What are you working on in September (2023)?

Cassel

The Maniacs theme this past week was roads, so I made this one.  The background paper is from Creative Fabrica. (Alcoholic-ink-texture-digital-paper-23342845) that I darkened the one half. The photo of Route 1 is mine (I took it out of the window of a tour buss so I have no idea who the lady is) The winter photo is from Google and the ship and rainbow is mine.

route  1  6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

35 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I actually scrapped this morning! With my surgery scheduled for October 2, I decided to do the cover page for my October album early. I used a photo from October 2022 and papers and elements from my kit, Autumn Dream that I made during the Build-A-Kit workshop. I used a mask from the Mask Workshop (Day 3 Extra) and NO TEMPLATE!!! Big for me since I love using templates!

2023 Oct Daily Cover.jpg

Yay on the surgery!  Doing the happy dance for you!
??‍♀️?

The LO is very beautiful …great photo. And the alpha-font treatment is really, really nice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rene Marker said:

I actually scrapped this morning! With my surgery scheduled for October 2, I decided to do the cover page for my October album early. I used a photo from October 2022 and papers and elements from my kit, Autumn Dream that I made during the Build-A-Kit workshop. I used a mask from the Mask Workshop (Day 3 Extra) and NO TEMPLATE!!! Big for me since I love using templates!

2023 Oct Daily Cover.jpg

Rene good to hear the your OP is scheduled now, will it be the one with the short recovery time or will it be the longer one, with a longer hospital stay?

46 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Rene good to hear the your OP is scheduled now, will it be the one with the short recovery time or will it be the longer one, with a longer hospital stay?

Scheduled for the short one but had to decide whether they could do the other procedure if something happens. I gave the consent for that. So as it stands I will be in over night but a slight possibility of a 5 or 6 day hospital stay with a much longer recovery.

• Love 5

8 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Scheduled for the short one but had to decide whether they could do the other procedure if something happens. I gave the consent for that. So as it stands I will be in over night but a slight possibility of a 5 or 6 day hospital stay with a much longer recovery.

I hope it's smooth sailing through your surgery and recovery.  The worst part is waiting for the day to come.  Once you make the decision to do it you want to do it now and get it overwith.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

Rene, I am sending you my best wishes and hope everything goes well during the surgery and recovery.   It's still a few weeks to go, but let us know how you are doing whenever possible. ? 

• Like 3

On 9/5/2023 at 10:16 PM, Julie Magerka said:

Trying to work a bit more regularly on some kind of layout when I have the time. I saw one I liked on Curio Pantry so I thought I'd try something similar. I'm neither a photographer nor a scrapbooker, so I really need some kind of inspiration (or push).

It's so-o-o hot here, temperatures higher than all through the summer, but my thoughts are already on autumn and its marvellous colours.

The only things that are mine are the photo - my niece's daughter many years ago -  the strips of coloured paper with the ends cut out (one with Carole's new punches which I just HAD to have), and the "tag" at the bottom. Everything else is from somewhere online.

Sept project Lauren_600.jpg

Julie, I love the colors, and the layout is lovely!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 11:17 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Between all the other activities in the Campus and at home I have been working on a card for a dear friend who is turning 80 and it is a miracle he lived through all the medical conditions he has had in the last couple of years. He was and is now again an enthousiast golfer and plays golf one or two times a week. Therefore I made him a card with all kinds of golf accessories which I found on digitalscrapbook.com. It is a double card, but has a plain backside with my normal logo. On the card I used a couple of small masks to blend the images together because I didn't want sharp edges; duplicated a lot of the golf balls to put in the basket; the cup was very "ugly" colored so it is changed using Hue and Saturation. And last I used an Edge Punch. one of the last series I have bought, this one goes so well with the balls! Saturday we will have lunch in a posh restaurant with all his family and friends.

kaart Piet 80-600.jpg

Corrie, this is such a lovely card!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:48 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Needed to make a quick birthday greeting.  The photo was taken Sept 6th (Birthday was Sept 7th).  My friend loved corvids and this is the sun from the weird smoky apocalypic looking world we find ourselves in this summer.  

The font is Melinda Script

Dori 2023-600.jpg

Susan, that's really great card!   I love this technique and the font you used.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:53 AM, Michele said:

The main pic is from another great clip art collection from Creative Fabrica. I tried to make it look like I was using a mask. First I Gaussian blurred the background paper. Then I magic wand selected outside the clip art, inverted, contracted, inverted again, and applied a Gaussian blur. I'm sure there's an easier way to achieve it, but I was in a huge time crunch; I even missed my deadline by about 15 mins. I have no idea where I got the little grapevines in the corners and I added a few versions of my game avatar (my members like to see them). The title font is Morning Dew and the swash is Avelana Deco Medi. 

large.FABDLVineyardVisit!600.jpg.db694768c780f009638359f28ff3b663.jpg

Michele, this is such a great work.  I've always loved the illustrations you use in your work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yet another layout inspiration I saw online. I didn't scraplift it entirely, just the basic idea. Background paper is from the Lilypad, a set of Fusion papers called "For Art's Sake". Then added the elements & text for the theme of books. Nothing much is mine, except the frame. I do love books and reading and do it whenever I find time. I met a man in a book club once who worked in an automotive assembly plant. He had a book with him all the time as he worked. If he could complete his part of the assembly in less time than allotted, he would read as much as he could, even if it was only 30-40 seconds at a time. I think that's amazing. (The quote is from Stephen King.)

Sept 23 Books layout.jpg

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Guess I'll be posting my Travel Challenge balance of pages in the "What are you working on..." forums, cause it's going to take me into October (maybe even November) to finish.  Then, there is that Alphabet Challenge from 2022 that I still have 3 more to do - X, Y, Z. 

Here is page 10 and 11.  All my own papers and elements.  Having fun with the leather tag making and decided to do some flare buttons too.

2023 Travel Challenge, pages 11-12_1000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

10 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Guess I'll be posting my Travel Challenge balance of pages in the "What are you working on..." forums, cause it's going to take me into October (maybe even November) to finish.  Then, there is that Alphabet Challenge from 2022 that I still have 3 more to do - X, Y, Z. 

Here is page 10 and 11.  All my own papers and elements.  Having fun with the leather tag making and decided to do some flare buttons too.

2023 Travel Challenge, pages 11-12_1000.jpg

Nice Mary such a double page. Well done.

• Thanks 1

I finally got around to using one of Cassel's magazine templates from the Publish It challenge several years ago. The sketch is from Hayden Williams, my favorite fashion illustrator. The font is Vonique 64 (free, probably from DaFont) and the bar code is an edited version of the one Sue Thomas shared a while back.

large.FABDLEditor-in-Chief!600.jpg.619120d990e230fba77c2223645e1be8.jpg

cass-MagazineA-00 (2019_07_02 12_59_52 UTC) 600.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I finally got around to using one of Cassel's magazine templates from the Publish It challenge several years ago. The sketch is from Hayden Williams, my favorite fashion illustrator. The font is Vonique 64 (free, probably from DaFont) and the bar code is an edited version of the one Sue Thomas shared a while back.

Immediately "The Devil Wears Prada" comes to mind. I recall doing a magazine with those templates, thanks for the reminder!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

Awesome!  If I'm not mistaken, the first Publish it!  challenge was in 2019

• Love 1