What are you working on (in November 2023)?

Cassel

Date-11-2023.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in November be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it (if you are creating a double page, you can resize it to 1000 pixels in width if you don't want to post the pages separately).

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyway).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyway.

Happy November. Here's my new November Wildcat Calendar featuring Cheetahs from Cheetah Conservation Botswana. I print out the full size for my refrigerator door each month. I have it posted on our Facebook group. The calendar is a template from Cassel.

2023 NOVEMBER WILDCAT CALENDAR-CHEETAH CONSERVATION-BOTSWANA_1200.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Yes, Happy November, weathers permitting! UK due for a winter storm soon so battening down the hatches! I have just read the Campus newsletter 31 October and was interested in the Colour Replacer article so had a quick go with a photo that I took on holiday that originally I had intended to make into a silhouette. I turned the colour photo into black and white in Effects/ Photo Effects and then applied the Colour Replacer using the dropper tool to source the colours I wanted to change. Just a bit of fun but it opens up more creative possibilities.

Olu_ColourReplacer.jpg

Olu_orig.jpg

• Like 12

My mojo has escaped again and so I've been playing around,  This summer I took a snapshot of a wall covering that I thought would make a good background.  This morning I took a square of it and make it a pattern.  Then I worked on the pattern and made it an overlay and reduced the opacity to 50% and then made a copy of it and put it in my Textures file.  Then I made a paper of blue color and used effects>texture effects and this is what I came up with.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 3

57 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

My mojo has escaped again and so I've been playing around,  This summer I took a snapshot of a wall covering that I thought would make a good background.  This morning I took a square of it and make it a pattern.  Then I worked on the pattern and made it an overlay and reduced the opacity to 50% and then made a copy of it and put it in my Textures file.  Then I made a paper of blue color and used effects>texture effects and this is what I came up with.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Are you totally done with your Travel project? That was a big undertaking!

• Like 1

• Cassel pinned this topic

I was practicing adding text. I got the poem from an internet site where people can submit their poems. There was no name added and it also doesn't mention that you can't post it anywhere. Only it stated that you are not allowed to publish it under your own name. I  just thought it was a beautiful poem. de Font is Agency FB. I don't remember where I got the pumpkin.

a feather.jpg

• Like 10

November to me is always about Remembrance, especially during the first half of the month. I have done a lot of research into WWI and WWII service people from my hometown area in order to write biographies of them for the Legion. The more I learn, the more humbled I am.

This is my FB cover page for this month. I make one every month...since I can...thanks to this group and Carole!

23 Rem Day FB cover.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

Just now, Julie Magerka said:

November to me is always about Remembrance, especially during the first half of the month. I have done a lot of research into WWI and WWII service people from my hometown area in order to write biographies of them for the Legion. The more I learn, the more humble I am.

This is my FB cover page for this month. I make one every month...since I can...thanks to this group and Carole!

23 Rem Day FB cover.jpg

Your  style resonates  through in this page. It's  positively  ethereal. ( beautiful, delicate,  exquisite). Lest we forget!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After looking at Carole's latest script, I  had to see if I could replicate it.  This is my test  interpretation.  I used a new mask layer, hide all.  Brushes,  Fonts, from vector shape, select selection borders.  I must admit I do like this effect, another way to showcase my photos.  The photo fills the  whole page. Perhaps this wasn't the best photo to use as an experimental page, as the background of the photo gets rather dark.  But I get the gist on how to  create this effect.  One of my resident Great Horned Owls.  I'm going to put the script on my wish list, as I'm sure it will take a fraction of the time it took me to create the page below. Still, I enjoyed myself.

Great horned owl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

9 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

After looking at Carole's latest script, I  had to see if I could replicate it.  This is my test  interpretation.  I used a new mask layer, hide all.  Brushes,  Fonts, from vector shape, select selection borders.  I must admit I do like this effect, another way to showcase my photos.  The photo fills the  whole page. Perhaps this wasn't the best photo to use as an experimental page, as the background of the photo gets rather dark.  But I get the gist on how to  create this effect.  One of my resident Great Horned Owls.  I'm going to put the script on my wish list, as I'm sure it will take a fraction of the time it took me to create the page below. Still, I enjoyed myself.

