What are you working on (in January 2024)?

Cassel

12 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

here I'm showing another tutorial from the campus blog, namely the snow globe. This was a good inspiration after I was looking for a motif for the birthday card of my young nephew, whose birthday is coming up.

It is nice to see that snow globe tutorial used for something other than Christmas. A great example of how one technique can be customized for something else.

Good work!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

A visit to Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt turned out to be a special event...sponstaneously. Sometimes those times turn out to be the most fun. Template 311 by Chantahalia Designs.

large.2023122SweetFrogcd_digital_scrapbooking_template_311600.jpg.b828008aba50897885b991aa57822abe.jpg

Love the little frog on your friends shoulder, and the expression on her face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2024 at 8:34 PM, Donna Sillia said:

It's still raining here, no snow yet.

I am still addicted to making masks. I downloaded a picture from Creative Fabrica, removed the background, and used brightness and contrast to make it black. I applied cass script raster to mask and added one of my daisy pictures.

sun.jpg

dsdaisies.jpg

Making an using masks is such a lot of fun! This one is very nice.

• Thanks 1

I'm really not happy with this layout, but it is what it is! Lab 11 Mod 9: requirements: water droplet (2 on the ground); cloud (made 3 and they are shown); umbrella - had fun with this.  In addition to the water droplet, I used the tutorial for the droplet to make water drops and made a pattern of scattered raindrops (water drops) and then an overlay for a 12X12 paper.  I used the overlay on the background paper and scattered the water drops coming down from the clouds; and put a water drop in each of the droplets.  I also made a "Puddle" which is what the boy in the silhouette is standing in.  Don't remember what the font name is.

Lab11 Mod 9 Trial_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I'm really not happy with this layout

Mary, this is a delightful layout! The only thing I would change is to make the title all in caps. Perhaps using Mona Home from the Font Challenge would work, also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 1:13 AM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Christmas Eve service...Kit from Digital Scrapbooking, Commons, "Ready for Christmas" by Saskia Veldhoen. Paper, solid, 03. Frame 18-10a. I extracted the tree from a photo. Gifts from Creative Fabrica. Tree graphic, 18-10a.

large.20231224NewHopeChurch@Sas_ReadyForChristmas_Solid01600.jpg.ae9125b14b84347dd2be8942a197c2cb.jpg

I like your work thanks to its fine symethry:)

• Thanks 1

Jacek loves mountains. He often goes there, Once I've seen a template, which I use here ( coz I created it with PSP). I already know to see/watch many templates, don't copy them at once. 

heLovesMountains.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Mary, this is a delightful layout! The only thing I would change is to make the title all in caps. Perhaps using Mona Home from the Font Challenge would work, also. 

Thank you, Ann.  I welcome your comments and I will try that change in the title and post it later today.  thanks again.

On 1/12/2024 at 1:11 AM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

A visit to Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt turned out to be a special event...sponstaneously. Sometimes those times turn out to be the most fun. Template 311 by Chantahalia Designs.

large.2023122SweetFrogcd_digital_scrapbooking_template_311600.jpg.b828008aba50897885b991aa57822abe.jpg

Lovely and fun layout, Bonnie.

• Thanks 1

Ahead of the workshop starting today, I am trying to finish Lab 11 Mod 10.  One of the requirements is to make a triple spiral and accordiing to the tutorial you are to get a spiral from Livi Fictions.  I couldn't find it on the web, so I tried my hand at drawing a spiral and working with that (but not with the vector spiral script).  I later found one (spiral) at pixel scrapper and began with that.  I'll show you the first (my feeble attempt at the triple spiral working with my handdrawn one) and then the one I managed to do as the directions say with the Vector Spiral script (you have to have something open so I opened the spiral I had downloaded from pixel scrapper). I saved the wonky one in my Halloween kit folder.

My spiral triple.jpg

MLS Triple spiral gold.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 5

Lab 11 Mod 10.  Requirements: argyle pattern: background paper; triple spiral: doubled it in the lower right corner and single one in upper right corner; slide frame: the 6 photos are displayed in the frames.  I used the layout template (modified) from the module.  the title font is Lionteen (I'm pretty sure it came from Creative Fabrica). Strange thing again in working with this layout: I tried to duplicate the "Houghton, MI" and put it on each of the frames, but it wouldn't work - I got a blank each time I tried to copy it and move the copy to the next frame, so I had to do a vector for each of the frames on the top and the bottom.  Couldn't figure what went wrong.

Lab11 Mod 10_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Ahead of the workshop starting today, I am trying to finish Lab 11 Mod 10.  One of the requirements is to make a triple spiral and accordiing to the tutorial you are to get a spiral from Livi Fictions.  I couldn't find it on the web, so I tried my hand at drawing a spiral and working with that (but not with the vector spiral script).  I later found one (spiral) at pixel scrapper and began with that.  I'll show you the first (my feeble attempt at the triple spiral working with my handdrawn one) and then the one I managed to do as the directions say with the Vector Spiral script (you have to have something open so I opened the spiral I had downloaded from pixel scrapper). I saved the wonky one in my Halloween kit folder.

My spiral triple.jpg

MLS Triple spiral gold.jpg

I like you hand drawn one too.  It's rustic and authentic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been a while since I had time to create a new one. (They've been repeating themes from 2017 so I've been repeating my layouts with a few adjustments.) The background paper is a chevron from PS/DS by Sheila Reid to which I added a Gaussian blur. I used the Andrea Bilarosa font I got in a free font bundle from CF and the flourish is from my collection of scrapbooking "stuff." 🙂 As you probably already guessed, the illustration is by Hayden Williams. The best part, and the reason I wanted to share this, is Cassel's gimp trims picture tube. I used one to frame the illustration and the layout.

large.FABDLHollywoodGlamour!600.jpg.b287c05b9e947d30ef69d487c9fed7ef.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7