Calendar Workshop 2023

Cassel

Corrie: Glad to hear things went well! The hospital/clinic is renowned for being the worst place to get sleep. My husband was such a disruptor with his call button that the night nurse wheeled him out to her desk in a big reclining chair, gave him earplugs and a sleep mask and walked away! ;-) Hoping your progress from now on is smooth going.

Carole: You were right, the Perspective Tool did a Magical Job! I never used it before and actually had to hunt for it until I found it right there with the Straighten Tool. (DUH!)

I'm appending a screenshot of my June calendar with the corrected photo of the Supreme Court Justices, but my inner bevel tool is acting strangely. I copied the group and merged it so I could play with the edges and be able to change my mind later. It scatters little balls all over the photo when I try to apply it, no matter which style I choose.

Help!

Corrie: I'm glad to hear that things went well. Having had several joint replacements, including both hips, I can attest that the hospital is the last place to get much sleep. After my first replacement, a wise therapist told me that 80% of the healing takes about 2 months, and the rest takes about a year. She was right. At some point soon, you won't even notice the replacement.

Corrie, I am so happy to hear you are well. Recovery is usually a slow process and it is difficult to remain patient. Be patient, heal quickly and hang in there with rehab!

Dawn, good news. Best wishes as you continue your healthy journey!

Everyone, your creations are maginificent! I have not even begun but I am just about ready. The tournament I directed took all of my time...no time for play. I have just about completed my tasks and then I will be free!

I leave tomorrow for a week-long trip...see you when I return!

More beautiful pages... So many great ideas!

Here is my page for December... I will start working on the rest of the month's pages later.

Credits:

Background paper: Lilypad<prd_basicallykraft_pp_07 //  Image from anncapictures-Pixabay

Font: Soffia Slant  // Cluster: ps_marisa-lerin_205672_cluster-templates-kit-2-scrap-cluster-5_pu

I also changed the colors to fit the Christmas theme. This cluster was a good exercise for me to practice the string shadow. Hopefully, it's correct! :)

Get well soon Corrie. Wonderful that you felt like dropping in to the forum to see what's going on.

I didn't use a PSD cluster file but did not know how to use them until I watched the video so useful for future. Like Lynda, I thought a busy embellishment may be too much so I just added a little bit for December.

Carole's design with the coloured background to the dates and lines certainly does enhance the calendar on all our pages. Have to say that Ann's dome image for her October page gives me a sense of vertigo. a lot of depth.

Here's my Nov and Dec 2023

Here is my Calendar for March and as I love cats, I managed to insert a cat castle and paw into my theme. Katz (Cat) castle is located above the German town of St. Goarshausen along the River Rhine. There is also a Mouse Castle. The castle stands on a ledge looking downstream from the riverside at St. Goar.

It was first built around 1371 by Count William II of Katzenelnbogen. The castle was bombarded in 1806 by Napoleon and rebuilt in the late 19th century, in 1896–98. Katz Castle was used as bastion and military base to protect the Rheinfels Castle. (In German Rhine is Rhein). Together they formed a fortified bulwark with a barrier for levying of the Rhine toll

Fonts are Cat Paw (Creative Fabrica) and Georgia as in a smaller text size the font can be too busy. I used the brick texture for the background to look a bit like the stone castle. then used the blend mode "lighter". I alsoadded a darker background layer and played with that, but liked the lighter one better. Thank you Carole for the tips about the dropper and the texture tool.

Finished November and December. Now I'm working backwards to catch up because I decided to add all the family birthdays! (Plus, the Fourth of July, for the USA) Those names in a pale color are those of the current generations who have passed away. Fran is my late husband.

December background uses a paper from my big Iceland kit. Still having trouble applying a bevel to the group.

Hello Ann Seeber.. Thank you for your greeting #83410. In answer to your question, yes they are Rainbow Lorikeets and we have plenty of them in the area where we live here in Australia. they are really beautiful birds.

