What are you working on (August 2022)?

Cassel

I am working on birthday cards for my grandsons. I used a "Happy Birthday" paper from Marisa Lerin and the license plate script from Cassel. The men in my family are all bowlers, so I made the bowling pins candles from scratch. Thomas will be 7 and Phillip 15. I am still working on the inside of the card. The post is of the back and front. It takes me forever since I can never make up my mind.

This isn't about any of the challenges or themes, it is just what I have been working on today.  I got some nice photos a couple of days ago and created this from some of them. The background is a corner of the pond that I shopped and played with with several effects etc and layers.  The actual insects were extracted from photos and then put on the page to look like they were on the reeds sticking out of the water. (a couple of them were actually on those reeds) I had a great time casually playing around with PSP today.

August: The month the Hibiscus ? is in bloom

A very heavy bee was zooming and couldn't nearby fly from his collected nectar.

I've used the boot camp advice, this time without looking in the cheat sheet.

As I live nearby the beaches were very windy when I take the picture.

So a matter of patience to wait on the right moment for not that windy and a landing bee in the hibiscus.

I put the camera on close-up. (just my cellphone)

I had just one difficulty; When I want to write text the vector swatch was not complete!!!

It was just in halve horizontal so I could change the vector layer. I have them floating.

Does anyone know about it?

That green decoration is homemade by me with the pen tool. My first one.

Lab 9 Mod 10 - Games, Games: Quatrefoil paper (made several - 2 are shown as background papers for Board Games and Video Games); staple back (I overlayed them with Filter Forge Brushed Metal - 'cause they're steel staples) - frankley, I would have preferred front of staples, but I followed directions!; Bingo card - winner in this game.  Overlay of the background paper is from Corel Video Studeo; Marios, minecraft figures are from Nice Png; the little boy playing video games and the scrabble board are from a png site, but I'm not sure which one; the board game "Game of Love", spinner, and tokens are my creation and from a previous Lab Module; the title "Board Games" is from PS - Elif Sahin; and the other titles are created from it; the stitching on the cream paper is from brushes from Carole; the Title are scrabble tiles I made in aprevious Lab module.  Background frame I created.  The card game is Bridge - my brother, my dad, and my husband - 1983.  They have all since passed away as has my mom; I'm lucky to have most of my children near  by.

Guest Guest

Here is the exercise Lab 5-9

I used diamonds instead of spots

cluster from Digitalscrapbook.com

all other my own productions :)

Thank you Ann for adding the focus stacking for everyone to see.  I've known about it for sometime as photographers use it because Tilt/Shift (aka Perspective Control) lenses are ridiculously priced ($2500 CAD the cheapest for my camera).  I've even done it, but had no skills to process it.  Corel's video sums it up well.  I would say a tripod and stationary subject is a must.

Here is my layout for module 7 Basic Scrap course.  I loved learning about the textures and used it on the title and the leaves as they looked like they were paper so I used an inner bevel and texture to make them seem like wood leaves.  I didnt use the warp brush because they look solid and wouldnt have the same kind of lift a real leaf would have.  I'm not great at adding clusters.  I can add a flower or button with a leaf for ribbon okay, but when it comes to clusters I think I make a "rat's nest" of it.  hahaha.  This was a really enjoyable module, I learned some new techniques I know I will continue to use.  All the papers and elements are Digital Scrapbook, the font for both the title and tags is Hoguin from Creative Fabrica.  The photo is mine from my flat-lay photo project.  The flowers came from the City of St. Albert, which I "borrow" when out for a walk with the hubby...shhh, don't tell; they looked like weeds I was only doing them a favor by helping with the weeding. The beautiful Cyan colored dish my husband remembers from his youth and came with his parents from Denmark.

Susan Ewart: Very nice layout. The "wood" leaves are interesting and effective. Pray tell, what is a "flat lay project?" Is it when you are looking down at a subject from above so there would be less dimension and/or shadows? I've never encountered that before. Ha! Something new every day around here. The one thing I lack is a decent camera. I use my iPhone XS which is more sophisticated than any camera I ever had before!

I just received the new PSP 2023 Ultimate version and was playing around with it to see how it works.  Glad to see its very similar to my last version 2018.  It's so addicting to start playing around and not wanting to stop, (What, I have to stop and cook dinner?  Seriously? )  Looking forward to participating in the "Campus" more often.  It's stimulating to see what everyone is up to and especially learning new tricks!  See ya real soon, Karen

I was working on this after a "photo-shoot" of my "Lonely S'hroom" in the mulch under my bird feeders yesterday. Then I watched Carole's Titles 3 webinar and got a little more creative with the title here. The font is Baby Olivia that was massaged and fondled until she cried "Enuf!" ;-) All the photos are mine with my iPhone mostly using Portrait settings except where I got down on my elbows for the side shot. (Ouch!) I assume this is a wild mushroom though I cannot actually ID it for sure. It was gone today after a big rainstorm last night, but two tiny babies popped up to stand guard over the area. I used a template labeled Sketch Template 05 in my collection. I created two patterns: one from the photo background of mulch and birdseed hulls that I used to fill the title font and another from the mushroom alone that I attacked with the kaleidoscope effect and filled the circular areas top right and left. The camera tag lower right is from a collection of Travel Tags we got from Cassel but I transformed it to a negative instead of color. I may use it again when I have my own photos to display.

EDIT: Had to correct the misplaced apostrophe in the title!

Wow!  Didn't make the class, but it looks like it was a lot of fun.  Liked your "Hello Chicago" Lynda and I'm headed your way the end of this month to see my cousin in Algonquin.  We visited Chicago several times on my trips there.

This is Lab 9 Mod 11.  Whew! Don't care for the kidnapped alpha even though it could be fun.  But this is what I came up with - not a photo but a composite of a picture of a house from the school kit, the fence I made for this mod, and a stand of sunflowers to put in front of it with a quote I like.  Also made a number of circle stitches after creating the line. The sunflower on top of the circle stitches are from a freebie from PS.  I did not do shadows - this is a poster!

Ann, you pretty much nailed it (flat lay photography).  It's a birds eye view. Often flat light and no shadows, although I have seen some with shadow that is really cool. You see it in advertising a lot.  I have gone back to my first love, photography and in the midst of selling my silversmithing tools so I can buy a newer camera.  I've had an SLR/dSLR since I was 18, I get how they work.  But a smart phone is an alien object to me.  My phone had this little symbol on it that looked like a snow flake so I thought sweet, it has air conditioning.  And the phone part didnt work...turned out it was some weird setting I accidently turned on and only priority calls would be allow through.  That's how bad I am.

I love your 'shrooms layout. Wasn't that a great master class.  And thank you for your comments on my layout.  I love the Basic course, these extra modules were so good.