Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

32 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I sold all my glass studio tools and supplies when we moved to where we are now (almost 10 yrs go we moved), and last year I sold all my silversmithing tools and supplies to buy a new camera.  It's like the pre-pre-downsizing.  I chose photography and PSP to be my hobby going into that phase.  Glass/jewelery took up a lot of space.  Now I laugh because I have a photo room that is too small, and another studio in the basement for paper supplies, for paper art, photo props (huge amount taken up with this0 or whatever.  More purging to go, I want a nice streamlined studio.....that is about size of an aircraft hanger! (that might not be enough?) .

I found alternative uses in the garden for my large studio photography lamp shades. The digital age saved a bit of space.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I had to go way back to find 10 pictures. My grandsons in the photos are now 21 and 28, but we had a really great time at the Cleveland Zoo. The font is Broadway display. The additional animals are tubes except for the baboon which was also taken that day. The butterflies are tubes from my own butterfly photos.

4Zoo600.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 6
  • Love 6

Getting started on catching up. I've been traveling around with family since Thursday so I'm WAY behind!  This is QP- 5 - featuring new gg Jonah James on the day he came home from the hospital. The font is Viner Hand for the title. The label on the right was from Carole before she released her new script.

JJ ON HIS WAY HOME_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 12

5 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

Data Becker was fun to use, I used it too ?

I first got to know about it when we were in Switzerland, where our daughter lived at that time and it is a German program. I bought my first copy over there in German and updated until it stopped working with Windows. It was easy to work with and you could make great cards etc. I was really upset when it stopped!

3 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

Also from Pixelscrapper. ? Text says: "

This photo was taken near castle garden Oud-Valkenburg
in Schin op Geul.
This exudes such tranquility, you could go there all day
sit and enjoy the scenery.
The Netherlands are so beautiful!"

QP-8--3-600.jpg

Nice and it remembers me of our many visits to that area. You have visited many of the same places, gardens, castles museums as we have done over the years and indeed the Netherlands are pretty!

• Love 1

Day 7 extra: the flower pictures are called floral lace seamless patterns from deeezy.com. I tried to match the color of the center flower, but the leaves on the original template were orange. Since I could not change the leaves to green, I added a flower from songbird blog train in my kits.

laceflowers600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

11 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I first got to know about it when we were in Switzerland, where our daughter lived at that time and it is a German program. I bought my first copy over there in German and updated until it stopped working with Windows. It was easy to work with and you could make great cards etc. I was really upset when it stopped!

I didn't make cards with it, but I think I designed my first garden with that program ? And a database for recipes? Don't remember exactly ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Jannette Nieuwboer Simple and effective with those yellow flowers. Your tweaking of the insects page is lovely and delicate.

@Anita WyattThose cats are so cute. The font is interesting too!

@kasanyHave you made sure that the bears photos were sized proportionally? I have a feeling they are a little squished.

@Mary Solaas It is certainly pink!!

@Susan EwartIt is true that Saya LOOKS grumpy!! Good thing you specify that she is not! You didn't have to edit the pickles to give them faces! It does happen that some punctuation is not clear in some fonts. Sometimes, some actual letters look odd! Those little libraries are getting popular here too. In town here, there are at least 3 that I know of and it is not a big town! I have a story to tell about those. I'll have to tell it some other time!

@Sharla Those little hearts are cute. They were not picture tubes that you scattered?

@Donna SilliaWhen we have a lot to share, we want to use all the available space!

@Corrie Kinkel You used a smart way to fill smaller spaces. Sometimes, we can use small areas for "close-ups" or details of a larger photo. If you don't have small photos, in a way, it is a good problem to have. Better than the reverse when one has ONLY small pics! I am sure that card will bring a smile to your friend as you made it especially with her preferences in mind!

@Anja Pelzer Lovely to see those tubes used!

@Gerry LandrethHow do you communicate with Lynda now?

@Julie MagerkaBeautiful colors in your garden. Is that Peggy's Cove in the picture?

@MoniqueN. You are using mats very creatively to add delicate elements like dates. For the card, you might not even need a cutting machine since everything is easy to cut with scissors. When I was doing decoupage, I remember images from Anton Pieck. I'll have to look to see if I still have any work from those pics.