Corrie Thank you for your greeting #83463. I am hoping to continue to participate in the campus as I am able. So happy to hear your surgery went well  and  sending every best wish your way for your recovery process.

Carole Thank you for your kind words #83470  on my Jan and Feb calendar  pages. ..glad I settled on the idea to do them for our computers. my hubby is looking forward to having them on his computer screen next year.

Bonnie Thanks so much for your greeting. Hope you have an enjoyable trip.

Dawn.

have spent some time this morning looking over everyone's calendars and they are all looking just beautiful. so many different ideas and they all will make great calendars.

here is my March and April Computer Desktop Calendars. March photo is a sacred kingfisher  from pixabay.   for April my husband wanted  the fairy wren bird we have here in Australia that I painted some years ago when  learning to paint in oils.  in the coming months  will add all the special dates to these calendars before they get used for the computer screen

Dawn

Yowza!

I like seeing what everybody is doing!  Gerry, I like what you have done!

I used both methods to change the color of the dates and the lines. I didn't intend to do that, but PSP was giving me trouble when I tried to change the color of the lines, so I went to method #2. But it does look like my lines have disappeared! No, I don't like that, but I'm done for tonight....I think that happened when I resized, but I don't remember how to make it not happen....that was another workshop...

Ann (#83473), yes, I have used the perspective correction tool a few times and it can do wonders for images that are not straight. Good job. (#83500) Where do you want to add a bevel?

Bonnie (#83478), don't worry about the workshop now. You will have access to the lessons afterward.

Lynda (#83483), good choice about the clusters. It was only an option, and your background really embellishes your photos enough.

Cristina (#83488), nice to see the same cluster used with different colors. That is how one can customize!

Fiona (#83495), although you didn't use the cluster I used in the tutorial, you used other types of accents for your page. That is all you need to do: make it unique to YOUR project. You might find other projects to use the clusters.

Anita (#83497), that brick background is so appropriate for the castle theme!

AprilDawn (#83502), since the templates are not month-specific, you can use them as perpetual calendars and make more desktop images for 2022

Gerry (#83511), great way to use the supplies with a printing service.

Linda (#83514), is the layer still there for the lines? Is it possible that you used a stroke only (no fill) and the stroke width was set to 0? If so, that would make the lines "disappear" too.

Gerry, like the changes  you have made to the template  so it fits to what you need for the end result.

Carole,  probably will make a couple for this year after i finish the ones for 2023

here is my May desktop calendar for computer... The  Kookaburra photo is from pixabay.  We have these wonderful birds visit our yard nearly every day... once again  will add the special dates etc in coming months

best wishes  to everyone,

Dawn

Here is my April Calendar page showcasing the Fortress Marienberg in my hometown Wuerzburg, Germany.The Fortress is a prominent landmark on the left bank of the Main river in Würzburg, in the Franconia region of Bavaria, Germany. The mighty Fortress Marienberg is a symbol of Würzburg and served as a home of the local prince-bishops for nearly five centuries. The original castle on the Marienberg, a hill which was first settled in the late Bronze Age, was probably a small fort built early in the 8th century by the Franconian-Thuringian dukes.

Font I used for April and description is Andalucia (Creative Fabrica)and I used a glyph for the last letter in April. I picked one of the colors from the picture for the background and added the texture "small stones" small stones. Then I removed number 31 and the line from the calendar. Added a dark green color like the tree leaves to dates and lines. I did not change the font for the date and numbers this time, will try it next time.

Carole: See #84373 where I posted a screenshot of my bevel problem. I was successful with adding an inner bevel to my merged group until I was working on June to correct that photo. Here's August where you can see it worked quite well on Abraham Lincoln, so I was surprised when it threw what look like billiard balls into the center of my June group!

Linda Walker: I was adding family names on their birthdays to my calendars and when I resized the lines vanished! I think the templates have a Rectangular Selection to contain the lines which are a Vector. And I recalled they are prone to vanish on resizing and she advised us to duplicate that layer and to Rasterize it. I did that and the problem was solved. Hope this helps.