Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

Day 5: I found the boxes in the template a little too small so I made them bigger and reduced the number to 3.

The photos were all taken on a walk in local woods earlier this month (January). The font is Righteous. The Papers are from Jessica Dunn’s  Wildwood Thicket kit. 

moss600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 10

My template 4 result, completed quite quickly thanks to gettting to understand how the script work. Have had them for ages but never used them as I got into such a muddle before. Can actually I love them and glad I have them in my stash.

cass-Template4 result-Resized.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 11

Lesson 5 - My daughter, Deb's, birthday is 3 days after Christmas. I just got these photos of their party in California. The dinner is crab and wild-picked mushroom risotto. The newspaper is what they used as a table cover as crab is messy! The title font is Monotype Corsiva. The flower is from cpjess-wildwood thicket kit. The hearts are labeled "SG_Exuberance_Emb_DCA_Hearts." The ric rac is labeled "AHA_somewhereintime_emb_ricrac."

TEMPLATE WORKSHOP 5 - DEB'S BIRTHDAY_600.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 10

Day 4

Font:  Nelson (Creative Fabrica - Laura Worthington)

Paper: Riley B Graphics (Creative Fabrica)

The word "Echo" is the shadow only (of something once that was and now isn't) and I used it in the literary sense from a google search below.  I shadowed the frame but not sure I like it or not.

What does echo symbolize in literature?

In literature and art, an echo can symbolize memory, the past, or the idea of something being repeated or reflected back. In many cultures, the echo has been used as a symbol of communication, reflection, and the interconnectedness of different elements.Feb 26, 2021

TempWS Day 4-Echo-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 5
  • Love 10

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I will use either black foam core or black Velvet.  Velvet is problematic as it wrinkles and it picks up all the dust, hair, threads etc.  But it so black that it's really good to use.  With foam core the trick to make sure the light is not lighting the background, so the subject farther away is better so you can have the light fall off faster, and I even use black foam core to block the light from spilling onto the background.  My set up is very "mickey mouse" (rag-tag) and not at all professional in any way (I dream of owning strobes, flashes, and light modifiers but they are too pricey at this time).  I am in a "studio" (aka: the spare bedroom that was once my hubbies office...now he is relegated to the "cat room" for his office).  It's small and I risk tripping over light stands and my camera on the tripod as I work.  But I am ever so grateful I even have that opportunity to have what I have and so I do the best I can and try to learn how to make the photos I want.  When I know better I'll do better work and when the time comes that I get the equipment I want I'll be ready for it (and the huge learning curve that goes with it).  

The photos I'm doing with the aged plants don't look great in my layouts as they really need to be shown bigger to see the beauty in the line, form and color of them.  I'm also still learning about my newer camera.  I had being using assisted manual focus but still not happy with the sharpness I thought I should be getting.  Well, I learned that I could zoom in BEFORE I take the shot (as well as after like I had been doing) to make sure what I want in focus is in focus.  I only just learned that two weeks ago.  Yeesh!  Why didn't I look that up before.  So these shots aren't as focused as I like.  It's a learning curve isn't it?.

Thanks for the info, I was curious and I always want to know! Sometimes a good habit but not everybody likes it. And yes every new thing comes with its own learning curve and may we have not enough patience...............

• Like 1

Day 5

Again a layout with purplish colors, I hope that is not becoming a new trend, but the color seems to suit the layout and photos. Although I love seeing colorful layouts, the ones I make are usually more subdued. The papers  are by cpjes in the 2022 augustus blogtrain; the doily is by Sheila Reid. The ribbons and flowers are by Marissa Lerin and recolored. The brads come from my stash and the font is Bremlin

Template Workshop-day5-600.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 10

3 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Day 5 My cat, Rocky, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge many years ago. Rocky was a rescue and already named when I got her. She was named by children. I also had a male cat, Misty...also a rescue and named by children. Carole, the white circle inside the stitching...I achieved the brown pawprints using a blend mode...white paper, black pawprints, background paper. I had to hide the original white circle but am unable to add a shadow without changing the colors...the blend mode works with the layer directly underneath.

