his beer and chocolate cake so that is what I gave him.  The Happy birthday font is Stitch Patch which was today's  5/21 free font on C F. The cake was a black and white png file it it took forever to color everything , but at least I lots of practice with that technique.

My day 2 tom bd card 2.jpg 6.jpg

Edited by Anne Lamp
  • Like 6
  • Love 10

Posted (edited)

It has been a while and I forgot what maximum file size of our projects we can  post here in the forum. I just completed my day 1 and was ready to resize it for the forum and it will not post if the file size is too large. Thank you.

I just found out file size is up to 500 kb.

Edited by Anita Wyatt

@Corazon Barrameda I am glad you joined. Follow the tutorials and you should be able to create fun greeting cards. Looking forward to seeing them.

@Ann Seeber I guess this workshop was perfectly timed for your needs! And you might want to add something "special" inside that card to your step-daughter!

@Wendy Sanders Great card for a start of this workshop!

@Doska St. Those colors are beautiful. I gather you have found the gallery to post in.

@kasany Beautiful card! I am sure your family will appreciate it.

@fiona cook Great card. May I suggest that you either add shadows to all the elements or none at all? Just a suggestion.

@Petra Nuijten I see that you added just a faint shadow. That is a great idea as it does not look like an obvious shadow. Good work.

@Gerry Landreth Great card for a great occasion!

@Sharla That could be an interesting topic for a class. I'll keep that in mind. For your card, it is simple but effective!

@Corrie Kinkel I love how you add your logo on the back.

@Minka Glasier That is such a great idea for a card!

@Donna Sillia It is great to see you manage to resize the cards to fit your needs.

@Sue Thomas Honestly, when do you really follow a tutorial to the letter? 🙂 You always add your own touch! (and we love that!)

@Sheila Hogg I think your card is great. Simple, elegant. What does not resonate with you?

@Julie Magerka Are we invited to that bake-off? I could just be the taster!

@Randy What size are you trying to get? Were you using the Resize command?

@Anne Lamp It is fantastic when you can customize a card to the particularities and interest of the recipient. You can never get such custom cards in a store!

@Anita Wyatt The size should be about 600 pixels in width. If you save as a jpg, it should be way less than 500 kb.

I am looking forward to all the upcoming cards!

• Like 1

Here is my Greeting Card Lesson 1: I used a cover from one of the Birthday cards I received over the past years. The font is one of my favorites "Chase CallasSH. I don't remember where I found it a long time ago. Following Carole's tutorial I learned a few new tips. I took this workshop in 2022 and it is so helpful to get a refresher workshop.

Anita-Card-1-Birthday-scaled.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 15

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 4:14 PM, fiona cook said:

I just love flowers and flower photography plus I have a niece's birthday coming up so the ideal subject. I changed the canvas to 1500 x1500. Used a Random Noise Effect to the scallop paper. The texture effect, 'Blind' on the strip is bold at 100%. The round element is 'happiness is homemade' by Marissa Lerin form Digital scrapbooking.com. The font I have used is also from Creative Fabrica called 'Babylone'

Card1.jpg

The floral brad you used is so gorgeous that I went right to DS and downloaded the entire bundle! If you don't mind may I make a small suggestion? The shadow you used for the brad makes it look like it's floating above the card. You might want to make it smaller.

Edited by Michele
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

Loving everything, especially from our "newbies." I'm very impressed.

I was so looking forward to this workshop, but I don't know if I'll be able to participate due to an injury. Since there is no time limit for the workshops, I hope to be able to start soon and catch up. 🤞

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Posted (edited)

Card 2 - I changed the template by adding background squares behind the white squares, moved the top up and added a white scalloped border.  Created the ribbon with the Knot 3 script.  Added texture to the top panel, a polka dot overlay to the background layer, puppies from Creative Fabrica on the white squares and a tag with sentiment under the ribbon.  I made this for the Cards For Hospitalized Kids Charity.

3.jpg

Edited by Dee347
Change photo
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 19

2 hours ago, kasany said:

L2 Card2. 

