Template Workshop 2024

Cassel

TemplateWorkshop-600-400x239.jpg

A new workshop will soon start. Are you in?

It will start on January 15th.

This workshop is FREE for everyone, so spread the word.

This workshop is meant for beginners and advanced users alike. Beginners will find a simple way to get started to create their scrapbook projects. Advanced users will find that templates can spark your inspiration and help you complete projects on a deadline.

Did you find this thread before the registration page? Here it is.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I'm in! Looking forward to something new. Thanks, Carole!

It should be the same as 2 years ago, although I am making the handouts for the DIAMOND members.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to this workshop.  There is always something to learn or re-learn and I look forward to what folks are going to share as well.  I have seen some pretty nice things in other workshops that I have been involved in.

Thank you, Carole, for making this available.

• Like 1

I signed up thinking I would have the week free to work on it. But, everything changed. I will be away from my computer from Wednesday until Sunday. I've taken it before so I'm not worried (and I've been using templates for 15 years anyways). I'll review stuff later on but won't be posting any layouts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Notes on Template 1 exercise

I recently showed my wife the flower (actually, it was on my desktop after downloading, and she noticed it) and she liked it, so with Valentine's Day on the horizon, I decided to try to incorporate it into the workshop.

1. Radagund font available at https://www.dafont.com/radagund.font

2. Flower was from Creative Fabrica.

3. I wanted a red background for the flower so just did the selection and filled with red, then used the flower on top of that. As I sized the image down, I ended up with parts of the flowers extending beyond the circle and liked that so left it that way.

4. I wanted the hearts on the paper on the left to be red so I used the color changer tool.

5. I also wanted the lines in the layer over the top of the background layer to be red so I used the color changer tool to do that also.

6. Since the red circle and the flower were both separate layers, I added a drop shadow for each.

TEMPLATGE 1 EXERCISE 600.jpg

Edited by Randy
  • Like 5
  • Love 11

12 minutes ago, Randy said:

Notes on Template 1 exercise

I recently showed my wife the flower (actually, it was on my desktop after downloading, and she noticed it) and she liked it, so with Valentine's Day on the horizon, I decided to try to incorporate it into the workshop.

1. Radagund font available at https://www.dafont.com/radagund.font

2. Flower was from Creative Fabrica.

3. I wanted a red background for the flower so just did the selection and filled with red, then used the flower on top of that. As I sized the image down, I ended up with parts of the flowers extending beyond the circle and liked that so left it that way.

4. I wanted the hearts on the paper on the left to be red so I used the color changer tool.

5. I also wanted the lines in the layer over the top of the background layer to be red so I used the color changer tool to do that also.

6. Since the red circle and the flower were both separate layers, I added a drop shadow for each.

TEMPLATGE 1 EXERCISE 600.jpg

• Love 1