Scrapbook Bootcamp - October 2023

Cassel

ScrapBootcamp3-800-Title-400x300.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this Bootcamp.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to cheer everyone up.

Everyone started as a beginner, so don't ever compare yourself to others. You will learn one tool at a time, one concept at a time and you will create one project at a time. Everyone will have different photos and possibly different supplies so every project will be different.

Once the Bootcamp is started, on October 16th, 2023, you can post your projects in here.

Remember to resize your images to about 600 pixels AND save them in jpg format, before uploading them to the gallery (check this tutorial to upload to the gallery) so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. Try to follow the tutorials at least enough so that we can recognize what lesson you completed.

Now, let's get ready!

If you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announced it (some people are very observant), HERE it is. Share it around if you want.

Although this Bootcamp is mostly meant to help beginners, we won't exclude anyone for "excess experience". Some participants are back for a second (or third) round. You are always welcome. Remember that it will be the exact same tutorials so don't be surprised. I am sure you will now do something slightly different than the previous time.

Since anyone can follow the whole Bootcamp using the trial version of PaintShop Pro, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone to give it a try and see how they like the program, so share with your friends who MIGHT consider using PaintShop Pro.

The 7 tutorials will be spaced out over almost 2 weeks. This should make it easier for participants to follow without feeling stressed (it should never be stressful!).

• Like 2

Hello Carole,
I have now registered for the PSP course here. I already have the trial version. Could I maybe do a little preparatory work before the course starts? Make default settings, get to know tools or design papers, e.g. B. PI also works with layers. Do you have free tutorials to read? (So that I can copy and translate them. Videos in English are a bit difficult as a beginner)

Have a nice sunday.

Doska

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Doska St. said:

Hello Carole,
I have now registered for the PSP course here. I already have the trial version. Could I maybe do a little preparatory work before the course starts? Make default settings, get to know tools or design papers, e.g. B. PI also works with layers. Do you have free tutorials to read? (So that I can copy and translate them. Videos in English are a bit difficult as a beginner)

No need to prep since the very first lesson will be about setting it up. Just relax.

The Bootcamp reuses the tutorials that are actually available already, so you CAN go ahead and check them out HERE. In the bootcamp, there will be additional links to supplies, and such, but you might not need more as I assume you already have some! Shhh! And unfortunately, I don't have a written version of those tutorials. I might look into that in the future though. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 12:43 PM, Doska St. said:

Hello Carole,

Have a nice sunday.

Doska

Hallo Doro, versuch es mal mit den Videos von Carole, ich hatte auch Angst es nicht zu verstehen, aber sie spricht wirklich sehr akzentuiert und deutlich, und mit dem was sie macht und spricht ist es wirklich gut zu verstehen.

Viel Glück im Bootcamp, und wenn Du fragen hast immer her damit , hier ist immer jemand der hilft

lg Anja

• Like 1

I'm in too. But on Saturday 21 Oct. some of my grandkids come to visit me. One of them is ICTer. He will watch my laptop.  He might restore my laptop to factory settings, cause my 'Thefonthing' is put down by Microsoft. A PC virus crept into it in the spring. Now they think it comes from there. Or do their computers think so? He said over the phone that that is the best thing in these situations. Then it will take some time before I get everything back on track.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Hello Everyone!  I used to use PSP and I quit in 2016 because of being ill.  Now I remember how much I used to love just playing in PSP and downloaded the latest version.  I found myself surprised at everything I've forgotten over the past years.  I need a refresher course bad. lol

• Like 1

I did not know where to post what you asked for in the first tutorial.  Just move this post if you have to and I'll know better for next time. ?

I will be using the complete workspace. Color is medium gray. I have the materials, layers and tools panels open.

First photo I will be using is of my grandniece and grandnephew. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53262601449_638f7ce13e_m.jpg   (Must we post the link of the posted images or can they be embedded and displayed?)

Thank you.  I'm looking forward to the next lesson.

Edited by Emerald Jay
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Emerald Jay said:

I did not know where to post what you asked for in the first tutorial.  Just move this post if you have to and I'll know better for next time. ?

I will be using the complete workspace. Color is medium gray. I have the materials, layers and tools panels open.

First photo I will be using is of my grandniece and grandnephew. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53262601449_638f7ce13e_m.jpg   (Must we post the link of the posted images or can they be embedded and displayed?)

Thank you.  I'm looking forward to the next lesson.

Hi Emerald - Regarding your question about posting images; if you look at the bottom of the area where you are typing a response, there is a spot to access your images via your hard-drive. It looks like the image I posted below - just click on choose files or drag and drop. Keep all images 600 pixels or smaller. HTH

bootcamp instruction snippet.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Thanks 1

Hello from a rainy, chilly Georgia! I'm so looking forward to learning better use of my PSP. I'm a retired teacher and have had a camera since I was a kid. This year, though, I decided to concentrate on birds in my backyard.  My oldest daughter asked me to create a 2024 calendar, using some of my photos, so what you will see from me is a bunch of bird photos. I'll start with one of an indigo bunting I took when he stopped to rest--and eat--this spring on his migration journey.

Indigo bunting.2490ChTes resized.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 3

Hi, This is my first attempt at scrapbooking.  I hope I will be able to produce something nice.  My husband and I did an amazing trip to Scandinavia a number of years ago and we loved this area so very much. I am very slow at learning due to brain damage after an operation but this program has helped me so much.  I love it.  I have included one of the photos I wish to illustrate.

Cruise Boat at Geiranger 600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Welcome to the October Bootcamp! I am glad to see some new names in the thread. For those newcomers, keep an eye on this thread as there will be one post of mine every evening to review your posts.

@Doska St. Take a deep breath, and you will see how PSP is not that scary, and the people in this forum are all here to cheer you up. Changing program is always a bit "scary".

@Jannette Nieuwboer Hopefully, it won't take you too long to get "back on track".

@Bonnie Ballentine Will we have pickleball projects or another topic?

@Emerald Jay Welcome to the Campus. If you have already worked with PSP, it won't be too hard to get back into it, although some things have changed. What version are you using? Tomorrow, you will have fun with the exercise (it is my favorite). I hope you are hungry ?

@Richard Skelt Welcome to the Campus. Although the practice projects are not specifically for creating artwork, the tools are likely similar. Maybe you can start a whole scrapbook about your music and your events!

@Ann Seeber This is a fantastic photo for the season! Lucky for you, there are lots of fall-themed supplies you can use to showcase this cutie!

@Melanie Mitchell Welcome to the Campus. We have several other members who are nature photo enthusiasts and everyone will love seeing bird photos! Looking forward to your projects.

@Carolyn Rye Welcome to the Bootcamp. I guess you are going to bring us along during that trip? This is the beauty of these threads: we are visiting so many wonderful places and discovering countries and people without moving off our chairs!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask in this thread. I read EVERY SINGLE post, and other members might be there sooner than me to help you. I would suggest you do NOT ask our chatbot, Markus, as he is still in training (and not doing too well so far!).

• Like 3

Good morning to all. I am  newbie from the UK. I have never done anything like this workshop before and have never used a forum so I have no idea how to post in one! I need to post how   I have set up my Psp as per yesterdays boot camp instructions . I found this area by chance but it looks like this area is to say hello. Any advice would be most welcome. Thank you.  

• Like 6