What are you working on (in July 2024)?

Cassel

Date-03-2024.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in July be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.

Posted (edited)

Here is my Wild Cat Calendar for July 2024. The month and year are in Babilonia font. Everything else is in Agency. Someone posted this story and two photos on my Facebook feed a few weeks ago. I have posted the larger version in the Files section at the top of our Scrapbooking with Paintshop Pro group there. 

JULY 2024 WILD CAT CALENDAR-lion foot massages_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

I got to playing with the USA States shared by Daniel Hess.  I did a bunch of stuff to it including adding Hawaii and Alaska at the bottom and then put it on top of an American flag.   Then I got it into my head to create a July 4 celebration using it.  The background paper is from Creative Fabrica  The text is Microsoft Himalaya from who knows where. 

fireworks w flag 2 AND TEXT  5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here is my Wild Cat Calendar for July 2024. The month and year are in Babilonia font. Everything else is in Agency. Someone posted this story and two photos on my Facebook feed a few weeks ago. I have posted the larger version in the Files section at the top of our Scrapbooking with Paintshop Pro group there. 

It looks like the lion is getting a foot TICKLE to me.  Another great calendar page as usual. I love seeing them each month.

Edited by Anne Lamp
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These are screenshots from an  Audubon Osprey cam.  The background I duplicated and blurred the top one and then erased the part over the Osprey.(I could have done a better job of that)  I then used the same circle to cut out the head shots from other screenshots so they would all be the same size and placed them all over the place. Font for name is French Script MT.

Dory shading chicks and watching with headshots   6.jpg

Edited by Anne Lamp
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

On 7/1/2024 at 1:33 PM, Ann Seeber said:

Who would have thought that lions like a foot massage!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

I'm still stuck on vectors which I find fascinating. My latest little creature is an owl. The patterns are from FF, the feathers around the face are a'dozi feather brushes. Feathers on body, chest and wings are from feathers from CF made into patterns. Eyes and feet are from Canva.

dsowl.jpg

originalowl.jpg

Donna you did a lot of work on this one, not only the vectors but especially the different patterns to "fill" your owl! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I revised an old pic I had made for Fab Divas for today's U.S. holiday. I'm still not up to starting anything from scratch. (I was in the hospital with double pneumonia. I'm home now, but it's going to take a while to regain my stamina.) The gnomes are from Design Bundles; I think you all know about my love of gnomes. The font is Patriot from Fontspace. I have no idea where I got the background.

large.Happy4thofJuly-msf2024600.jpg.e66aa0e204d3aad140cee0768f415a32.jpg

• Love 6

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I revised an old pic I had made for Fab Divas for today's U.S. holiday. I'm still not up to starting anything from scratch. (I was in the hospital with double pneumonia. I'm home now, but it's going to take a while to regain my stamina.) The gnomes are from Design Bundles; I think you all know about my love of gnomes. The font is Patriot from Fontspace. I have no idea where I got the background.

There they are - the July 4th gnomes! Glad to hear you're getting better Michele. I've heard about lots of pneumonia going around lately. Kinda scary.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

I just realized I spelled the state wrong! Good grief!

I wondered about that!

Don't feel bad, today I was downloading photos from my cousins FB account and for a certain event, I didn't want to download the photos I had already scrapped. So I was looking at the layouts I had already done and realized that I had the wrong name in the journaling! Thankfully, that layout hasn't been printed in a book for them yet but I had already printed my copy. I changed it and will get it reprinted for me.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Michele said:

Oh Michele, I'm sorry to here about your illness.  I hope you take it easy and get better soon.  The campus gnomes (us!) will be here when you are fit to go.  Hugs to you...around your shins...just like a good gnome would do!

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I wondered about that!

Don't feel bad, today I was downloading photos from my cousins FB account and for a certain event, I didn't want to download the photos I had already scrapped. So I was looking at the layouts I had already done and realized that I had the wrong name in the journaling! Thankfully, that layout hasn't been printed in a book for them yet but I had already printed my copy. I changed it and will get it reprinted for me.

And I bet you had looked at the layout (as you were doing it) lots of times and read it, but your eyes just fixed the spelling before it told the brain.  I've done that when it took someone else's eyes to see my mistake.  funny how you keep reading it the same over and over, even when it's wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

And I bet you had looked at the layout (as you were doing it) lots of times and read it, but your eyes just fixed the spelling before it told the brain.  I've done that when it took someone else's eyes to see my mistake.  funny how you keep reading it the same over and over, even when it's wrong.

So true, when I want to print an album or something for a special occasion I always ask my hubby to check it and almost always he finds something!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/4/2024 at 10:47 PM, Michele said:

Michele all the best and take good care of yourself; double pneumonia is not something to take lightly! We are here and love to see your work when you are up to it again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just discovered something. I was working in the vector workshop again and making elements.  I made a leaf which I may show later, it is where I discovered something.  When you create a vector shape and are using more than one shape, that vector shape when you bring it into a new layout has all the elements that made it up actually separate.  I had made a shield in the previous vector workshop that used 2 elements to make it.  When I use it, I can make each element a different color as shown in this screenshot. How neat is that???

2024-07-05.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I actually used the names of the 2 daughters of my cousin instead of the daughter and granddaughter. For years it was Allison and Ashley... now it is harder to remember Allison and Caroline! Because usually it is Luke and Caroline in the layouts (Allison's 2 kids)! And, Caroline is that age where she is looking so much like her Mom and Aunt Ashley since she is now a teenager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i have been having a go at Digital Art painting in a free software called Krita and the Daisy/gerbra kind of flower is my first attempt.  i am hoping i will improve enough to do some more artwork this way for my card making. .. wasn't sure whether i should post this one, however my hubby thought it was good enough and encouraged me to post.  the frame is another parchment one purchased years ago and  have bevelled it  and used luminance legacy mode on the layer. sprigs and leaves are from a brush set  used in previous cards. blue flowers are from another purchased kit i also got a few years ago .... Best wishes to everyone... Dawn.

image.jpeg.64ce624c255e5ca8b510f4483a6e57b7.jpeg

• WOW 1
  • Love 6

On 7/3/2024 at 9:13 PM, Donna Sillia said:

I'm still stuck on vectors which I find fascinating. My latest little creature is an owl. The patterns are from FF, the feathers around the face are a'dozi feather brushes. Feathers on body, chest and wings are from feathers from CF made into patterns. Eyes and feet are from Canva.

dsowl.jpg

originalowl.jpg

CUTE owl.