What are you working on (in July 2024)?

Cassel

12 hours ago, AprilDawn said:

i have been having a go at Digital Art painting in a free software called Krita and the Daisy/gerbra kind of flower is my first attempt.  i am hoping i will improve enough to do some more artwork this way for my card making. .. wasn't sure whether i should post this one, however my hubby thought it was good enough and encouraged me to post.  the frame is another parchment one purchased years ago and  have bevelled it  and used luminance legacy mode on the layer. sprigs and leaves are from a brush set  used in previous cards. blue flowers are from another purchased kit i also got a few years ago .... Best wishes to everyone... Dawn.

image.jpeg.64ce624c255e5ca8b510f4483a6e57b7.jpeg

Dawn this looks absolutely lovely and I would be very happy receiving such a card on my birthday! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, AprilDawn said:

i have been having a go at Digital Art painting in a free software called Krita and the Daisy/gerbra kind of flower is my first attempt.  i am hoping i will improve enough to do some more artwork this way for my card making. .. wasn't sure whether i should post this one, however my hubby thought it was good enough and encouraged me to post.  the frame is another parchment one purchased years ago and  have bevelled it  and used luminance legacy mode on the layer. sprigs and leaves are from a brush set  used in previous cards. blue flowers are from another purchased kit i also got a few years ago .... Best wishes to everyone... Dawn.

Thank your hubby for being the voice of reason...it's a good choice to post.  This is outstanding.  The flowers you made are beautiful.  If this is your first attempt I can imagine the heights you will go.  Isn't it great that you will be making your own elements that will make your beautiful cards that much more special and unique.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Corrie thanks so much for your kind words..... Susan Ewart.. thank you also for the comments you posted  about my card. years ago i did traditional  painting but had to give it away for health reasons.... but i have had the urge to try my hand  at digital art and it is a new learning experience.. hopefully  will be able to do more florals and  a few scenes. Thank you to all who have left hearts for my card  i appreciate it very much

best wishes

Dawn.

Edited by AprilDawn
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

I have combined two recent workshops: the Vector workshop and the latest Twine Time, to produce a birthday card for my niece.

I made the Picture Tube frame first as part of the workshop. Where the chain tube appeared underneath the lettering of Zuki I made selections of those parts, promoted to new layers and moved to above the 'ZUKI' text layer. (I suppose I could have made all those selections in one go, in shift and promoted as one layer but I didn't think to try in time). For the purple background I added Noise to the outside to contrast with the inside plain purple. Happy Birthday text is created on a vector path.

Zuki2024.jpg

• Love 11

17 minutes ago, fiona cook said:

I have combined two recent workshops: the Vector workshop and the latest Twine Time, to produce a birthday card for my niece.

I made the Picture Tube frame first as part of the workshop. Where the chain tube appeared underneath the lettering of Zuki I made selections of those parts, promoted to new layers and moved to above the 'ZUKI' text layer. (I suppose I could have made all those selections in one go, in shift and promoted as one layer but I didn't think to try in time). For the purple background I added Noise to the outside to contrast with the inside plain purple. Happy Birthday text is created on a vector path.

Zuki2024.jpg

Nicely done Fiona. I've been working on interlacing some tubes around a frame, but not happy with any results yet.

2 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Zuki2024.jpg

Woweee!  This is awesome!

2 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Zuki2024.jpg

Nicely done, the weaving of the chain looks very realistic!

My passion for perennials in the garden has faded (just going with what I already have), but I am finding tropical plants to be something fun. We have a garden centre not far from here that has been around for many years and specializes in cacti, succulents, and tropicals. Picked up this one (photo) which is just so eye-catching. It's a member of the turmeric/ginger family and therefore very tender in our climate. It will have to come indoors. I also have two orchids which require very little of me.

I tried (and tried) to work some picture tube around part of the frame, but I just don't have the hang of drawing the lines yet, and have a limited choice of tubes. The pen tool lines look too irregular and jerky, even when I try to adjust the nodes. I CAN, however, do the interlacing part. More practice is necessary. Sigh, it's always something....