@fiona cook Nice touch for the neighbours!

@Anne LampNice spring flowers! And don't worry about "being late". Life comes first! And as a DIAMOND member, you will keep access to the lessons anyways so you are not limited in time.

@liberaThe change in color matches the photos well.

If you have not finished this workshop, don't worry, the tutorials will be left available for another week. Of course, DIAMOND members keep full access during their membership.

17 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Jannette Nieuwboer Simple and effective with those yellow flowers. Your tweaking of the insects page is lovely and delicate.

@Anita WyattThose cats are so cute. The font is interesting too!

@kasanyHave you made sure that the bears photos were sized proportionally? I have a feeling they are a little squished.

@Mary Solaas It is certainly pink!!

@Susan EwartIt is true that Saya LOOKS grumpy!! Good thing you specify that she is not! You didn't have to edit the pickles to give them faces! It does happen that some punctuation is not clear in some fonts. Sometimes, some actual letters look odd! Those little libraries are getting popular here too. In town here, there are at least 3 that I know of and it is not a big town! I have a story to tell about those. I'll have to tell it some other time!

@Sharla Those little hearts are cute. They were not picture tubes that you scattered?

@Donna SilliaWhen we have a lot to share, we want to use all the available space!

@Corrie Kinkel You used a smart way to fill smaller spaces. Sometimes, we can use small areas for "close-ups" or details of a larger photo. If you don't have small photos, in a way, it is a good problem to have. Better than the reverse when one has ONLY small pics! I am sure that card will bring a smile to your friend as you made it especially with her preferences in mind!

@Anja Pelzer Lovely to see those tubes used!

@Gerry LandrethHow do you communicate with Lynda now?

@Julie MagerkaBeautiful colors in your garden. Is that Peggy's Cove in the picture?

@MoniqueN. You are using mats very creatively to add delicate elements like dates. For the card, you might not even need a cutting machine since everything is easy to cut with scissors. When I was doing decoupage, I remember images from Anton Pieck. I'll have to look to see if I still have any work from those pics.

@fiona cook Nice touch for the neighbours!

@Anne LampNice spring flowers! And don't worry about "being late". Life comes first! And as a DIAMOND member, you will keep access to the lessons anyways so you are not limited in time.

@liberaThe change in color matches the photos well.

If you have not finished this workshop, don't worry, the tutorials will be left available for another week. Of course, DIAMOND members keep full access during their membership.

I had to tap Lynda to get her attention and maintain eye contact. In her last year, her eyesight was also failing. When she was a pup, she could hear a chip dropping from the other end of the house and be there to scarf it up before it hit the ground. In her elder years, it would drop; I would wake her up, lead her to the kitchen, and point. I was always rewarded for my effort with a big sloppy kiss.

• Love 4

QP-6 EXTRA - FEEDING GIRAFFES. My visiting daughter, Debbie and her sister, Laurey, plus Laurey's daugher, Jackie, the zookeeper, went on a drive-through safari on Friday. It was at Animal Adventures, The Preserve, near Binghamton, NY. The font is Corlita Serif. The photo was taken by Laurey on her Galaxy mobile. (It takes superior photos!)

FEEDING GIRAFFES_600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 9

Here is my QP-Day 8.  I looked at the QP Kits at Digital Scrapbooking and selected one called Love Birds from Gina Jones. Added other graphics from Creative Fabrica and my stash. The Font is Fadilla and I applied an Inner Bevel and drop shadows. This was such a fun-filled  workshop and I always learn something new.

Anita-QP-8-2023-scaled.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 9

10 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Nice such old photos Anja.

To give the fashion an extra look I guess it was in the fifties.

The big ribbon in your hair, the wood/string closure of your jacket, and the woolen pinalore (pinafore), probably home knitted. 

I had to translate the last one into English? 

I wore that too. 

mom was born 1944 , so I think you are right 

7 hours ago, MoniqueN. said:

With so many hobbies you just need a lot of space, sounds familiar??

