What are you working on (August 2022)?

Cassel

Date-08-2022.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in August, be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save in jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.

if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).

if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!

if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better quality image than the resized image anyways.

Happy August! Here's a Big Cat Calendar featuring a Cougar for August 2022 that I created using photos from a calendar my daughter gave me for Christmas that was too small for my wall and a calendar template for 2022 that was provided here in the Campus last fall. Last month I uploaded a full size (8.5"x11") version in the "Files" area of our Facebook group. I print it out myself for my kitchen. Let me know if you want August and I will put this one up, also. Just click on my name under my photo here and send me a message. Enjoy!

My great-grandson Logan, who is 2-1/2, got his first haircut (that he finally sat still enough to accomplish it!) I heard the magic trick is to keep him busy eating!  Granddaughter Ilana (Mom) and (Dad) fiancé Maverick are thrilled he's clipped and snipped in time for their wedding on Sept. 9th.

I used the template I made for the "Friendship" bootcamp assignment, with some edits. I'm pleased that I made most of the elements myself. The top left cluster is just shapes that I colored and added a brad from Pixelscrapper. The bottom right one is a circle shape, colored and with texture and a frame added. The scissor and lock of hair are from Pngtree. I used cass-curved photo script on the certificate. The papers came from a mega kit called Cambodia from Marisa Lerin. I had fun playing with the colors in this one!

Before embarking on a new layout I just finished the BasicScrapCourse module 7. My Tribe by Marisa Lerin is the kit I used, but I had to find some greenery from my stock because the kit hadn't any. It was fun to do this 2 new modules, a great way to rehearse some techniques and learn a few new ones too.

I finally finished K is for Kitchen.  I know I'm way behind in the alphabet challenge as most are in O already.  I liked the circular word phrase from the previous lab module I did and so I used it here also.  The mit and hot pad are from Pixel Scrapper - Violet Insovna as are the "together" and the 2 buttons. The apron, bowl and spoons are picture tubes.  The stitched K is from Lab 6 mod 2 and the font used is Arial. The paper background is from my stash.

Ann and Corrie - beautiful layouts.

My cousin's son passed away July 18th and they had a private family scattering of the ashes on July 30th. Jasper loved being on the water in his boat, especially the Ohio River (they live in southeastern Ohio about an hour from the river) so they chose to scatter his ashes in water. My cousin sent me a photo of their boat trip for it.

I exclusively use digital store bought kits for all of my scrapping. I used a template from Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs (the-lilypad.com) called Star Spangled. I used a kit from Kristin Cronin-Barrow (www.sweetshoppedesigns.com) called A Forest Tale: Over the River.

I decided to try the 2 patterns from Lab 12 module 5. The photos are memories from 2004. Back then we had two adopted dogs, and we lived near a forest. That was a good time.

I used the template, and made the Random dot pattern, and Triangle pattern (4).

For the title I followed the instructions from the Basic Scrap Course 1, module 7, and made a gradient with the colors from the photos.

Marie-Claire, I love your layout too.  Great color scheme (complementary).

Rene, that is a beautiful memorial.  The journaling was touching given his love for water.

I just got an email that PSP 2023 is out and some exciting new features (focus stacking! I always wanted to try that) and the enhanced frame tool looks interesting.  I cant wait to hear your views on it Carole.

Susan, the journaling was actually from the obituary the family wrote up for him. I told my cousin it was "perfect".  For anybody that lived through the 60's and early 70's, this young man would have been right at home. He was a free spirit and will be missed by all who knew him.

I got a pop up in my windows notifications that PSP2023 was out. I've been expecting it this week. I hadn't looked into it yet though.