What are you working on (in July 2023)?

Cassel

Date-07-2023.jpg

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in July be it a scrapbook page, a collage, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn, and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Remember to size down your image to about 600x600 pixels and save it in .jpg format before posting it.

Here are a few guidelines for everyone:

• when you post a project, give as much information on your sources or techniques used. It will help others who are curious and would like to do the same.
  • if someone uses something that you like on their page, ask where they got it. Sometimes, you can go get it too and it will be better quality than trying to extract it (as it would have been resized to post in the forum anyways).
  • if it is something that they did from scratch, ask how they did it. It would be so helpful to everyone!
  • if you like a photo and would like to “play with it”, ALWAYS ask permission. Sometimes, there are some limitations and the person is not allowed to let others use it. Don’t get them in trouble. Usually, people are happy to say yes (if they can) when you ask politely. And if you get permission, you might get a better-quality image than the resized image anyways.

The first thing I like to post is my new Wild Cat calendar for the month. It features the Snow Leopard, the gentle giant of Central Asia. These calendar templates are very large, measuring 4200 x 3245 px. I've been using PSPs print function and get nice 11x8.5" prints on my desktop Epson. I have put a full size jpg in the Files section of our Facebook group: Scrapbooking with PaintShop Pro. The leopard photos are from Unsplash.

Here's a copy of the journaling which is rather small in this version:

Known throughout the world for its beautiful fur and elusive behavior, the endangered snow leopard (Panthera uncia) is found in the rugged mountains of Central Asia. The gentle snow leopard is not known to be aggressive toward humans. They are perfectly adapted to the cold, barren landscape of their high-altitude home, but human threats have created an uncertain future for the cats. Despite a range of over 1.2 million miles, scientist estimate that there may only be between 4,000 and 7,000 snow leopards left in the wild.

EDIT: Unhappy with the background and lower image, I made some changes.

JULY 2023 WILDCAT CALENDAR-SNOW LEOPARDa_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
Unhappy with the background and lower image, I made some changes
  • Like 4
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

The first thing I like to post is my new Wild Cat calendar for the month. It features the Snow Leopard, the gentle giant of Central Asia. These calendar templates are very large, measuring 4200 x 3245 px. I've been using PSPs print function and get nice 11x8.5" prints on my desktop Epson. I have put a full size jpg in the Files section of our Facebook group: Scrapbooking with PaintShop Pro. The leopard photos are from Unsplash.

Here's a copy of the journaling which is rather small in this version:

Known throughout the world for its beautiful fur and elusive behavior, the endangered snow leopard (Panthera uncia) is found in the rugged mountains of Central Asia. The gentle snow leopard is not known to be aggressive toward humans. They are perfectly adapted to the cold, barren landscape of their high-altitude home, but human threats have created an uncertain future for the cats. Despite a range of over 1.2 million miles, scientist estimate that there may only be between 4,000 and 7,000 snow leopards left in the wild.

JULY 2023 WILDCAT CALENDAR-SNOW LEOPARD_600.jpg

Sad fact about the threat to their existence.

• Like 1

Ik heb de stenen muur gemaakt. Maar met graffiti erop. 

Ik veranderde de achtergrondkleuren naar zwart en wit met tint en verzadiging. Na het technische proces heb ik er een portret op geplaatst.

Heb het in het lagenpalet op vermenigvuldigen gezet zodat de stenen muur er doorheen kwam.

En het werkje was af. 

zwaartekracht Paul.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Like 6
  • Love 6

Here is one layout I finally managed to finish. 

Again, I used a Scrapping with Liz template (SwL_AroundtheWorldTemplate3). Also, from her, the  SwL_LettheAdventureBegin cutout.

The background is a blend of a photo of the internet (Effects>Art Media Effects>Colored Pencil) on top of a vintage paper.

Border stitch is an old freebie from Kristin Aagard (KAagard_July17CCM_BorderStitches_5)

From Cassel: Photo mat (Lab13-06 - punched paper) -- Custom Coin Script -- Date Stamp8 Script - Text Overlay (Lab5-09)

Font: Futura XBLKIT BT EXTRA BLACK ITALIC.

EDIT:  Also included the polka dot pattern.