Great horned owl.jpg

I have added the page to Facebook, I mistakenly posted the compressed version, I have now replaced it with the full version for better viewing.

• Like 3

My latest entry in the Basic Scrap Course: Module 3. Photos by my daughter, Debbie, from last month when she was visiting for her High Point Regional High School Reunion. The fall colors seemed muted this year. Not as many reds, so perhaps no maple trees. The materials are: Background paper-ID_All That's Fall; Title font: Souvenir; Text font: Agency; Cluster Group: ID_All That's Fall and ps_Jessica Dunn_harvest pie string. Making the cluster a group worked well as I could add shadows within the group while also being able to move the whole cluster around intact.

BSC-MOD3-FALL TRIP_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

On 11/3/2023 at 4:44 PM, Sue Thomas said:

Great horned owl.jpg

Wow! What a beautiful photo. That face and those eyes.....and the feathers!

Something turned up on my FB feed that caught my  eye. Normally I don't pay much attention to them, but this one was from David Attenborough's fan club (or so they say). I googled the images to check for the veracity of this phenomenon, and it appears to be true. The natural wonder of it is quite astounding. And since we have a Welsh person in this group, I threw together a layout using a template to save time.

woven fence Wales.jpg

• Like 3
  • WOW 6
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Something turned up on my FB feed that caught my  eye. Normally I don't pay much attention to them, but this one was from David Attenborough's fan club (or so they say). I googled the images to check for the veracity of this phenomenon, and it appears to be true. The natural wonder of it is quite astounding. And since we have a Welsh person in this group, I threw together a layout using a template to save time.

woven fence Wales.jpg

I remember it.  Many friends  from the area sent me photos.  The other side of the forestry, is Pontycumer.   From the age of 8 until we moved to Canada I hunted with the  Llangeinor  Hunt.  I have ridden all those mountains countless times over those years.  From the top of them, looking south  down the Vale the view is specular, all the way to the  ocean.  I did page  page for the Publish challenge, back in 2021.  You can just see the 2 chimneys of the  600 hundred yr old farmhouse, and surrounding fields which belonged to my  parents. 

Day 2 Sheep (1).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • WOW 2
  • Love 4

I took a screenshot of a map, of the Maesteg area.  I have circled where my parents farm is.  The narrow lane takes you  up to Mynydd Yr Gaer mountain, and on to Rhiwcellog,  which is common land, where the sheep would spend their summers.  There are cattle grids on either side of all mountains. The farm fields would rest, to produce hay  to feed the sheep during the winter months.

Screenshot 2023-11-05 132445.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 7
  • WOW 1
  • Love 1

I have a tough time making cards for men (in this case, my brother) as most scrapbooking supplies I have seem to be fairly feminine. I used some papers and elements from a 2018 blog train for this. I used one of Cassel's corner punches and the font is No. 7 Regular.

large.HappyBirthdayAlan2023600.jpg.160b9329fa791c9ab45d29a1182e39a4.jpg

• Love 9

I had some time earlier to have a quick play with the Just Out Of It.  It took me longer to find a  suitable background, eventually I found one on Unsplash. Than to create the  page.  I liked the natural rustic wooden table,   to go with the photo I used.   Northern Flicker Woodpecker.  I quite liked the slight tilt of her head, and  element of surprise on her face, which I thought appropriate considering the situation she found herself in. 🙂

Northern Flicker just out of it.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 7

As I have mentioned before, I plan on making a storybook with photos of my son-in-law and grandson as a "home-made" gift exchange this Christmas. I am still collecting photos to have enough for a story, and I have not yet, decided on how to display the photos (as is? with instant effect? extracted?) so I thought of trying another method, which is the OOB, as we saw in the class yesterday.

Image1-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 11

30 minutes ago, Cassel said:

As I have mentioned before, I plan on making a storybook with photos of my son-in-law and grandson as a "home-made" gift exchange this Christmas. I am still collecting photos to have enough for a story, and I have not yet, decided on how to display the photos (as is? with instant effect? extracted?) so I thought of trying another method, which is the OOB, as we saw in the class yesterday.

Image1-600.jpg

I think this method is far and away more striking. I'd do it.

• Love 4