What are you working on (in May 2024)?

Cassel

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I think I'd love to move to Scotland too.

Me too, my dad's side of the family is Scottish.  I'm looking forward to hearing about their adventures there.  They bought a house in Nairn, close to Inverness (they will be having tea with Nessie).  The funny thing is my friend was born and grew up in the Okanagan (where I lived for a short time and we became best friends at 12 yrs old) where there is the Ogopogo, which is similar...or.....are they one in the same (insert eery music here)? 😨

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

That font really works here. I looked it up and places are charging for it. If you got it free from CF, that was a good score.

I have a subscription with CF, but it might have been one of their daily freebies at one time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Oh, I had to look that one up, and found this (sorry it's quite small)

th.jpeg

hahaha, that's him/her (I feel that it's a him).  There is a statue of it in City Park in Kelowna.  My bestie and I used to ride our bikes all over Kelowna and we always had a stop at City Park to practice gymnastics - we were 12. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Als Follow-up zum Layout auf Wonderful Wisteria I, ich habe gerade dieses Bild der größten Rebe der Welt posten. Die Leute dürfen es an einem Tag im Jahr sehen! Einfach toll! Diese EINE Pflanze umfasst einen Hektar Land.

Kein Layout, nur das Bild FYI. (Foto von Patrick Pelletier im Jahr 2016) Es gibt ein Video auf YouTube, das diese spektakuläre Pflanze zeigt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v-bxJcb-f45E

Sierra_Madre_Wistaria_Festival_600.jpg

Hi,

We also have a spot here with wisteria that was created 44 years ago, which I recently photographed in full bloom. Will post it here soon as a scrap with PSP. But the gardening begins...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Michele said:

I have a subscription with CF, but it might have been one of their daily freebies at one time.

I caved in and bought it, less than $2 Can so I figured I could afford it. Not a habit to pay for fonts, but I love the glyphs with this one.

• Like 1

here is my Wisteria-Photo, photographed Easter24.
Although I started it in PSP, I had to continue working in PI because,
1. The script "wolven ribbons" did not work as I read it translated in the TOU and the PDF tutorial.
2. I didn't find the option to minimize object transparency in PSP (for more precise erasing).

Can someone who has used the script before help me?

large.DS-Glyzinie_0524.jpg.42777785c53f330475b9ea3d44492a34.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

On 5/11/2024 at 10:37 PM, Julie Magerka said:

There's a black & white kitty she has drawn that I always assumed she based on Boo. That kitty turns up sometimes in a kit. He's adorable.

di hiller kitty.jpg

I'll check and see if I have this kit.

He really is adorable.   If I'm not mistaken,  she found him in the stable.   He was just a tiny, cute little thing. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/11/2024 at 5:24 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Oh my oh my!  Everyone has been busy creating fabulous pages, each and every one, positively unique, and inspiring. 

Last night's project. I'm getting later and later now as the days are getting longer, to settle down, sort through photos to document them.  Over the years I have come across many banded birds, the majority of them being  birds of prey.  This male Tree swallow is the first seasonal visitor Swallow I've had which is banded. 

I played with textures, overlays and blend modes. Chalk texture technique.  The ribbon and bow is bow 3 script using the grosgrain pattern technique, found in the creative scrap. 

Spring migratory bird season.jpg

Sue, this is simply beautiful. The way you used the bow is SO creative, and  I love it! The same goes for how you use the corner punches. You are sure an inspiration for us.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 5/12/2024 at 10:11 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I finally got some PSP time in.  Busy week and finally some down time.  And just in time for the Q&A.  I was driving home from grocery shopping this morning and a local Lube shop always has a funny quote on their sign and this was the one I saw today.  I had to keep repeating it over and over because I couldn't pull over on that road to write it down... and my pen was in my shopping bags way in the back. 

4 fonts used:

Mandala Vintage (for the womb and board)

Mansdefia (Mom)

Magestica (Thanks)

Marcgravia (Happy Mother's Day 2024)

Papers are by Gina Jones (Digital Scrapbook) Kumbaya papers

See you at the Q&A!  All the cool kids go there....I hear.

Thanks Mom 2024-600.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful layout, Susan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

Sue, this is simply beautiful. The way you used the bow is SO creative, and  I love it! The same goes for how you use the corner punches. You are sure an inspiration for us.

I always appreciate your kind words Cristina, and  others of course.  I find that cutting the papers  is much more appealing on circular photos than square/rectangle.  I think it may have something to do with with the smooth flow of circular shapes.  It also makes a welcome change from the traditional  framing.  Giving possibly a little  more depth to the page. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I downloaded  Carole's multi framed collage template.  I have never used a multi framed template, although I have seen several of them.  As I have said previously, I was hooked on this technique after  watching the photo split frame technique in the  creative scrap.  Since them I have created my own, using up to as many as 8 frames per image.

I blended two photos of the White crowned sparrow.  Created the Alpha, (can't remember what the tutorial is called)  burnt edge, which isn't really burnt as I used  green.  The background paper is an edited  favourite of many  the linoleum pattern.  I  don't see many using Carole's corner and paper punches.  I love them and use them a lot.  I used one of them on the  strip.  They are ever so versitle, quick and easy to use to add that extra  touch to any layout. 

