Travel Tale Workshop 2023

Cassel

2023-TravelTaleWorkshop-Preview.jpg

First of all, come and say HI if once you register for this workshop. We want to know who else will be there, on our side to inspire us. Remember that it is NOT a contest. Once the workshop is started, on August 21st, you can post your pages, and your stories (if it is too small to read, you can always copy and paste the text, if you want). Remember to resize your image to about 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have lots of your masterpieces. If you are using double pages, it might be better to split them in half and post both halves separately, otherwise they will be too small to really see. Now, pack your bag and grab your ticket. Take off will be soon. In case you see this post before it is announced elsewhere, congratulations, you are very observant. If you want to register, here is where you can reserve your seat.

• Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 2

I'm in. I have enjoyed doing a Travel Tale in the past and once I had exhausted my personal travels I decided to make fantasy travel pages. Last time I "went" to Botswana, in Southern Africa, because I'm a fan of the book series The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith which is set in that country and I always wanted to experience it IRL. I need to decide where I'm traveling to next but there's still time between now and Aug 21.

Here is an example of my work:

FINAL BOTSWANA_scaled.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
to add image
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

Just signed in to say Hi. I saw the new workshop a few hours ago. Hope again, I will be able to participate and pull through the WS, because next week "Scripting Study Group" is beginning....May be I' m too optimistic and daring right now ?. Actually I try to do at least one little exercise every evening after work to get more practice again.

By the way, Ann, you look smart with your hat ?!

Edited by libera
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm also in.

Like Libera, I am not sure how far I will go as I am also taking the Scripting Course, and there will be some traveling in between... As I already started reviewing the scripting lessons, I hope I'll have time.

This is such a fun workshop, and I love to see what everybody creates and go to places I've never been.

13 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Ann I hope it won't disappoint. I'm already collecting stuff to embellish my pages besides the photos.

I don't believe anyone will be disappointed, Corrie. I love to see your traveling layouts, showing different places and full of information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:45 AM, Ann Seeber said:

I'm in. I have enjoyed doing a Travel Tale in the past and once I had exhausted my personal travels I decided to make fantasy travel pages. Last time I "went" to Botswana, in Southern Africa, because I'm a fan of the book series The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith which is set in that country and I always wanted to experience it IRL. I need to decide where I'm traveling to next but there's still time between now and Aug 21.

Here is an example of my work:

FINAL BOTSWANA_scaled.jpg

This is such a beautiful layout, Ann! This proves that even without traveling, one can create great pages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree. That spread is really, really great, Ann!

I signed up, but I’m not sure how far I’ll make it.  Maybe I’ll make huge layouts on very small (short and close to home) trips.

I do have a question: What should we do if we see a grammatical or spelling error in a LO by an English-speaking participant?  Do we point it out or let it go?  The reason I ask is because a number of people confused its and it's in past workshops and I'd hate if they had their projects printed.  It's is short for it is only; it does not denote possessiveness. (For the possessive, it's its. hahaha.)

Edited by Suzy
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

38 minutes ago, Suzy said:

I agree. That spread is really, really great, Ann!

I signed up, but I’m not sure how far I’ll make it.  Maybe I’ll make huge layouts on very small (short and close to home) trips.

I do have a question: What should we do if we see a grammatical or spelling error in a LO by an English-speaking participant?  Do we point it out or let it go?  The reason I ask is because a number of people confused its and it's in past workshops and I'd hate if they had their projects printed.  It's is short for it is only; it does not denote possessiveness. (For the possessive, it's its. hahaha.)

I had an error in one of my layouts in the spelling and I appreciated it being pointed out to me.  If one is going to have their layouts printed, I am sure we appreciate proofreading by knowledgeable people.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Suzy said:

I am with @Mary Solaas on that one.
I too would greatly appreciate others pointing out any spelling errors I make.

• Like 5