I know what you mean.  You start doing one hobby and that leads to another hobby which leads to another one.  I started making glass beads, then I needed to use them, so I learned silversmithing.  then I needed to take pictures of them so back to photography....where I started out in high school (and I was a photo mini lab supervisor for years).  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anita Wyatt said:

Here is my QP-Day 8.  I looked at the QP Kits at Digital Scrapbooking and selected one called Love Birds from Gina Jones. Added other graphics from Creative Fabrica and my stash. The Font is Fadilla and I applied an Inner Bevel and drop shadows. This was such a fun-filled  workshop and I always learn something new.

Anita-QP-8-2023-scaled.jpg

This is so beautiful!

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

QP-6 EXTRA - FEEDING GIRAFFES. My visiting daughter, Debbie and her sister, Laurey, plus Laurey's daugher, Jackie, the zookeeper, went on a drive-through safari on Friday. It was at Animal Adventures, The Preserve, near Binghamton, NY. The font is Corlita Serif. The photo was taken by Laurey on her Galaxy mobile. (It takes superior photos!)

FEEDING GIRAFFES_600.jpg

OMG! Lucky you!

• Like 1

QP Extra Lesson 7

I didnt change anything on the page.  Photos of crazy sunsets taken from the windows (front or back) of my house in Chilliwack (British Columbia).  Being in the Fraser Valley, surrounded by mountains it was a treat to have days that there was a sunset.  Normally we'd have grey sky days.  Where I live now, there is less rain and sunsets almost everynight.  

Fonts: Magista Brush and Maxim from Creative Fabrica.  

QP-Extra7 A room with a view-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Quick Page Day8

Quick Page from Digital Scrapbook (Marisa Lerin - Tunisia Quick Page 01).

Photo is mine, very old...actually comes from a negative that is too old to reprint now. I scanned a smaller print (the one hanging up is 17x22 and would not fit the tiny old scanner I have)   version I have and it lost all detail in the shadows.  I chose this photo after I was looking for a Quick Page and saw right away, the color was perfect for that photo.  This the quickest Quick Page I've done to date.  

Fonts: Resnick and Reneo (Creative Fabrica).  

Thank you Carol, for a wonderful workshop.  I have enjoyed all the variety of layouts everyone produced. The active forum was fun and I looked forward to checking in to see the new pages and reading the comments.  

Quick Page Day 8-Blue Heron-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Got there eventually and decided to keep to the same colourful theme of street art. I have replicated some of their artwork and used the 'Art Group' Picture Tube for extra decoration.

It has been a fun workshop and has been good for practicing PSP with basic templates as well as good for the creativity. Thank you Carole and thank everyone in the forum for their ideas and comments. Now back to training for my hike!

QP-Extra7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 11

15 hours ago, Gerry Landreth said:

I had to tap Lynda to get her attention and maintain eye contact. In her last year, her eyesight was also failing. When she was a pup, she could hear a chip dropping from the other end of the house and be there to scarf it up before it hit the ground. In her elder years, it would drop; I would wake her up, lead her to the kitchen, and point. I was always rewarded for my effort with a big sloppy kiss.

I know, the bears are not proportionaly here but they are fat bears now and I've decided they may be, coz they fit/may be on the picture:)

5 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Got there eventually and decided to keep to the same colourful theme of street art. I have replicated some of their artwork and used the 'Art Group' Picture Tube for extra decoration.

It has been a fun workshop and has been good for practicing PSP with basic templates as well as good for the creativity. Thank you Carole and thank everyone in the forum for their ideas and comments. Now back to training for my hike!

QP-Extra7.jpg

When you see this project, at first it looks a bit busy, but I really love the colours, the different art photo's and the over all look of it!  Never thought so many colourful photo's together would look so nice!?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fiona cook said:

QP-Extra7.jpg

I agree with Anja.  I am quite captivated by this.  The art is amazing.

56 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Day 6.  The quick page extra always puzzled me as to what to do with it.  Guess I'm in a melancoly (can't spell it) phase, but Starry Starry Night just popped in my head when looking at it.  So here goes.  

QP 6 2023_600.jpg

QP Extra 6 2023_600.jpg

What a happy looking Lucy.  If ever a dog could laugh allowed, she would be it.  I love Van Gogh's work, esp Starry Night.  I couldnt bring up the song in my head so I looked it up.  It's really nice.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1