Calendar Workshop 2024

Cassel

CalendarWorkshop-Blank-Preview-500.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this workshop.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to encourage us. Every page we will make will be different, based on each others' photos, stories, and preferences but we can all get inspired by everyone's projects. The workshop will start on November 13th.

You might want to chitchat during the workshop, but you will want to wait until the end, once all the lessons are done since you will keep working through them all during the seven days.

Now, let's get ready! (if you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announced it, HERE it is)

Glad to see this workshop pop up again! I created a calendar for my granddaughter, Anna Lee, 2 years ago with the theme of the TV show, Downton Abbey, as we were both passionate fans. She and her husband even traveled from California to England and visited the real "castle." I don't know what my theme will be for this year yet but maybe another favorite TV show as they yield a lot of media photos to work with.  Here's an example of my previous work.

My Calendar-01-2022_sxaled.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

I'm in too and very glad we do another one this year. It will be my 4th time and I have made a lot of different ones as gifts. This year I will use the flower photos from my trip to the States. There are a whole bunch of flowers we,  over here,  don't know or only have as houseplants. A friend to whom I send some of the photos was already speculating: "a new calendar?" So no pressure.............. I have them in a separate folder already and I'm ready to go.

• Like 4

• Cassel pinned this topic

I am also in!    Every year, I make a calendar to give to my mother-in-law, as she likes and expects.   

She likes something cute and something she can laugh about... So, that's what I have in mind when choosing images at Pixabay/Unsplash/Pexels... 

It's getting difficult to find something new in this category. 🙂

• Like 4

On 10/24/2023 at 11:09 PM, Cassel said:

CalendarWorkshop-Blank-Preview-500.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this workshop.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to encourage us. Every page we will make will be different, based on each others' photos, stories, and preferences but we can all get inspired by everyone's projects. The workshop will start on November 13th.

You might want to chitchat during the workshop, but you will want to wait until the end, once all the lessons are done since you will keep working through them all during the seven days.

Now, let's get ready! (if you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announced it, HERE it is)

What size should the photos be for the calendar ...? Is SQUARE best...?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brian Smith said:

What size should the photos be for the calendar ...? Is SQUARE best...?

Good question. Based on the templates provided, the image will end up horizontal,  about 2400x1700 pixels. If you have a recent version of PSP, you will be able to enlarge photos that might be a bit too small.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Good question. Based on the templates provided, the image will end up horizontal,  about 2400x1700 pixels. If you have a recent version of PSP, you will be able to enlarge photos that might be a bit too small.

thank you, I wanted to know this too.  It will help decide on photos.  I do want to do the cameras and tie it in with my almost finished Magazine workshop.  So some of the photos will be used again, but I wanted to add some more.  

• Like 1

I added some text and I made a box with the days in it. I saved the box as a png for future use. As the Nature Conservancy has already sent the 2024 calendar. I used it to label the days. I'm using photos from over the years that I've taken. Each will be used in the month taken. Not sure about the backgrounds yet. I would like to put some shadows of some kind to the frames. Don't know if that's possible. Have to wait and see.

2024-Calendar-01-Jan-sm.jpg

2024-Calendar-02-Feb-sm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

32 minutes ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Hi everyone .I am in also .My photo didn't go on the "photo here" layer. It made a new layer so already gone wrong and only on Day 1 !!  It is still behind the overlay so I think it will still work. It is defiantly going to be user error again !.Seem to get a lot of this these days ! Have fun all ..

Barbara, honest, it is ok. That worked like it should. The "overlay" is the mask. Nothing went wrong and you have no "user error" at all. 

• Like 2