Fiumicino Airport F600.jpg

SwL_AroundtheWorldTemplate3_200.jpg

Rome Collosseum Lazio_200.jpg

Edited by Cristina
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

On 7/1/2023 at 5:46 PM, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Ik heb de bakstenen muur gemaakt. Maar met graffiti erop. 

Veranderde de kleuren naar zwart en wit met tint en verzadiging. Na het technische proces heb ik er een portret op geplaatst.

Heb het in het lagenpalet op meerdere gezet zodat de stenen muur er doorheen kwam.

En het werkje was af. 

zwaartekracht Paul.jpg

I absolutely adore this. I fell in love with him when I was a child watching the Ed Sullivan Show.

• Love 1

Here's a project I've been working on the last few days as a remembrance of a friend that passed away last week from a malignant brain tumor at the age of 43. He and I are part of this rather large Facebook group that were fans of pop culture and started with Game of Thrones. We're all devastated at the loss of Ray. We knew he was not in the best of shape, suffering total blindness, but the end came quicker than we anticipated. We had been recording book readings for him as a way to stay in touch. I gathered all the photos my friends were sharing on their individual posts for his friends and family (we call it our Fandom Family). I used the cass-hanging photos script because I had 12 photos to showcase. The background is from a photo of a chalk drawing one of our group did at a convention in Europe. I had two photos of Ray, alone, and tried out the new Corel engraving-brown script on them. After trying the saturation layer effect I was quite impressed. I'll let you see the originals, also. I spoke to Ray on the phone a few years ago, before he got ill, as he was looking into moving to my area. R.I.P. Ray Fiore, you'll be sorely missed. ?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the font is Cabin Sketch.

R.I.P. RAY FROM YOUR FANDOM FAMILY 2023_600.jpg

Ray Fiore 2020_600.jpg

356812949_6403655633016974_1787116750935919413_n_600.jpg

Fandom is Family_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9

43 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Hier is een project waar ik de afgelopen dagen aan heb gewerkt ter nagedachtenis aan een vriend die vorige week op 43-jarige leeftijd is overleden aan een kwaadaardige hersentumor. Hij en ik maken deel uit van deze vrij grote Facebook-groep die fans waren van popcultuur en begon met Game of Thrones. We zijn allemaal kapot van het verlies van Ray. We wisten dat hij niet in de beste vorm was, hij leed aan totale blindheid, maar het einde kwam sneller dan we hadden verwacht. We hadden boeklezingen voor hem opgenomen om contact te houden. Ik verzamelde alle foto's die mijn vrienden deelden op hun individuele berichten voor zijn vrienden en familie (we noemen het onze Fandom Family). Ik gebruikte het script voor hangende foto's omdat ik 12 foto's had om te laten zien. De achtergrond is van een foto van een krijttekening die iemand van onze groep maakte op een conventie in Europa. Ik had twee foto's van Ray, alleen, en het nieuwe Corel-gravure-bruine script erop uitgeprobeerd. Nadat ik het verzadigingslaageffect had geprobeerd, was ik behoorlijk onder de indruk. Ik zal je ook de originelen laten zien. Ik sprak Ray een paar jaar geleden aan de telefoon, voordat hij ziek werd, toen hij overweegt om naar mijn gebied te verhuizen. RIP Ray Fiore, je zult erg gemist worden.?

EDIT: vergeten te vermelden, het lettertype is Cabin Sketch.

RIP RAY VAN JE FANDOMFAMILIE 2023_600.jpg

Ray Fiore 2020_600.jpg

Fandom is Familie_600.jpg

my condolence. This is a sad moment for you, a loss is al always sad. But especially when there are still young. 

But a good therapy for you working with memories and photos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's a project I've been working on the last few days as a remembrance of a friend that passed away last week from a malignant brain tumor at the age of 43. He and I are part of this rather large Facebook group that were fans of pop culture and started with Game of Thrones. We're all devastated at the loss of Ray. We knew he was not in the best of shape, suffering total blindness, but the end came quicker than we anticipated. We had been recording book readings for him as a way to stay in touch. I gathered all the photos my friends were sharing on their individual posts for his friends and family (we call it our Fandom Family). I used the cass-hanging photos script because I had 12 photos to showcase. The background is from a photo of a chalk drawing one of our group did at a convention in Europe. I had two photos of Ray, alone, and tried out the new Corel engraving-brown script on them. After trying the saturation layer effect I was quite impressed. I'll let you see the originals, also. I spoke to Ray on the phone a few years ago, before he got ill, as he was looking into moving to my area. R.I.P. Ray Fiore, you'll be sorely missed. ?