CardWorkshop-Card2.jpg

@kasany I had the same issue with a white card where the edges didn't stand out here in the forum. I pulled it back and added a slightly larger bottom layer and added a faint shadow. That helped! I'll show it here again...

GREETING CARD WORKSHOP-EXTRA01- MAGIC 06-04_600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 9

Posted (edited)

I will continue with the invitation cards tomorrow.  Today's card is one I have just made to send via email.  My son's mother-in-law is a keen gardiner, and yesterday she slipped and took a tumble,  hurting her back.  She will be fine, she's like me as tough as  nails.   I used today's  template.  I struggle to find elements, as I have very few kits, and odd elements to choose from.  Anyway,  I sent the ecard with the wavy lines, which I lightened even more.  I'm not a big fan of patterened background papers, they have to be subtle.  I also addd a texture and a little noise.  I also chose to  frame the text instead of the whole page. 

Day 3 extra.jpg

Day 3.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 17

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I was so looking forward to this workshop, but I don't know if I'll be able to participate due to an injury. Since there is no time limit for the workshops, I hope to be able to start soon and catch up. 🤞

That's too bad Michele.  I hope your recovery goes well and fast. take care

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I will continue with the invitation cards tomorrow.  Today's card is one I have just made to send via email.  My son's mother-in-law is a keen gardiner, and yesterday she slipped and took a tumble,  hurting her back.  She will be fine, she's like me as tough as  nails.   I used today's  template.  I struggle to find elements, as I have very few kits, and odd elements to choose from.  Anyway,  I sent the ecard with the wavy lines, which I lightened even more.  I'm not a big fan of patterened background papers, they have to be subtle.  I also addd a texture and a little noise.  I also chose to  frame the text instead of the whole page. 

Day 3 extra.jpg

Day 3.jpg

I love this.  I was scrolling the new cards from the bottom so before I saw your name I guessed that this was from you.  Beautiful colors and layout.  I like both versions; straight and wavy. With even a small amount of supplies/elements you make a big impact.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

@kasany I had the same issue with a white card where the edges didn't stand out here in the forum. I pulled it back and added a slightly larger bottom layer and added a faint shadow. That helped! I'll show it here again...

GREETING CARD WORKSHOP-EXTRA01- MAGIC 06-04_600.jpg

This is s a good idea Ann.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dee347 said:

Card 2 - I changed the template by adding background squares behind the white squares, moved the top up and added a white scalloped border.  Created the ribbon with the Knot 3 script.  Added texture to the top panel, a polka dot overlay to the background layer, puppies from Creative Fabrica on the white squares and a tag with sentiment under the ribbon.  I made this for the Cards For Hospitalized Kids Charity.

3.jpg

This is so sweet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Michele said:

Michele that is very unlucky, I hope you recover soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day 2  This birthday card is for my daughter who loves flamingos so much that she had one tattooed on her shoulder. Those cute flamingos are from a CF bundle that I recently downloaded. The top ribbon has a blue background with a bokeh pattern that I made with Procreate. The scallops were made with cass quick scallop script. The font is Love Stars downloaded from CF. I duplicated the text, changed the color and moved the red copy to look like a layered font. The background is a parchment paper made in FF and lightened.

dsbdcard600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 14

Lesson 2 Greeting card (extra template)  I send cards for the usual events, but I also seem to need quite a few sympathy cards these days. Age-related, no doubt. I always struggle with store-bought cards for this occasion, so making my own sometimes is a better choice.

I took the photo yesterday in a garden near me. Such lovely tall bearded irises in a soft pastel.

SBC Greeting Card Lesson 2 extra_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 18

Just getting started with the week! I used a photo background, then used Posterize to change the lower background; adding a Selective Focus to the resulting image. This allowed me to focus solely on the ornament, while still keeping the main concept of the tree.

for the Scallop, I added in inner blend which created a shadow to create a "depth" that I like to see when I make my 3-D cards. I used random noise in monochrome to create the texture for the scalloped section. For the ribbon, I used a gradient at 45% that used colors from the original photo; added the star (from Digital Scrapbook). Then copied the scallop/ribbon/brad and placed it on the opposite side of the card. Merry Christmas in white at the bottom finished it off.

ChristmasCard rs350x250.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 16