What are you working on (in November 2023)?

Cassel

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

And another

DaddyAndMe-5-600.jpg

And the text:

I like to climb in the park.
Daddy shows me
how to keep my balance,
and how to go higher
without being scared.

Maybe... someday... I will be...

a construction worker.

Excelent pictures and a fine, good texts added to them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Your book is fantastic and it will look so cool when printed. It will be hard to equal this gift and I hope your son-in-law will appreciate it and love it because it holds all those memories to cherish for a very long time. I'll try to remember the idea of using a watercolor background in a photo album for my own future albums!

• Love 3

On 11/29/2023 at 2:55 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Your book is fantastic and it will look so cool when printed. It will be hard to equal this gift and I hope your son-in-law will appreciate it and love it because it holds all those memories to cherish for a very long time. I'll try to remember the idea of using a watercolor background in a photo album for my own future albums!

I think that technique was just in the Campus update with the link to the blog post tutorial.  I wanted to remember and downloaded it.  Once I get Christmas put out I can get to fun stuff.  I wish I had an instant just-add-water and *POOF* Christmas is all over the house, seed.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

All the days get blurred in my head at times! It is a good thing I have specific things to do on specific days to help me remember what day we are!

You are singing the song of my people.  Even with specific things to do on specific days it all blurs together.  Especially if I do something not normal on a certain day, like working on a Thursday (my day off)...I tend to think the next day is Saturday and almost forget to go to work (because it's actually Friday).    

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Now that the Travel Tale is finished, off to the printer, on its way to my home, I am playing again.  Decided to look at that 3 transparent frames with varying opacity.  This is what I came up with, but it isn't what I saw (think I saw???)

MLS Attempt at 3 transparent frames various density-2.jpg

Carole has transparent frames script.  I replicated one of them, it's below.  The only other  thing I can think of is using the adjustment layers. 

paint frames king bird.jpg

• Love 6

@Sue Thomas Yes, I know about the transparent ribbon frame script, and I can duplicate that (takes time); however, what I saw was not that, it was like using the transparent picture frame, but it is not that either. So the closest to what I remember (or dreamed) was what I pictured above. I used separate layers for each frame; used the selection tool set to rectangle, then selection>modify>selection borders (I believe I set it to 35).  What I remembered was the different opacity for each frame, and so I did that on each layer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

@Sue Thomas Yes, I know about the transparent ribbon frame script, and I can duplicate that (takes time); however, what I saw was not that, it was like using the transparent picture frame, but it is not that either. So the closest to what I remember (or dreamed) was what I pictured above. I used separate layers for each frame; used the selection tool set to rectangle, then selection>modify>selection borders (I believe I set it to 35).  What I remembered was the different opacity for each frame, and so I did that on each layer.

I'm sorry, but I'm at a loss.  The only other thing I can think of  is creating and using a frame or frames in a mask, where the opacity of those frames will be sporadic throughout the mask. Or using a vector shape to create a frame, using from vector shape, go to the photo layer promote to a new layer, and  change the brightness and contrast of that layer.  You now have me baffled!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sue Thomas said:

I'm sorry, but I'm at a loss.  The only other thing I can think of  is creating and using a frame or frames in a mask, where the opacity of those frames will be sporadic throughout the mask. Or using a vector shape to create a frame, using from vector shape, go to the photo layer promote to a new layer, and  change the brightness and contrast of that layer.  You now have me baffled!

Well, the next thing I did this morning was to take the top of the November Calendar and copy it and change the copy to a square and then use it as a mask and this is what I came up with.

MLS-Sq-Mask-Multiple-shadow-frames_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

On 11/1/2023 at 4:08 PM, Mary Solaas said:

My mojo has escaped again and so I've been playing around,  This summer I took a snapshot of a wall covering that I thought would make a good background.  This morning I took a square of it and make it a pattern.  Then I worked on the pattern and made it an overlay and reduced the opacity to 50% and then made a copy of it and put it in my Textures file.  Then I made a paper of blue color and used effects>texture effects and this is what I came up with.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Mary,  Beautiful!

How did you line up all those lines & squares?  I do this and the lines both vertical and horizontal show distinct edges.

And then I might as well ask, what November Calendar? Where did you get it?

Edited by Suzy

1 minute ago, Suzy said:

Mary,  Beautiful!

How did you line up all those lines & squares?  I do this and the lines both vertical and horizontal show distinct edges.

I guess you are referring to the square mask I made from the top of the November calendar.  I worked with the group as a whole to change the vertical to a square.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzy said:

Mary,  Beautiful!

And then I might as well ask, what November Calendar? Where did you get it?

Suzy, it's in the Calendar Workshop.  Look in the Workshops (you are a Diamond member right?) and find the Calendar WS.  I think it's day 6.