Magazine Workshop 2023

Cassel

14 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Day 2 and I changed the template for my photo and put the blue mat to the bottom. I kept the blue color because in my cover the text had that color too. I have a bit of text and I used Arial so all that text is easier to read. I will probably keep the light green color as a background for all my pages, it goes well with most of the photos I plan to use.

Het Depot 1-600.jpg

Corrie, this must be a very interesting place to visit.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

The front cover  of my magazine read that there was going to be an article on the secret life of the badger.  Here it is.  Badgers are frequent visitors, they keep my rodent population under control.  This lovely female was digging  to get under the work shop, where several ground squirrels resided.  I added a quote from rat, from The wind in the Willows

Magazine page 3 badger.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 12

27 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

The front cover  of my magazine read that there was going to be an article on the secret life of the badger.  Here it is.  Badgers are frequent visitors, they keep my rodent population under control.  This lovely female was digging  to get under the work shop, where several ground squirrels resided.  I added a quote from rat, from The wind in the Willows

Magazine page 3 badger.jpg

Beautiful.  I love the mustedlid family.  Your title is out of this world.  Love all the little touches you do.  Like the words "The secretive", and larger "B".  How do you manage to find so many creative ideas.  (Full disclosure:  I really just want to get my face all up in that soft fur..it probably isnt soft at all, and they are probably cranky animals if you mess with them. I bet they have teeth and a jaw to match the power of their claws.)

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Beautiful.  I love the mustedlid family.  Your title is out of this world.  Love all the little touches you do.  Like the words "The secretive", and larger "B".  How do you manage to find so many creative ideas.  (Full disclosure:  I really just want to get my face all up in that soft fur..it probably isnt soft at all, and they are probably cranky animals if you mess with them. I bet they have teeth and a jaw to match the power of their claws.)

Thank you ever so much for your  complimentary words.  It makes all the effort worth while, even photographing  subjects. 

You certainly wouldn't want to  antagonize them, not one little bit.  They are at the top of the food chain.  They are aggressive  if not left alone.  I keep my distance when I encounter them.  Their fur is actually soft.  I have picked some up that I have found laying on the ground, during a moult.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

Thank you ever so much for your  complimentary words.  It makes all the effort worth while, even photographing  subjects. 

You certainly wouldn't want to  antagonize them, not one little bit.  They are at the top of the food chain.  They are aggressive  if not left alone.  I keep my distance when I encounter them.  Their fur is actually soft.  I have picked some up that I have found laying on the ground, during a moult.

I've posted the first three pages of the workshop in  facebook, for  betting viewing. 

• Like 1

Day 3 and we are still in Het Depot at a floor with different areas for restauration, conserving and packaging for transport of the divers art works. At some point there was a cabinet filled with all kinds of pigments and paint tubes. It was a pity that I couldn't take a shot of it due to all the reflections in the glass doors. The whole building, if you can call it that, is full of glass inside and out. The elevators have glass walls, the stairs have glass panels and there are even glass floors, which will be in another photo.

I kept the same font Copperplate Gothic but with colors from the photo. I added an artist impression of the building with some statistics.

Het Depot 2-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Here is my page 3 DEBRA LENNOX ART - PACIFIC OCEAN. Featured is her etching called Salmon on the Fin. As you can see, the fish is diagrammed for consumption. This is one of my favorites of her work but unfortunately, she sold it and there are no prints left either. ?The title font is still Agency. The background is another of her watercolors, "Finding Magic," that was an impressionistic treatment of the Pacific, and I used a Hard Light layer effect. 

MAGAZINE-DEBRA LENNOX ART-PG03-PACIFIC OCEAN_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12