Ray Fiore 2020_600.jpg

Fandom is Family_600.jpg

Sorry for your loss, 43 is to young...........

• Thanks 1

Jannette, nice job on that! At first I thought it really was a photo your took of some (very good) wall graffiti you had seen, so WTG!

Cristina!  What an awesome layout! Thanks for all the directions, specifically that background paper! But it also gives me ideas for some of those scripts I also own. Well, it’s just awesome.

Ann, I’m sorry for your loss, and at such a young age, always hard to take!  Your memorial layout is stellar. You put it together so beautifully. And such a perfect use for that Hanging photo script!I’m am just so impressed by all of it, the montage photo in the bottom right, the Corel Script, the background image, the placement of the photos, the title work and anything else I forgot to mention but which is part of the whole.  I think I’m going to have to buy the script and save this LO in the folder to refer back to - once I have 12 photos of anything, LOL!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On my recent trip to the States I have visited Sedona and the Red Rocks in Arizona. While the rest of my family wanted to do part of a trail up Bell Rock I stayed behind. I walked around a little bit lower where the terrain was a bit better for me and I was taking photos of all sorts of wonderful flowers. I spotted something blue on the ground and went to investigate; it was a Bluebird but when I came nearer he flew away and sat in a tree. In the end I managed to take a couple of photos  and made this layout with them.

I used some of the latest freebies from Carole because I haven't had the time to play with them. I used:

Hanging Photo Grid, but I changed it a bit because I only had 3 photos 

Date stamp 13 Days, again changed it for my needs

Bow 22, a double bow and I was lucky to win that script when I was on my trip. I made a ribbon with a bluebird silhouette and one without and used those for the bow.

Background consists of different layers with blendmodes of color and luminance to get a nice blue color

Fonts are Bauhause and Arial

Bluebird-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 8

14 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Ray Fiore 2020_600.jpg

Fandom is Family_600.jpg

A beautiful tribute Ann.  Sorry for your loss of one of your fandom family members.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Ann, this is a touching tribute to honor his memory... He left way too early.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Suzy said:

Cristina!  What an awesome layout! Thanks for all the directions, specifically that background paper! But it also gives me ideas for some of those scripts I also own. Well, it’s just awesome.

Thank you so much, Suzy!    I created the background paper inspired by one I saw on Etsy.   I erased the sky of the Colosseum photo before adding the effects and blending.

This is the paper I was inspired by.

text-colloseum-background-paper.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Thought I would have fun with the theme today. I applied the mosaic weave effect to a plain background. The font is *TINTIN*; my Windows File Explorer is being finicky tonight so I can't search for it to tell you where I got it. Ron Payne posted a link on the FB page to a cool batch of seamless glitter patterns from CF. I used one for the text; it came along just at the right time! I found the flapper girls years ago by, I think, Mallory Carlson.

large.FABDLRazzleDazzle!600.jpg.28b596d23bbeaa654775a0dbbadf7fcb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 10

10 minutes ago, Michele said:

Thought I would have fun with the theme today. I applied the mosaic weave effect to a plain background. The font is *TINTIN*; my Windows File Explorer is being finicky tonight so I can't search for it to tell you where I got it. Ron Payne posted a link on the FB page to a cool batch of seamless glitter patterns from CF. I used one for the text; it came along just at the right time! I found the flapper girls years ago by, I think, Mallory Carlson.

Love it all, Michele! So bright, colorful, fun...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ann Seeber said:

Ray Fiore 2020_600.jpg

Fandom is Family_600.jpg

This is a lovely tribute Ann and beautifully created. Creating something like this helps you and all those who see it who knew him. Very sad but beautiful.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

On my recent trip to the States I have visited Sedona and the Red Rocks in Arizona. While the rest of my family wanted to do part of a trail up Bell Rock I stayed behind. I walked around a little bit lower where the terrain was a bit better for me and I was taking photos of all sorts of wonderful flowers. I spotted something blue on the ground and went to investigate; it was a Bluebird but when I came nearer he flew away and sat in a tree. In the end I managed to take a couple of photos  and made this layout with them.

