Scrapbook Bootcamp - October 2023

Cassel

@Barbara Caulton Welcome to the bootcamp. This thread is to say hi and to post your projects. There is a separate introduction section if you want to be a little more chatty. You can find that section HERE. Looking forward to your projects showcasing those cuties. Good to see you already started playing with the sandwich exercise. Great first page with Oona.

@Emerald Jay Great sandwich exercise. Don't worry about it being basic: that is where one starts. I am curious to know where you heard of me before? Maybe we had met in a different forum/store? Great first layout! I see you used appropriate shadows. That is a great start!

@Angelo Cacciari Did you remove all the tomatoes from your sandwich? Or just moved them inward? ?

@Ann Seeber It is fun to see how your sandwich exercise gets more and more "complex" every time you go through the Bootcamp!

@Anne Lamp Good thing you warned the newcomers about your sandwich!!!

@Henry Schellenberg Welcome back to PSP!!!

@Bonnie Ballentine That is more than a sandwich: it is a real lunch!

@Anja Pelzer It is great to see the difference between two bootcamps! Hopefully, it will inspire the newcomers! I love that stitching you used in your layout. Can you share what supplies you used (if you remember)?

@Carolyn Rye Nice sandwich and I like your tablecloth.

@Jannette Nieuwboer You obviously have a large monitor! I could not work with the Organiser and the Navigation. Nice table to eat on! I love your flower photo. Are those autumn flowers???

@Doska St. What a cute kitten! Is that your supervisor? We do have a few of those in the forum! Nice sandwich spread. I see you added shadows to your elements! It really does give them dimensions.

@Gerry Landreth I am glad to see you use the lessons on ghostly apparitions. The ghost might show up more if it were darker! ?

Keep them coming!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

@Anja Pelzer It is great to see the difference between two bootcamps! Hopefully, it will inspire the newcomers! I love that stitching you used in your layout. Can you share what supplies you used (if you remember)?

my image is linked to gallery , there is the kit info

I used a kit named Lily Pond made by Lynn Anselc, all in the layout is from the kit. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Barbara Caulton Welcome to the bootcamp. This thread is to say hi and to post your projects. There is a separate introduction section if you want to be a little more chatty. You can find that section HERE. Looking forward to your projects showcasing those cuties. Good to see you already started playing with the sandwich exercise. Great first page with Oona.

@Emerald Jay Great sandwich exercise. Don't worry about it being basic: that is where one starts. I am curious to know where you heard of me before? Maybe we had met in a different forum/store? Great first layout! I see you used appropriate shadows. That is a great start!

@Angelo Cacciari Did you remove all the tomatoes from your sandwich? Or just moved them inward? ?

@Ann Seeber It is fun to see how your sandwich exercise gets more and more "complex" every time you go through the Bootcamp!

@Jannette Nieuwboer You obviously have a large monitor! I could not work with the Organiser and the Navigation. Nice table to eat on! I love your flower photo. Are those autumn flowers???

@Doska St. What a cute kitten! Is that your supervisor? We do have a few of those in the forum! Nice sandwich spread. I see you added shadows to your elements! It really does give them dimensions.

@Gerry Landreth I am glad to see you use the lessons on ghostly apparitions. The ghost might show up more if it were darker! ?

Keep them coming!

Indeed a big screen: 17.3 inc.  And the flowers in the photo are Asters. from seeds. We sow them at the end of spring or early summer and they bloom in October. For about a month. nice closure of autumn. This is not a perennial Aster plant. 

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

8 hours ago, Cassel said:

Carole, I saw your post about the bootcamp on Digital Scrapbook.com. I was a member there before I got sick in 2016 when it was PixelScrapper. When searching for tutorials back then and now again, I'm sure some of yours came up. I just can't remember much more now though.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:00 AM, Doska St. said:

Good morning everyone,

After some confusion and technical difficulties on my part, I can now follow the bootcamp modules:
My settings:
Background color: light gray
Palette material and layers: docked
Window: free-floating
My photo:

DS-Cicero-PC.JPG

What a sweet kitty.  The best assistant ever.  

