What are you working on (in May 2021)?

Cassel

Annie thank you. Praise coming from you means a lot to me and I confess it was a bit of a struggle to bring all these scripts together in 1 LO. I'm liking to be able to make my own supplies and not make do with what I have downloaded, although having said that I do like collecting stuff for future use when I come across something nice.....

I hear what you are saying Corrie. I have collected thousands and thousands of scrap kits, tubes etcetera over the years and the pity of it is that probably 95% of them will never get used. At least I have contributed to artists and supported the community in that way ... that's what I console myself with anyway, ;D

Ann, very nice plaid and layout. I love the corner punches.

Lynda, very interesting layout with buttons and the puzzle script; I like it... Congrats on creating your button script! ...I have thought of purchasing the PSP Script Course before, just to be learning something new, but I am always postponing... I will probably do this sometime this year.

Corrie, for sure, it was not easy to use so many goodies in one layout, but it came out great.  Cassel's script, tubes, etc., are a time saver for us; they are worth every penny.

I am still trying to catch up with the Lab tutorials. Here is the layout I created to practice the tutorials from the Lab10 Module 11 (Googly Eyes -- Monster Alpha -- Seeds Beads).

I didn't have any Halloween photos, so I adapted them to a Rock & Roll birthday party, with graffitis on the wall. Also, the photos were not of the best quality, so I added "Impasto Instant Effect."

I started with "Scrapping with Liz" Focal Point template3-9 and tweaked it to fulfill my needs.

Pixel Scrapper: Overlays by Sheila Reid Word Scramble and Distressed texture; Button by APennington-Snapshots.

Cassel's brushes stitch-feather and Scotch Tape tutorial,

Been playing with a mask, and a photo that I enlarged to 12x12 and applied various effects and then twirled. The original photo is in the mask in the center. It came from Facebook/The Hudson Valley in Pictures and the photog is Melina Cronin.

It's only the 8th, but I am already in pack down mode to make my yearly trek back to Maine.  Closing down two places is a bit daunting by myself as both have to be left hurricane ready.  This year I smartened up and hired some help to come in and do all the heavy lifting toward the end of the month, but I still have to do the cleaning out of refrigerators, freezers, porches, etc.  that kind of thing.  Can't even leave solar lights outside as they would be a quick missile through any window.  As the years go by, I THINK I am getting it down to a rhythm -- but I've also learned of many new resources this year that will gladly accept any surplus food items, clothing or even small appliances and furniture.  Seems with such a long term effect of Covid-19, there is need for a lot of things.  I am so happy to put them there!  They told me that one of their most requested food items was kid type cereal.  I guess I can make sure there are a few of those in there. :)  Even the post office has a huge drop box for any unopened foodstuff!  Still, there is work to be done and my playtime has been seriously cut.  All for a good reason though.  Maine, family and home await. :)  This project is kind of busy, but to tell you the truth after the very STILL past year and a half -  I CANNOT WAIT to be busy again.  I am used to a busy life and surroundings.  I am a go with the flow gal ... and that often means there wasn't anything penciled in ... just fly by night and get in the car and GO! As people are moving around more it seems so uplifting for the spirit!

Great work ladies.

Cristina, I sometimes use instant effects when creating frames, the impasto effect will be something quite different to use in a frame or border in conjunction with other effects. I must give it a try. I'm not a big fan of pic to painting. Beautiful work on your latest page. I love it.

Sue, my friend, thank you! <3

I thought of using the AI Powered-Instant Effect (former Pic-to-Painting) because of the not-so-good quality of the photos. It was a way of disguising it. I tried different effects until finally chose Impasto, but I lowered the strength because I still wanted the photos to be "recognizable."

I think it is a good resource, depending on the project.

I had so much fun just playing around the other day. First I created the splotchy page starting with a bunch of bright oil paint blotches on a blank page then smeared them all together.  Then I used a bunch of different effects to come up with some interesting things.  This one using the spiky halo found under distortion effects jumped and me and said to use it for my Mother's Day card.

Love, love, love the rope frames Minka. A lovely piece of work my friend. Hope you have a good trip back home. I think I would prefer Maine to Florida ... don't know why really except that it reminds me of England and Scotland fishing villages! Gives me a feeling of nostalgia ... this coming from a woman who lives in the sub-tropics ... go figure! ;D

I made this for Mother's Day and in memorie of my mom. I used a forget-me-not theme because this little flower is the symbol of the Alzheimers Association, at least over here. All the flowers you see are from Chantahlia Design. I made a bunch of flowers and a picture tube with them  The frame is a freebie from Carole which I gave a blue color to match my theme. I have the monogram characters are Voktoria Monogram and the font is Garamond.

I have had a play with the Art Media tool following Carole's webinar last Sunday. I used a free image of a Rose and painted. I drew out some leaves from A preset Shape 4YEOgarden-Lavender which I tweeked to make some pointed bits that Roses have, then coloured and used the shading technique to give a bit of depth.  I also used the  sharpen tool in places. Overall, I am pleased with how it turned out and is very relaxing to do. TFL.

Sheila

Acquired a rather nice photo of my granddaughter, the bride and her groom-to-be who are heading for a wedding on June 11. I made a mask for the photo, acquired the background and word art and ampersand from Marisa at Pixelscrappers and the lovebirds are from February's Valentine kits. The font on their names is Aviation Cocktail Aged.

First off I want to say I always look at all the posts and really enjoy them and the comments.  I just don't usually take the time to comment very often.  Every one of the projects this month (as usual) are lovely.  Here goes my once in a blue moon comments.  If I mistyped any names I am sorry.

Bonnie Ballentine The Florida page turned out nice. The bright flowers on the more quiet background was a nice way to show off your state’s beauty.                                                                                                                                     AnnieTobin Your Grab Bags are just darling. I may have to look for that script.                                                              Mary Sollas I like the way you put the pictures on the rope. The rest is well done also.                                                    Lynda DiGregor On your Mother’s day project I like the purple better, but maybe with the other paper so it is not quite all purple. --- I love your button puzzle, my eyes went crossed just thinking about trying to do that Jigsaw Puzzle, Oh my aching head                                                                                                                                                                               Ann Seeber I love your Wood Duck project. That background you created worked perfectly. What an interesting picture of your Granddaughter and future husband. The birds and hearts really set it off.                                                 Corrie Kindel I liked your Walk in the park project. A nice way to show off some of your new purchases. I like the way you used all soft colors your your Mother’s Day page. I can tell it was done with a lot of love.                                       Christina Your “You Rock” project really rocks. I really like it. You better save it for when that little girl becomes a big star.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Minka I liked your going home page. I hope the move goes smoothly this year.                                                                      Sheila Hogg Your rose turned out so pretty. I have been meaning to try that tracing thing, but have not yet. The leaves were a good touch.      Hmmm: I have no idea why things spread out in this way, it is not how I intended them to post. I guess I will have to try something different the next tiem.

I made this for purely personal reasons ... my niece's children haven't been to school in a year and a half.  They are depressed and anxious.  I can't help but think many children are in the same boat - not only school but the socialization school and school extra activities provide.    They are on overload with news accounts from the world, too.  So are we, but they are kids.  Little ones just starting out haven't even been to school.  It makes for loads of pressure on parents to keep their children focused and upbeat and at least a little JOYFUL!  Obviously we can't discount what is happening in the world, but we must remain vigilant as depression in kids is at an alarming high.