What are you working on (in February 2024)?

Cassel

Date-02-2024.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in February be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.

Here's my Wild Cat Calendar for February, 2024, featuring the Flat-Headed Cat. Similar to the Fisher Cat in habits as he swims and eats fish and other aquatic animals. I will post this full size on Facebook so you can print it out @ 11" x 8.5" if you wish. 

FEBRUARY 2024 WILD CAT CALENDAR-FLAT HEADED CAT_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 8

I spent the month of January participating in the Month of Challenges at The Lily Pad. 31 challenges in 31 days. Even with 4 days away from the computer I was able to get them all done. One of the designers graciously provides a free template to showcase all of the layouts. I finished that today using a kit by Bella Gypsy. Also, all layouts must have only product currently on sale at the store or retired products by the current designers.

Some challenges were a real challenge! Some challenges were easy because of things I've learned here at Scrapbook Campus (hello Mask Workshop). And some were full of ideas to use in future layouts.

2024 MOC Collage.jpg

• WOW 4
  • Love 6

12 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I spent the month of January participating in the Month of Challenges at The Lily Pad. 31 challenges in 31 days. Even with 4 days away from the computer I was able to get them all done. One of the designers graciously provides a free template to showcase all of the layouts. I finished that today using a kit by Bella Gypsy. Also, all layouts must have only product currently on sale at the store or retired products by the current designers.

Some challenges were a real challenge! Some challenges were easy because of things I've learned here at Scrapbook Campus (hello Mask Workshop). And some were full of ideas to use in future layouts.

2024 MOC Collage.jpg

Rene that must have been a lot of work, every day for a whole month but nice to be able to have them all done and very satisfying too. They look great on this "presentation board".

• Like 4

Lab 12 Mod 1. Requirements: Scallops 2: saved it as a pspimage for the pattern and then made the background paper from it. Colored Tape: it’s holding down the tape I created sometime ago; Hand drawn frame: Well I did make it but did not distress it; I made it as if it was a regular photo frame and even shadowed it on the inside as if it was thick and made a mat for the photo.  I made the little circle paper in the bottom right corner and placed the spaceman sticker and the 3 journal stickers on the side and made the Space Camp sticker at the bottom.  I used “Polar Cordinates” Distortion Effects on my star ribbon to outline the paper. The spaceman and the 3 journal stickers are from Pixel Scrapper – Sheila Reid. The Alphabet is one of a set I made in a Lab. The font used in the title is Segoe UI Black. The star scatter is also from Sheila Reid.

Lab 12 Mod 1_600.jpg

Edited by Mary Solaas
  • Love 7

• Cassel pinned this topic
On 2/1/2024 at 6:58 PM, Rene Marker said:

2024 MOC Collage.jpg

Wow, Rene, this was really a challenge, and what an accomplishment to create all those layouts.

The template of this 2021 Year in Review layout was a cass-freebie from 2022 Jan... I decided to do a double page, but I will still choose the last three spots on the right side... It takes longer to decide on which photos I want to use than anything else... The square was not big, and I still managed to fit 4 photos inside! ... I am late, but I don't give up. lol

2021 Year In Review_left600.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Here's a little something I did for my great-grand Logan who is 3 years old today. He also just acquired a little baby brother, Jonah. They are the children of my granddaughter Ilana and her husband Maverick. She is the daughter of my daughter Laurey. They all live nearby in the Tri-States area (NY-NJ-PA)

LOGAN IS 3 - FEB 2024_600.jpg

• Love 5

On 2/1/2024 at 9:58 AM, Rene Marker said:

2024 MOC Collage.jpg

That is a monumental achievement Rene.  It looks wonderful.  And that template is really nice.  Did you do the alpha as well, or was it part of the template?  It's very nicely done with the clusters.

This is like a contact sheet of a group of layouts, a person could do that for all their layouts or themed layouts.  I was thinking of posting a 13 layout wrap up every 13 weeks for the P52 challenge.  I had envisioned doing 12 layouts around/beside/under/over (in other words, where ever) the 13th layout which would be, maybe, the favorite of the first 13 with a little title on it.  this idea has never made it past a passing thought stage, but this layout is motivating me to consider it.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

That is a monumental achievement Rene.  It looks wonderful.  And that template is really nice.  Did you do the alpha as well, or was it part of the template?  It's very nicely done with the clusters.

This is like a contact sheet of a group of layouts, a person could do that for all their layouts or themed layouts.  I was thinking of posting a 13 layout wrap up every 13 weeks for the P52 challenge.  I had envisioned doing 12 layouts around/beside/under/over (in other words, where ever) the 13th layout which would be, maybe, the favorite of the first 13 with a little title on it.  this idea has never made it past a passing thought stage, but this layout is motivating me to consider it.  