Beautiful work. Can I ask what the name of the font is please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Day 5

Again a layout with purplish colors, I hope that is not becoming a new trend, but the color seems to suit the layout and photos. Although I love seeing colorful layouts, the ones I make are usually more subdued. The papers  are by cpjes in the 2022 augustus blogtrain; the doily is by Sheila Reid. The ribbons and flowers are by Marissa Lerin and recolored. The brads come from my stash and the font is Bremlin

Template Workshop-day5-600.jpg

Never apologize for purple. "I think god gets mad if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it." (paraphrased from The Color Purple - Alice Walker.)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

First chance I've had to catch up for this workshop. Did first three. The first (with owl) is a FB header; the second (monkey) is a Diamond extra template; and the third (falcon) is a poster format. I had to improvise on the wrapped text b/c I have trouble with that feature.

2024 Jan Templ 2 SBC workshop monkey.jpg

2024 Jan Templ 3 SBC workshop falcon.jpg

2024 Jan Templ workshop 1.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 3
  • Love 9

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Day 4

Font:  Nelson (Creative Fabrica - Laura Worthington)

Paper: Riley B Graphics (Creative Fabrica)

The word "Echo" is the shadow only (of something once that was and now isn't) and I used it in the literary sense from a google search below.  I shadowed the frame but not sure I like it or not.

What does echo symbolize in literature?

In literature and art, an echo can symbolize memory, the past, or the idea of something being repeated or reflected back. In many cultures, the echo has been used as a symbol of communication, reflection, and the interconnectedness of different elements.Feb 26, 2021

TempWS Day 4-Echo-600.jpg

I knew this was yours before I saw the name. You love your seedheads and do such a beautiful job of presenting them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Harmony Birch said:

Ok so here's day 2, changed things up a little bit so I could display 3 of the 5 varieties of seed planted.

2-600.jpg

I used to grow many plants from seeds. It was fun to watch them grow. Now, I'm just too lazy, and have a smaller garden (thank goodness!)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Lesson 5 - My daughter, Deb's, birthday is 3 days after Christmas. I just got these photos of their party in California. The dinner is crab and wild-picked mushroom risotto. The newspaper is what they used as a table cover as crab is messy! The title font is Monotype Corsiva. The flower is from cpjess-wildwood thicket kit. The hearts are labeled "SG_Exuberance_Emb_DCA_Hearts." The ric rac is labeled "AHA_somewhereintime_emb_ricrac."

TEMPLATE WORKSHOP 5 - DEB'S BIRTHDAY_600.jpg

Love the layout, and the menu for the party sounds divine!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sheila Hogg said:

My template 4 result, completed quite quickly thanks to gettting to understand how the script work. Have had them for ages but never used them as I got into such a muddle before. Can actually I love them and glad I have them in my stash.

cass-Template4 result-Resized.jpg

One of England's many outstanding historical gardens. How lovely to see these pix on a cold winter day!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Sharla said:

Day 5: I found the boxes in the template a little too small so I made them bigger and reduced the number to 3.

The photos were all taken on a walk in local woods earlier this month (January). The font is Righteous. The Papers are from Jessica Dunn’s  Wildwood Thicket kit. 

moss600.jpg

You have moss in January? Must be a lot warmer where you are!  Lovely pix.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerry Landreth said:

Day 5. Felix was born this past summer. The pictures are some of "The Firsts" of his first year - winter (in Illinois), Halloween, and Christmas.

The papers are from Annie Digital. The fonts are Lato Light and Belgium.

GNL-2024-TemplateWorkshop-Day05-600.jpg

So adorable!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harmony Birch said:

Actually the Clip-to-it is a paid for script and $6 may not seem like much but I am actually in a month where I simply don't have $6 to spare
Harmony

I too am feeling more cautious about where my limited (retirement) funds go. Prices keep rising, but my income doesn't. I get it.

7 hours ago, bina greene said:

Thanks for this gorgeous template @Cassel. There is soo much in it. I moved things slightly around and turned it since I wanted to feature my poem as well. Font is Beach House. The huge layered flower in the top right is by Marisa Lerin.

spacer.png

The layout is subdued and magical at the same time. Very tranquil.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

TEMPLATE WORKSHOP-LESSON 4-BABY FACES - FEATURING GREAT GRAND RAJA, MAGIC'S LITTLE BRO. AND PANDA, THE CAT.

Actually, he's not so little. He's less than 5 months and already weighs 20 lbs.!

Title Font = Baby Olivia

Text Font = Over the Rainbow

Crown - Marisa Lerin

Background-color fill, blinds texture, noise, soft light

TEMPLATE WORKSHOP-LESSON 4-BABY FACES-RAJA_600.jpg

What a smiley little guy!