I used some of the latest freebies from Carole because I haven't had the time to play with them. I used:

Hanging Photo Grid, but I changed it a bit because I only had 3 photos 

Date stamp 13 Days, again changed it for my needs

Bow 22, a double bow and I was lucky to win that script when I was on my trip. I made a ribbon with a bluebird silhouette and one without and used those for the bow.

Background consists of different layers with blendmodes of color and luminance to get a nice blue color

Fonts are Bauhause and Arial

Bluebird-600.jpg

Good story as well.

• Thanks 1

Just finished the wedding card for our neighbours that is based on one of the Quick Pages in Carole's recent workshop. They marry at the end of this week so it's timely. I have put the development stages on a template (from Marissa Lerin of Digital Scrapbook) to show from the original template supplied with the workshop to the finished card (the left hand image).

I created a monogram of their initials and made a pattern for an overlay and added a lace effect texture for the background. Lightened up a few things here and there and dotted a bit of heart confetti. Voila!

Typefaces 'Maria & John' = The Billion and 'Quick Pages' = Trebuchet MS

Since doing the workshop I have  been inspired to look at templates differently. Digital Scrapbook has a heap of them.

WeddingCard develop.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I don't have anything exciting to post.  Currently making the most of the great outdoors, cycling, kayaking, gardening, horsing around with my girls, taking photos and  plodding my way through  creating 2023 calendars, and general greeting cards.  I have created some of Carole's date stamps. This one I particularly like. I create the template, in psp format. All I have to do is change the text, as it's already centered, etc and  change the colours.  

Date stamp 13 template.jpg

Date stamp13 exmas.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

Lab 6-11

• Rainbow Striped Paper  (The border, with mitered corners - dont look too close, I missed on two corners)
  • Diamond Shape Paper (the blue one)
  • Spider Web (on the tissue paper)

I'm looking forward to the vector workshop.  it took me some time to get the  spider web happening.  Once I was following the tutorial properly I got it done.  I couldnt fit it in well to the layout so I put it on the tissue paper (remember the decorated toilet paper of the 70-80's).  The diamond paper; I was trying out different percentage (for size) and forgot to hide a layer and it made the cross lines appear.  I liked the look.  I also textured it with Effects>Texture Effects>Texture.  And used the magic wand to select the diamonds and inner beveled them to give more dimension to the sparse (read: boring) layout.  The spiders camer from Creative Fabrica.  The photo with the quote was from Facebook and I thought it was funny.  I really liked the Rainbow Striped Paper tutorial, although it is hard on the eyes.

Lab 6-11 Spidey Tissue-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Sue, great job on the sta,ps….since you aren’t using the script, you *could* vary the text. Merry Christmas, for example . (Of course, I bet you say Happy Christmas, but you get the idea.). And I have a question you can answer…. I’m currently thinking about how to get some horse manure for my garden.  I know where the horses live, but the properties are walled and gated off. Would it be too weird for me to put a note in their mailboxes and offer to clean out stalls if I got to keep the manure?  

Susan, those Labs are terrific! The rainbow stripe is eye popping, but I love that style so much! So when my corners don’t line up, I take the opposite corner where they *do* line up and copy, paste and mirror it, then zoom way in, microscopically, and place the corner where it goes, leaving absolutely no seam. (It is a trial and error, but can be done if you need it perfect).  It sometimes doesn't work in perfect quarters, but in your paper’s case, I believe it will work. That Kleenex is hilarious!

I’m doing some YouTube videos on drawing flowers to make my own patterns. Doodling, not really drawing. One of the videos is 48 minutes long!!!  The artist is Asian, and the music is a bedtime lullaby. I don’t mind telling you I can last ALMOST 5 minutes before my eyes start closing! (So it will take me nine or 10 sessions, unless I put it at 2 x speed, but then it goes too fast for me to keep up.)  This lead me to a book called “How to Draw Modern Florals”, where my complete lack of drawing talent has become obvious, but the book is awesome.  My Newsletter was published in June - if you want to see  https://dafflibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ledger-34-2-2023-June-IDS.pdf 

• Like 3