Fiddle-Dee-Dee has done this collage template for several of the MOC challenges in past years. They are always free. I've used one of them to make a collage for my Document Your December layouts (31 layouts for the month of December) and for last year's October Daily layouts. She includes the letters and numbers on the template but I don't like the font that she uses because of the number 2. So I actually used the alpha that came with the kit I used and placed it where those spots were on the template.

Here is the collage for the 2023 MOC. On this one I used the lettering she had on the template.

2023 MOC 11 collage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Fiddle-Dee-Dee has done this collage template for several of the MOC challenges in past years. They are always free. I've used one of them to make a collage for my Document Your December layouts (31 layouts for the month of December) and for last year's October Daily layouts. She includes the letters and numbers on the template but I don't like the font that she uses because of the number 2. So I actually used the alpha that came with the kit I used and placed it where those spots were on the template.

Here is the collage for the 2023 MOC. On this one I used the lettering she had on the template.

2023 MOC 11 collage.jpg

I really like the look of them.  This could be fun.  I just bought the script Mosaic Maker and I think it would make similar type layouts.  I'm inspired to play with it.  

• Like 2

Hi Carole and campus members,

I will be taking up more of my PSP training with you again. I'm totally frustrated with the hazing curriculum in two! German forums. I want to learn something AND have fun with it and not have an unpleasant feeling when I log in whether I have misspelled a copyright or placed it on the graphic. It was hardly about graphical errors, only about the legally correct placement of the copyright of the material. Really exaggerated.

So I only make individual scraps when I get the chance (i.e. I don't make albums) and I'm only part of the challenges in the digital scrapbook forum and with you. In the last German PSP forum I have left, I only make frames around my own photos (credits!) I actually only want to learn PSP for scraps, frames and image manipulation, I'm no longer interested in animations and sign tags.

Here my last frame and a scrap for a color challenge in DS from a small, gifted painting from a regional painter. Next I'll take a look at the button video, I also have photos to go with it. WITH FUN!

spacer.png

DS-Veilchen_0923.jpg

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 9

Doska, your frames are outstanding.  I look forward to seeing more of your postings here in the forum.  How sad that in your other forums they are so focused on little details and seems they've totally forgotten about the art that is being created.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Possibly this: but I thought there was a different (more modern) name for it.  (the bold part below wasnt me, it was from google, it's like it's yelling at us).

What are the characteristics of cloisonnism?

(from Fr., cloison: 'partition'). Style of painting associated with some of the painters who worked at Pont-Aven at Brittany in the 1880s and 1890s, characterized by dark outlines enclosing areas of bright, flat colour, in the manner of stained glass or cloisonné enamel.

Or possibly this one?
Toon style, also known as cartoon style, is one of the oldest and most recognizable comic book art styles. It is characterized by exaggerated, simplified, and often caricatured characters with bold outlines and vibrant colors. 

Or
Pop Art often features hard, defined edges and thick outlines, which can be achieved using stencils or masking techniques. These edges give the paintings a graphic quality, emphasizing the flatness of the image.
Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

It was a beautiful day yesterday and I was out taking pictures.  This was created from one of them.

pinecone framed w text 600.jpg

Anne did you make a typo with comon or is this a normal word for a type of pinecone? Sometimes I encounter here words that I have never heard of, so I'm not sure...

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • WOW 1

I have been playing with the Pencil Sketch 2 script which I won last Sunday and this is one of the images I created. I used this month's Lab to make the dots and an edge punch just for fun. The font is Fadilla.

When using the pencil sketch I find that it gives the best result with images that have very defined edges with colors that are not too light. Here I decided to give some of the flowers a  little bit of color. 

PencilSketch with dots-1-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I have been playing with the Pencil Sketch 2 script which I won last Sunday and this is one of the images I created. I used this month's Lab to make the dots and an edge punch just for fun. The font is Fadilla.

When using the pencil sketch I find that it gives the best result with images that have very defined edges with colors that are not too light. Here I decided to give some of the flowers a  little bit of color. 

Thank you for the tips.  I had planned on playing with the script tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

Easter, 2023. My niece and my nephew's soon to be fiancee. We usually have a craft for special occasions.

large.202349EasterCraftTemplate-4-lady22600.jpg.fe74364ba19a69a68a1c364a970c558f.jpg

Template 4 by Lady 22.

Cute young ladies and smile... I love the quote, too, Bonnie!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I absolutely adore this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Anne did you make a typo with comon or is this a normal word for a type of pinecone? Sometimes I encounter here words that I have never heard of, so I'm not sure...

OOPS.  All that work and I forgot one M.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I am bad as spelling but this one was just a typo.

• Like 1