December Theme Challenge - CHRISTMAS

Cassel

5 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

What changes he must've lived through.

Susan, you hit the nail on the head. He was constantly in awe of the changes, especially after WWII. He was very excited about our walk on the moon, etc. ❤️ Having a nostalgia moment here. He's been gone over 40 years now but will always be alive in my heart. 😢

FATHER'S DAY 2023-HAROLD TERWILLIGER_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

9 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Susan, you hit the nail on the head. He was constantly in awe of the changes, especially after WWII. He was very excited about our walk on the moon, etc. ❤️ Having a nostalgia moment here. He's been gone over 40 years now but will always be alive in my heart. 😢

FATHER'S DAY 2023-HAROLD TERWILLIGER_600.jpg

Beautiful words Ann.  I love that 1910 photo.  A handsome young man just starting out in life (18 yrs old?).

I was really lazy this year and most of my graphics and the font are from Creative Fabrica. The photo collage is from a free download, but I removed the background and moved it to my card. The card was made for my grandkids and their girlfriends who live in Las Vegas. I know it's pretty busy, but I have trouble restraining myself. The font is a glyph font called Helo Angel from Creative Fabrica. The gold snowflakes are also from a free template. This card is the front and needs to folded in half. Original is letter size to fit my card paper.

dsChristmasforLVfamily.jpg

Edited by Donna Sillia
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Not sure where to put this.  It is Christmas related.  At least I put some lipstick on!  Even thought I never wear makeup; today was special and just for you all.  This is exactly what I look like (NOT).  

Yikes on the GrumpyFingers part.  Makes a perfect excuse..."I'm sorry, I can't come to work today, my fingers are feeling grumpy". 😋

My Elf Name 2023.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Not sure where to put this.  It is Christmas related.  At least I put some lipstick on!  Even thought I never wear makeup; today was special and just for you all.  This is exactly what I look like (NOT).  

Yikes on the GrumpyFingers part.  Makes a perfect excuse..."I'm sorry, I can't come to work today, my fingers are feeling grumpy". 😋

My Elf Name 2023.jpg

Lookin' good girlie!

Moving on from bumbershoots and old folks....🙃

Not only do I feed peanuts and seeds to the critters in the backyard, but sometimes I watch their behaviours and silly antics. This particular girl (my photo) savours every peanut she gets, leans way back to eat it, and sometimes falls right over! It looks like she's in raptures with her treats.

2023 Dec layout funny squirrel_600.jpg

• Love 7

5 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Not only do I feed peanuts and seeds to the critters in the backyard, but sometimes I watch their behaviours and silly antics. This particular girl (my photo) savours every peanut she gets, leans way back to eat it, and sometimes falls right over! It looks like she's in raptures with her treats.

OMG!  This is precious.  Fabulous shot, you can see how she savors it.  It must be quite funny when she falls over. It is fun to watch all the antics out my dining room window too.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

All you pages are so delicate and your photo is great! I would love to see her fall backwards, that must be funny to watch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another layout. I saw something like this in the background on a TV show.  I like that I can try to replicate something, even if it doesn't turn out the way I imagined.

The cutout circle background gave me so much trouble, don't know why. I wanted to give it more depth but just couldn't add a bevel or any other 3D effect to it. The file seemed to be so slow to load and save, just glitchy I guess.

It's created as a .png but had to also save as .jpg to use here. Have no idea what I'd use it for, but enjoyed doing it.

round merry christmas element_600.jpg

• Love 10

Wasn't sure if I would do something for this, but I got to playing this morning with that BAS Globe that was offered somewhere here last Christmas or the Christmas before.  I made it a mask and then came up with this.  Working with the magic wand wasn't cooperating at first, not sure why, but I extracted the shape of the placque and then filled it with a color similar to the placque background; used Arial Bold for the text and then effects>cutout with a fill color of yellow, and this is what I came up with (also changed the background color from red since it wouldn't go with this picture.  The picture is of the manger scene at our church.

Oh Holy Night.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 10

Oh What fun it is to..... build a puzzle (you thought I was going to say, "a one horse open sleigh", didn't you?).  Here's my puzzle.  With help from the the husband-elf over my shoulder - I think he had more fun.  Math lesson: if two people took 8 minutes then it really is 16 minutes.  I'm slow, but it was fun to do.  (Note: the puzzle is greyed out because of the time clock pop up).

Countdown puzzle.JPG

Edited by Susan Ewart
missing words
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • WOW 1
  • Love 1

I'm so sorry ladies... mine was around 4:40.

But then I do jigsaw puzzles all the time. I have an app on my tablet for jigsaw puzzles and I try to do one every day. And, I do 500 piece puzzles during the holidays to help combat my seasonal depression. I just finished my 13th one since November 21.

• Like 2
  • WOW 1

1 hour ago, Rene Marker said:

I'm so sorry ladies... mine was around 4:40.

But then I do jigsaw puzzles all the time. I have an app on my tablet for jigsaw puzzles and I try to do one every day. And, I do 500 piece puzzles during the holidays to help combat my seasonal depression. I just finished my 13th one since November 21.

Don't be sorry, that's really impressive.  I don't do puzzles, except the campus ones when they come along, it's to be expected that I am slower.  I'd love to hear other peoples time too, it's fun to play and exciting to see faster and faster times.

6 hours ago, Michele said:

2:27 ~ I used to do jigsaws every day, but I stopped several years ago. The best thing to do is to click on borders. Once those are done, it's much easier to figure out the rest of the pieces.

jigsaw.jpg

Awesome!  I would love to see you in action.  Sadly, I did start with corners and edges.  😨.  I did see you could drag your own photo there to make a jigsaw puzzle.  I might try that.  Maybe they have 4 piece option for me.  Then i can start and end with corners.

• Haha 4
  • Love 1