Magazine Workshop 2023

Cassel

Time to post pages 4 & 5 of Debra Lennox Art. Since the two pages go together, I whipped out the Open Book script.  These pieces are from her Country Living gallery. The font is still the same. I'll post the text separately as the book is not as readable. 

"Debra Beck Lennox paints in watercolor, oil, acrylic and is currently a printmaker. Her watercolors celebrate the light and texture of her favorite places while the paint flows freely and expressively. Her acrylics and oils feature vivid colors and strong composition that tell a visual story. Playing with many techniques express different feelings, depending on her mood. "

COUNTRY LIVING-PGS4&5-OPEN BOOK_FORUM.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

19 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

And the love between you and Poncho shows in every photo and layout. I feel the same about my cats. Since I am 82 and they are 13 & 9, who knows who will go first? If I'm ever left alone without at least one of them, I might adopt an older cat. They languish in shelters and deserve some love in their waning years, also. 

I was thinking about that too...adopting an older cat.  Or maybe volunteering or fostering. 

• Love 2

15 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Time to post pages 4 & 5 of Debra Lennox Art. Since the two pages go together, I whipped out the Open Book script.  These pieces are from her Country Living gallery. The font is still the same. I'll post the text separately as the book is not as readable. 

"Debra Beck Lennox paints in watercolor, oil, acrylic and is currently a printmaker. Her watercolors celebrate the light and texture of her favorite places while the paint flows freely and expressively. Her acrylics and oils feature vivid colors and strong composition that tell a visual story. Playing with many techniques express different feelings, depending on her mood. "

COUNTRY LIVING-PGS4&5-OPEN BOOK_FORUM.jpg

That Sunflower is STUNNING!  I grew them for the first time.  They are mutant sunflower though.  Supposed to be 6-6.5 feet tall.  they are almost 10' now.  The open book works great in this format.  It would be cool to have  a "Magazine" script, thinner and both sizes...hint..hint..hint Carole. ?

• Like 4

Day 4 the, double page, and it shows more of the artwork on display and the structure of the atrium. In the whole building there is glass almost everywhere and that makes it very transparent. You can see through the lifts and there are even a couple of corridors where there is a glass floor; although not everybody likes to walk on those floors.

I use the same font on all the titles, but again in another color to go with this page's colors. Changed the blue mats to a more fitting color which I took from the photos. It really is a fascinating structure!

Het Depot 3a-600.jpg

Het Depot 3b-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 13

50 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I was thinking about that too...adopting an older cat.  Or maybe volunteering or fostering. 

I've started working with a local shelter to trap and home local stray cats. Most recent was a female calico that had 4 kittens. We lost one kitten but all the rest are safe in homes now, including "my mama, Maybelline." Now I'm leaving out food for a young calico, but it is very elusive, and I rarely see it, though it's eating the food, mostly. It took me over 6 months to get Maybelline to be calm (though she still hissed at me if I got too close LOL) I'm just glad she got her own home and is safe now. My two pampered brats would not have allowed her in the house.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Day 4. I carried the background and mat colors and textures through to these pages. Along with the BakerSignet BT font in the blue color. I chose to darken the text on the mat instead of lighten it. I have trouble reading white text.  I will add that I am not liking the page with the text and will more than likely change it before printing for my albums. But that will be for a later time.

2019 Balloon D1-600.jpg

2019 Balloon D2-600.jpg

Edited by Rene Marker
  • Like 2
  • Love 11

There is some really GREAT ideas here ......   I designed the logo, the fishing boat is from Free transparent background PNG cliparts free download | HiClipart.   I used CASS Airbrush script on the paper and CASS barcode script.   Fonts used Marguerite, Isrety, GUMS and Times New Roman.    Thanks Cassel this is a great idea.   Having lots of fun with it.

Lesson 1acass-MagazineA-00.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 14

Day 4.  Actually Carole,  I  don't think it takes me that much longer to create my pages as it does for others to do theirs.  The photos slip nicely into the masks.  I didn't need to resize the templates, as  I had already done that the first time we had the challenge.  I'm  confident  in manipulating  text ( vectors).  The advert I took from one of my other pages, all I had to do was change the date and the title.  The text I  took from my notes, which I have  used before.   Nor do I have to worry about creating   or using elements, as one does for a scrap page. Apologies for not adhering  to the specs laid out. 

Magazine Day four (1).jpg

Magazine Day four (3).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 12

6 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

I've started working with a local shelter to trap and home local stray cats. Most recent was a female calico that had 4 kittens. We lost one kitten but all the rest are safe in homes now, including "my mama, Maybelline." Now I'm leaving out food for a young calico, but it is very elusive, and I rarely see it, though it's eating the food, mostly. It took me over 6 months to get Maybelline to be calm (though she still hissed at me if I got too close LOL) I'm just glad she got her own home and is safe now. My two pampered brats would not have allowed her in the house.

Ann, that is so wonderful.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Royanne Hewko said:

There is some really GREAT ideas here ......   I designed the logo, the fishing boat is from Free transparent background PNG cliparts free download | HiClipart.   I used CASS Airbrush script on the paper and CASS barcode script.   Fonts used Marguerite, Isrety, GUMS and Times New Roman.    Thanks Cassel this is a great idea.   Having lots of fun with it.

Lesson 1acass-MagazineA-00.jpg

Beautiful Royanne.  And you've got your Oilers hoodie on.  Are you in Edmo (my name for Edmonton)?  I'm in St. Albert.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

My day 2: I was side tracked the last two days designing a new business card for my son. The photo was an overview of the dam. I used the same background, stripes and colors as the first page. The font is Arial. My photos cannot do justice to the immense size of the dam and its surroundings.

dsPage2HooverDam.jpg

Even visited by Transformers and secret base for Sector 7.  Just sayin'.  all kidding aside, I love these pictures. I've been to a tiny dam in British Columbia and thought it was awesome, can't imagine what The Hoover Dam would be like.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3