Scrapbook Bootcamp - October 2023

Cassel

I've made a lot myself: such as background from colors out of the pics and a texture. But also the scratches. The ornament is from a font named Azalea ornaments. The photos I gathered from the internet. I had fun making this I hope you have fun watching it. 😆 Carole I had some trouble with the edge, the eraser didn't do the correct remove although I had all the good numbers. It's visible in the right corner down that I had to go over several times. And at the bottom of the big scratch, it's not all removed. 

DAY 9 BOOTCAMP.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Melanie Mitchell said:

Thank you Jannette! I am also a "newbie/" I move between having fun and being frustrated--but by project 4, it was more fun than frustration, so that's improvement!

O, Yes. Your name was not familiar to me but now I know you. These feelings you are having are quite normal. Are these your first footsteps in scrapbooking? You will learn a lot here. The possibilities are legion in PSP. Seeing your work you have a good feeling for colors. That is the halve work already. Good luck further with this trajectory. I hope to see more of you. If you are stuck once there are a lot of helpers here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi,

now part 4 is also finished. This time I had the problem, that the tool options bar was not docked at the top. It was freely movable and had to be expanded with a small arrow on the right. I looked at the docking options, but there were ticks everywhere, including the tool options. How can I fix this important bar?

And yes Carole, I managed to do that with the fill options.

large.DS-Part4-Farbbuchstaben_600_1023.jpg.d612c48a012c5e185fe55d6b3609c695.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, laurie solaas said:

Hi I am a little late to the party. Here is my project for New. When I saved it 600x600 the forum told me my file was too big. I don't what I did wrong. I resaved it 500x500.

lucy new spring 500x500.jpg

That happens to me sometimes too, Laurie. Maybe it's just a little too heavy.  Sometimes just a little bit of resizing is enough (590X590). 

1 hour ago, laurie solaas said:

When I saved it 600x600 the forum told me my file was too big

Nice layout, Laurie, and nice to see you here again. It's been a while! I had that problem, too, and it turned out I had to reduce the compression on my JPG Optimizer which is found on the far left under File/Export/Jpg Optimizer. The setting of 72 is sufficient for the web, I use 22 when I want to print it.  Hope this helps.

Adventure600x600.jpg.901b9c3ad58f589721cfcf47b8b66262.jpg

Thanks Ann! That's exactly what I did for this project. I  had it set way up to the best quality, and I didn't realize it! It is nice to be back in PSP land. I haven't done any layouts in a while, so I have forgotten a lot. We traveled out west last winter and enjoyed every minute of our time in California, Arizona, and New Mexico! 

Edited by laurie solaas
misspelled a word
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

@Jannette Nieuwboer For the Eraser brush, can you check if the values are all set to 0 in the Brush Variance palette (F11)? It looks like there might be a slight rotation of some "teeth".

@Doska St. When one palette is floating, often, if you double-click on it, it will dock. I love how you used multiple colors for the title! 🙂

@laurie solaas Welcome to the bootcamp 🙂 For the filesize, is it possible that you set the compression too low and it created a larger file?

@Anne Lamp Oh, a live cam? Can you share a link? I am sure others would love to follow too!

@Barbara Caulton Those are such sweet pictures!!! Great montage to show them off!

@Gerry Landreth That font looks so great! If Noah has been doing commercials, you might be able to get shots of that? Imagine a montage showing off his first steps in his acting career!

@Bonnie Ballentine Let me know when you come and volunteer to teach in our town. I'll sign up right away! (and invite you for dinner too)

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Jannette Nieuwboer For the Eraser brush, can you check if the values are all set to 0 in the Brush Variance palette (F11)? It looks like there might be a slight rotation of some "teeth".

@Doska St. When one palette is floating, often, if you double-click on it, it will dock. I love how you used multiple colors for the title! 🙂

@laurie solaas Welcome to the bootcamp 🙂 For the filesize, is it possible that you set the compression too low and it created a larger file?

@Anne Lamp Oh, a live cam? Can you share a link? I am sure others would love to follow too!

@Barbara Caulton Those are such sweet pictures!!! Great montage to show them off!

