Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

10 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

QP Extra Lesson 1

This was another little odd shack we came across on our walk.  I would love to see inside these places.  My friends cabin had been in the family 3 generations and they have a sizeable property going up the hill with another cabin and creek beside that they had the water rights to.  Because of the close proximity to Vancouver, there is now huge mega houses on this beach.  I love the quirky odd shacks, too bad they are all gone now.  

QP-Xtra 1-iny Beach House-600.jpg

Like your idea Susan with the bird prints so I have made a version with my photo on the QP Extra image. I used 'Bugs' Picture Tube and dotted them about.

QP-Extra1-poppy.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

54 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

This time I did all 3 layouts for QP-1. First is a new bird at my feeder, well, actually, a regular but in a new color morph. Never saw an orange-headed house finch before but Merlin confirmed my sighting. This is the Merlin photo. The alpha is Fiesta from Annie Tobin-R.I.P. The text font is Ink Free. Second is the flip flop banner, featuring my daughter's flip flop birthday cake from last September when she turned 60. I used a gimp picture tube for the top border. Last is my granddaughter-in-law, Lucy, mother of Magic. I thought the black and white photo went well in the busy layout. I enlarged the photo area with my eraser tool.

HOUSE FINCH-QP1_600.jpg

FLIP FLOPS BANNER-QP1_600.jpg

LUCY_600.jpg

That house finch is a "ginger".  I love the flip flop cake, that would be perfect for my sister-in-law and niece who live in flip flops (how do they walk in them, I'm always tripping over my feet in them).  I never thought to enlarge the photo space, good idea.  Love the black and white photo.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

Like your idea Susan with the bird prints so I have made a version with my photo on the QP Extra image. I used 'Bugs' Picture Tube and dotted them about.

QP-Extra1-poppy.jpg

Wow Fiona, stunning photo!  And the bugs are a perfect fit, even if I'm a bit squeamish looking at them.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lesson 2

I took my water lily photo mainly for the name plaque for reference but in the end I quite liked the strange effects of the reflections and the plastic feel of the leaves, all of which enhanced with the Brightness and Contrast levels.

QP-Lesson2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 4

Lesson 2 Quick Page Extra

I didn't think that the supplied embellishment over the text added anything to my main photo so I covered it with a replacement: a cut out of another tulip photo of mine and added a drop shadow and a reverse shadow to define the contours. (No bugs this time Susan!)

QP-Extra-Lesson2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

The framed celebration layout for QP-2 worked fine for a pic of my grand-nephew before the prom recently.

I added a bubble to put some text in (Prom Night) to distinguish it from another type of celebration. I had tried previously to do something with this photo over and over and was never satisfied with the results. This was quick and easy, for a change.

Walker Prom night QP2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 5

6 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Well, this is perfect for my BREAKING NEWS! Introducing my 4th great-grand, born this morning, it's a boy, Jonah James Paolucci. Parents are granddaughter Ilana and hubby Maverick, also Logan now has a little bro!

Jonah James Paolucci-06-20-23_600.jpg

Congratulations great-grandma!  ? All is well with the family?

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Well, this is perfect for my BREAKING NEWS! Introducing my 4th great-grand, born this morning, it's a boy, Jonah James Paolucci. Parents are granddaughter Ilana and hubby Maverick, also Logan now has a little bro!

Jonah James Paolucci-06-20-23_600.jpg

Contratulations Ann!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3

QP-2 - Part 1 - Deep sea fishing off Acapulco. Since that was the only place we went for vacations (we loved being pampered by the "beach boys" ?) we had to try all the activities there. We went deep sea fishing and hubby, Fran, and I, each had a rod and a chair. I reeled in my fish but he had trouble. So I had to reel in his, also! This was sort of ridiculous as I weighed about 110 and he was topping 300. Whew!

DEEP SEA FISHING_600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I'll be there too, although like Ann (and Mary?) it is not for the first time. My photobook about my recent trip to California is almost ready, so time to start on something else and easy now.

Well I just have sent my book to the printer's and I expect it back in maybe a week or so.

There are made already a lot of nice layouts, to much to comment on and Ann congrats on another great-grand!!!

Here I used a vibrant orange California Poppy to complement the oranges in the QP.  It is already after midnight, so I'm of to bed!

QP-Extra1-2023-600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I have no idea what is happening to my posts. This is the THIRD time I am posting the same thing! Sorry for the delay. I hope it will work this time!

@fiona cook It is great to see such a simple object being showcased with an interesting story too. Those bugs look like they really belong with that photo!

@Julie Magerka Even if you don't like flip-flops, you found a great photo to use! That frame is perfect for the photo and quite timely too!

@Jannette Nieuwboer You did a great job with the photos; I would not have known that you had edited the backgrounds.

@Anja Pelzer That photo is perfectly matching the colors of the quick page! Adding a brush stroke under the text is a great idea.

@Sharla Did you add all the letters individually or did you adjust the kerning to match the individual banners? Great way to add a title. That is a fun and creative way to tweak that baker's layout!

@Grace Westerson Welcome to the workshop. I am glad this first lesson was easy enough to not scare you from the start!

@Donna Sillia What an interesting way to work around a vertical photo! Very creative!

@Gerry Landreth Oh, that beach photo is a gem!!!!

@Mary Solaas That photo of the turtles made me chuckle! You better use that FB header soon... it is a lovely photo to show!

@Anita Wyatt I could also make a whole album of places my cats loved to hide: bags and boxes are their favorites! Good adjustment of the photo without distortion!

@Susan Ewart That photo is a perfect match as far as colors are concerned! That photo of the beach looks so similar to what we have around here!

@kasany Simple photos are often the cutest to look at.

@Jannette Nieuwboer It is a good thing you are not distorting the photo! It is common for users to try to "fit the photo" and in the process, will squish them! Good work.

@Ann Seeber Those flip-flops were adorable!!! And congratulations to great-grandma!!! That fish photo is quite impressive, and so is the story!!

@MoniqueN. Are those colorful things moving at all (like wind chimes) or stationary?

@Corrie Kinkel You will have to record the unboxing of your album when you get it. We all want to watch!

@Anne Lamp Fun beach photo. Did you squish it a little to fit in the area?