Birds of the open field multi frame template.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

55 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I downloaded  Carole's multi framed collage template.  I have never used a multi framed template, although I have seen several of them.  As I have said previously, I was hooked on this technique after  watching the photo split frame technique in the  creative scrap.  Since them I have created my own, using up to as many as 8 frames per image.

I blended two photos of the White crowned sparrow.  Created the Alpha, (can't remember what the tutorial is called)  burnt edge, which isn't really burnt as I used  green.  The background paper is an edited  favourite of many linoleum pattern.  I  don't see many using Carole's corner and paper punches.  I love them and use them a lot.  I used one of them on the  strip.  They are ever so versitle, quick and easy to use to add that extra  touch to any layout. 

It's always great to see your take on layouts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I promised my granddaughter that I would make here a layout when I had overcome the jetlag and this is what I made for her. She loves plants, especially cacti and succulents, and she has quite a collection of them as mini plants. Besides that, green is her favorite color. I used the mask from Jessica Dunn for the May mask challenge on digital scrapbook and the papers (with blendmodes) and elements from cpjess Meadow bundle which I recently bought and some plant tubes. In the mean time I have transferred and ordered all my recent photos, so now I can start making a couple of layouts as intro pages for the photo album I'm going to make. Slowly I'm getting back into scrapping, it always takes some time to readjust to my normal routine at home.

Cactus-Lisanne-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

This is what I have been playing with off and on the last few day.  It is amazing what can be created from a regular pick with the kaleidoscope.  The center picks are some of the originals and most of the K. were created starting with them.  I do have all of them saved full size, so some of them may show up here and there.

playine with K 6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Here is a single one I really liked. I found that if I put the orbits at 0 and the scale factor almost all the way down in the negative range, I would have a chance of something like the rose showing up looking like the rose.

white rose square k 1 b     6.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

11 hours ago, Doska St. said:

here is my Wisteria-Photo, photographed Easter24.
Although I started it in PSP, I had to continue working in PI because,
1. The script "wolven ribbons" did not work as I read it translated in the TOU and the PDF tutorial.
2. I didn't find the option to minimize object transparency in PSP (for more precise erasing).

Can someone who has used the script before help me?

large.DS-Glyzinie_0524.jpg.42777785c53f330475b9ea3d44492a34.jpg

That is another very large wisteria!

6 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I blended two photos of the White crowned sparrow.  Created the Alpha, (can't remember what the tutorial is called)  burnt edge, which isn't really burnt as I used  green.  The background paper is an edited  favourite of many  the linoleum pattern.  I  don't see many using Carole's corner and paper punches.  I love them and use them a lot.  I used one of them on the  strip.  They are ever so versitle, quick and easy to use to add that extra  touch to any layout. 

You're right. I have some of those punches and don't seem to use them often. I think it's because you do and I don't like to be seen as "copying". Also, you just have a knack for using them so well. When I try to incorporate them, it somehow looks out of place.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Nothing fancy...using Carole's Multi-Frame Collage:

large.20121011Utahcass-MultiFramesCollage1-Sample600.jpg.45d15f2ff5552a58f4c2694b419c9118.jpg

My friend and basketball teammate, Pat and her husband, Frank in 2012. We often played a tournament in St. George, Utah and Pat had built a home there. One year I was invited to stay in her home. We went hiking after the basketball tournament and that's when these photos were taken.  Sadly, Frank has passed away. However, Pat is doing well. I think she sold the house. 

Edited by Bonnie Ballentine
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

Posted (edited)

I really like this template so I tried another:

large.2022517NationalSeniorGameFt.LauderdaleEastCoastBouncerscass-MultiFramesCollage1-Sample600.jpg.ec581fa88f266de11ed9a5d3794a9547.jpg

Pat and Frank's page above was from 2012. This one is from 2022. This is my current basketball team. Beth, the girl standing beside me, was pretty deep into dementia when this photo was taken. She is no longer able to play. In this layout, you are able to see only part of this huge sand sculpture. It was indoors at the convention center where we played basketball and pickleball. Most of the sports played in the Senior Games were represented. 

Edited by Bonnie Ballentine
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

large.2006106HuntsmanWorldSeniorGamescass-FramedMask-Template1600.jpg.17ee1e02ddf940db471ae4c106fe78fe.jpg

My friend and teammate, Lily. This photo is from 2006. Lily is an amazing person with an amazing story. She came to the US alone when she was 18. Enrolled at the University of Maryland, met her husband and became a pharamacist. She is fast as greased lightning and can shoot a basketball like no one else...remember we were playing senior basketball...age 50+.

• Love 8

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

You're right. I have some of those punches and don't seem to use them often. I think it's because you do and I don't like to be seen as "copying". Also, you just have a knack for using them so well. When I try to incorporate them, it somehow looks out of place.

Not at all Julie!  I feel the main goal on here is to influence, motivate, stir up ideas, that we may not have thought of  through each  other.   Feel free to copy, it can be a starting  point, until your own style kicks in, which then makes it your own. I'd say that  Carole's punches would look fantasitc in your delicate  layouts.   

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

It's always great to see your take on layouts!

Perhaps I have given you some ideas for your own layouts. I know I will look at a layout and think  ah, I like that, why didn't I think of it. 

• Like 5