18 hours ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Hi everyone .Following a lot of e mails back and forth, thank you so much Carole, I think I might be finding my way around, but there again if this is in the wrong place I clearly have not ! The photograph is of my Retriever, Oona, sadly now at Rainbows Bridge but her antics still bring a smile to my face. I have never done a workshop before or indeed been on a forum so this is a big learning curve !  

NEW PAINTER ON THE BLOCK..600.jpg

You are in the right place Barbara.  With a beautiful layout!  I've done the bootcamp 5-6 times.  I would never have being able to use PSP if not for the bootcamp and the Scrapbook Campus.  So, you are right place on two accounts.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Cassel said:

Keep them coming!

I knew everyone would have a sandwich. I brought dessert for everyone...and chips.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Here's my entry in the Bootcamp's first project: Waiting for the Great Pumpkin. This is great-grand Jonah James, born June 20 this year. I've done this exercise several times so I use old ones as templates. Here are the details: Title Font = Gil Sans Ultra Bold;  ID Font = Freestyle Script; Photo = by grandson-in-law Maverick Paolucci; Scatters = cass-frosty fall scatters; Oak leaves, tree and pumpkin are all cliparts from my Fall stash; Background plaid = PS-Janet-Scott-Gingham; tag and brad from Marisa Lerin and Vertical strip = AHA_somewhereintime_papers11-colorized. 

BOOTCAMP-OCT 2023- LESSON 3-JONAH WAITING FOR THE GREAT PUMPKIN_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

Hi, unfortunately I don't know English, I don't write much, for this reason I rely on Google translator, hoping that it translates well.
This is my cat or rather it is my partner's cat, her name is Nika, she has a variable character but by now I have gotten used to her liveliness, she is part of the family
My works are simple but I like them that way.

3 day.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my entry in the Bootcamp's first project: Waiting for the Great Pumpkin. This is great-grand Jonah James, born June 20 this year. I've done this exercise several times so I use old ones as templates. Here are the details: Title Font = Gil Sans Ultra Bold;  ID Font = Freestyle Script; Photo = by grandson-in-law Maverick Paolucci; Scatters = cass-frosty fall scatters; Oak leaves, tree and pumpkin are all cliparts from my Fall stash; Background plaid = PS-Janet-Scott-Gingham; tag and brad from Marisa Lerin and Vertical strip = AHA_somewhereintime_papers11-colorized. 

BOOTCAMP-OCT 2023- LESSON 3-JONAH WAITING FOR THE GREAT PUMPKIN_600.jpg

So cute.  I love Gil Sans Ultra Bold, especially the 'i'.  It's a great go-to thick font isnt it?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Angelo Cacciari said:

Hi, unfortunately I don't know English, I don't write much, for this reason I rely on Google translator, hoping that it translates well.
This is my cat or rather it is my partner's cat, her name is Nika, she has a variable character but by now I have gotten used to her liveliness, she is part of the family

3 day.jpg

Welcome to the Bootcamp and Campus.  Thankfully Google translate is here to help everyone take advantage of this wonderful workshop.  What a sweet beautiful Nika.  Many of us in the Campus have cats.  I have two, one looks very much like Nika (her name is Saya) and I have a black cat named Sumi.  You will see lots of posts in the Gallery section of the (Scrapbook)Campus of members cats.

@Anja Pelzer I didn't realize you had posted in the gallery. For our newbies who might be wondering, could you either summarize your supplies/sources and mention that the details are in the gallery?

@Carolyn Rye Great first page for the Bootcamp. Have you added shadows to your elements and photos? You should still have a layered version (in .pspimage format). Try to go back and add some shadows. Compare the difference.

@Jannette Nieuwboer Maybe I'll see if those can grow in our area. My husband tends to prefer native plants so we'd have to see if they are native around here or not.

@Emerald Jay Ah yes. I have been at PixelScrappers for many years!

@Bonnie Ballentine So thoughtful to have brought dessert. Considering that only a few participants are showing up, we'll each get a bigger piece! ?

@Ann Seeber That guy looks tired of waiting for the Great Pumpkin!!!

@Doska St. Yes, I think I solved the video issue (it was on MY end!) Great first page. It must not be too hard to use PSP based on your experience with PI. Is it?