2024 Jul project for fun_600.jpg

• Love 9

Time to get back to the labs - also I have the final layout to do for the Alphabet Challenge from 2022. Those blue water drops are there only because it is required for this lab module. But I guess they are ok. The fish going in opposite directions on the background paper are also required. I made 2 fringe mats and used this one cause I like it better. The other one I'm not showing because the fringe is large - kind of reminds me of the fleece pieces that were fringed - something the fabric shops were promoting several years ago. I might put a baby blanket pattern on it and use it for a baby layout sometime in the future. I used some elements from Pixel Scrapper and my own elements created in a previous lab for the cluster on the mat. Used one of the labels made in the vector workshop from last year for the title tag. The brad is from Pixel Scrapper also and probably Jessica Dunn.

Lab 12 Mod 8_600.jpg

• Love 10

9 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

Playing with make ropes and strings

The light blue one looks like it could be a directional tube. If you want, I can make a demonstration during the Q&A this Sunday about how to create those.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I played a bit with this prompt on Copilot Designer 

A gnome in cheerful colors, his eyes hidden under his pointed cap, wishes Michele, 'GET WELL SOON', beautiful flowers on a green meadow enliven the background, the sun shines in the cloudless sky , I used the german prompt, 

I added for the second one - Traumlandschaft in Stein - Pietra Dura Technik at the beginning of the prompt, 

_5e7c8fbf-0e8c-4665-af6b-c11592aff259.jpeg

_514279d1-f2e1-4c17-ae19-aac9c9ba5704.jpeg

• Love 8

I have also made some Seahorses with copilot, you all can copy the prompts and try yourselve, everytime another picture , 

Prompt -- a dream landscape made of wire in the aquarium. Algae zone, mussel bank, mud bottom. Seahorse, wire art, --

_4e3a3028-c5e1-49bb-8436-953666ba9ee4.jpeg

_4b22c362-8862-43ec-bd89-271652fc8622.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

The light blue one looks like it could be a directional tube. If you want, I can make a demonstration during the Q&A this Sunday about how to create those.

I would love a demonstration! They were all made with the directionaltube script.

• Like 1

Trying out Bing Copilot's Designer mode, I created a birthday card for my grandson-in-law, Corey, who is married to Jackie, my zookeeper granddaughter. Corey is into horticulture in a big way. His gift to the attendees at their wedding was a small succulent in a pot to take home. Sticking with Anja's gnome theme, my efforts created this. Prompt -- A steampunk gnome in cheerful colors, his eyes hidden under his pointed cap, wishes Corey, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY', the sun shines and there is an abundance of plants and flowers, signed Love, Nanny.

_89d3cef3-b6c1-4815-a759-e5056e017343.jpeg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Trying out Bing Copilot's Designer mode, I created a birthday card for my grandson-in-law, Corey, who is married to Jackie, my zookeeper granddaughter. Corey is into horticulture in a big way. His gift to the attendees at their wedding was a small succulent in a pot to take home. Sticking with Anja's gnome theme, my efforts created this. Prompt -- A steampunk gnome in cheerful colors, his eyes hidden under his pointed cap, wishes Corey, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY', the sun shines and there is an abundance of plants and flowers, signed Love, Nanny.

_89d3cef3-b6c1-4815-a759-e5056e017343.jpeg

This is cool.  I like reading the prompts, they are more interesting than the results.  You need to be good with words I can see.  I did find the Copilot Designer but see I need a MS account. 

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

This is cool.  I like reading the prompts, they are more interesting than the results.  You need to be good with words I can see.  I did find the Copilot Designer but see I need a MS account. 

Mine are a take-off from Anja, she seems to have a flair for them. Also, I don't think I have an MS account though I do use the Edge browser. And my OS is Win10. Mostly I use Google for gmail and stuff and MS Edge, Firefox and Duck Duck Go for browsing. I'm pleased with that birthday graphic for Corey. 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/4/2024 at 10:47 PM, Michele said:

(I was in the hospital with double pneumonia. I'm home now, but it's going to take a while to regain my stamina.)

Oh, Michele, I'm so sorry to hear that.  At the same time, I'm happy you're already at home recovering from it!  The layout is lovely, as is all your work.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery! 💟

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2024 at 4:35 AM, AprilDawn said:

I am happy you posted it, Dawn! The flowers look amazing. Great work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1