@Gerry Landreth That font looks so great! If Noah has been doing commercials, you might be able to get shots of that? Imagine a montage showing off his first steps in his acting career!

@Bonnie Ballentine Let me know when you come and volunteer to teach in our town. I'll sign up right away! (and invite you for dinner too)

@Cassel Thank you for those kind words. I am doing much better at following your amazing videos than I am posting my project in the correct place! Help has been amazing and hopefully I will remember for my last one . So sad it is coming to an end and the next Workshop  is months away but can appreciate the time and effort they take.  . But I think I can still follow your previous ones but without the forum. Hopefully this is in the correct place!

• Like 1

Day 9 took longer than I thought, because I had some tradesman installing a new water heater.  Anyway now completed.  I have definitely learnt new ideas from you Carole.  One especially is by using Ctl Y, which makes it easier to add the effects on many of my objects.  Thank you for that tip. large.ScrapBootcampDay9-600.jpg.d9a8a4104ae52a41e6ca2389afbd5171.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

Good Morning all,

@ Carole, thank you for your help and compliment.

Unfortunately, your tip with double-clicking on the work options bar in PSP's edit mode doesn't work, but when I open a new background, the double-click works, strange.
I also have questions about intermediate storage (which was not required in the instructional videos) and whether I can continue with the scrapping course after the boot camp?
I also have questions about intermediate storage (which was not required in the instructional videos) and whether I can continue with the scrapping course after the boot camp?

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Barbara Caulton said:

Lots of treats and supervision given whilst taking these photos ! 

Graphics are Mary Fran's "aintmisbehavin" from the Nitwits site

Papers are from  Mary Fran's Farley friends from the Nitwits site 

Thank you for all the help to get me this far !!

Always bee happy  project 4 600.jpg

This is just adorable. I think I'm in love with Jodi. ❤️

7 hours ago, Cassel said:

Coming up your way is on my bucket list. I'll let you know...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anja Pelzer said:

Here is my day 5,

My sister died last year on 25th October and I made a Memory Page for my Album

all Papers and Elements are made by Fay Burnett - retired Designer LilyBelle Design

I forget to notiz my Font

large.FB_EasterJoy-ua-beisetzung-claudia-anja1.jpg.eb13e77c45278f4eb93193a141b47081.jpg

She dies young Anja. 55 and a half. Mine last year as well but she was 78 years. I hope you can get 'Frieden' when you are reading comforting words in the holy book you added. 

• Thanks 1

Sunset Cliffs is one of my favorite sights in San Diego, CA, because I love the waves crashing into the cliffs.  I didn't realize there would be days when we would appreciate having a winter coat!! Even when it's a bit cool outside, I thoroughly enjoy the ocean.

sunset cliffs 600.jpg

Edited by laurie solaas
made a mistake
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

25 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

She dies young Anja. 55 and a half. Mine last year as well but she was 78 years. I hope you can get 'Frieden' when you are reading comforting words in the holy book you added

thank you Jannette, she was 5 years younger then me, and she left a hubby and a 10y old daughter

we are all in deep grief. but I know she is with us in our hearts

• Sad 2

Here is my great-grand Magic who is 3 with a brand-new baby brother, Raja Blue. She is thrilled and Mama Lucy has trouble getting him back to nurse him. The papers are all from true heart digitals, one of the kits Cassel offered with the lesson. The title font is Snap with a paper showing woodgrain as the fill and the journaling font is Tempus Sans. The frame is from AHA Somewhere in Time. The clip is labeled PSBT_Songbird_Element  from one of the other kits.

BOOTCAMP-DAY 11-LESSON 5-BIG SISTER MAGIC_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

Hi,

It was a lot of fun, no problems arose this time, and I figured out a few things myself (I like to sharpen straight away when I reduce it). I just wish I had known where you can bend text, for example into a semicircle. The "Peak-Blues" kit is from Tiny Turtle, the photo is mine and the fonts are Oliver and Orlando Samuel.

large.DS-L7-Peacock_600_1023.jpg.98ada6caa1ae5904562ed81411e5a7a7.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3