@Angelo Cacciari You can use Google Translate as much as you want. And even, once in a while, you can write in your own language. We can highlight the text and translate it ourselves too. You did a great first page. Did you try adding shadows to the photos, the ribbons, and the elements? It would give a 3D effect.

Tomorrow, you will get your second project. If you have not completed the first one, don't worry. From this point, the projects will only be every other day so you will have plenty of time to catch up.

14 hours ago, Angelo Cacciari said:

3 day.jpg

Hi Angelo,

your cat looks sweet and your Layout is so lovely, i love it! I am a catlover too and I like doodles and ornaments, many from dingbats-fonts.

Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Anja Pelzer I didn't realize you had posted in the gallery. For our newbies who might be wondering, could you either summarize your supplies/sources and mention that the details are in the gallery?

@Carolyn Rye Great first page for the Bootcamp. Have you added shadows to your elements and photos? You should still have a layered version (in .pspimage format). Try to go back and add some shadows. Compare the difference.

@Jannette Nieuwboer Maybe I'll see if those can grow in our area. My husband tends to prefer native plants so we'd have to see if they are native around here or not.

@Emerald Jay Ah yes. I have been at PixelScrappers for many years!

@Bonnie Ballentine So thoughtful to have brought dessert. Considering that only a few participants are showing up, we'll each get a bigger piece! ?

@Ann Seeber That guy looks tired of waiting for the Great Pumpkin!!!

@Doska St. Yes, I think I solved the video issue (it was on MY end!) Great first page. It must not be too hard to use PSP based on your experience with PI. Is it?

@Angelo Cacciari You can use Google Translate as much as you want. And even, once in a while, you can write in your own language. We can highlight the text and translate it ourselves too. You did a great first page. Did you try adding shadows to the photos, the ribbons, and the elements? It would give a 3D effect.

Tomorrow, you will get your second project. If you have not completed the first one, don't worry. From this point, the projects will only be every other day so you will have plenty of time to catch up.

Hello Carole,

Thank you Carole for looking for and finding the video error from your side too. I appreciate that. Yes, you're right, a lot of things are similar to PI X3. Only a few settings are hidden under other settings, such as: B. the shadowing under Effects>3D. But I can record this in my study book and soon it will be in the subconscious, since shadows are often used. I'm looking forward to new design options that PI doesn't have (since Corel unfortunately stopped developing it for the sake of profit)

Have a nice and blessed weekend.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2023 at 4:11 AM, Cassel said:

What a cute kitten! Is that your supervisor? We do have a few of those in the forum! Nice sandwich spread. I see you added shadows to your elements! It really does give them dimensions.

Thanks for your compliment, Carole. Unfortunately, little “Rambo” was only 2 years old. He loved to lie with me at the PC. I still have a similar scrap of it in my DS gallery with a kit from Magnolia and a photo of a second cat we had before him.
Since I'm a 3D fan in scrap design, I rarely forget shadows.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 2:53 AM, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Arbeitsraum...dunkelgrau

Hintergrund...

Standard-Werkzeugleisten für den Arbeitsraum bearbeiten. Ich habe die Skript-Toolbar hinzugefügt.

Ich liebe den hellgrauen Arbeitsraum... es ist das, was ich in PSP 8 hatte. Es ist sehr hell auf meinem Bildschirm, so dass das dunkle Grau besser funktioniert. Ich frage mich, ob es eine Einstellung für meinen Monitor gibt, um die Helligkeit des Lichtgraus abzuträumen.

Ich habe mich mit meinem Sandwich mitreißen lassen... ich habe immer viel Fleisch und Tomaten, etwas Käse, keine Zwiebel. Dessert immer, wenn möglich. Chips irgendwann. Niemals Kaffee trinken.

table and sandwich 600.jpg

Oh Bonnie,
I only now see that you also used a red checkered handkerchief. Yes, I love these folk tablecloths in the Black Forest and Bavaria.
And you have LINZERTORTE with your coffee, so I'll come over to see you (in my mind) ;)). I love Linzertorte in the cooler seasons.

• Like 2