What are you working on (in July 2023)?

Cassel

27 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my take on my animal visitors earlier in the week. The font (top and bottom) is Fredericka the Great that Carole sent earlier. The background photo was taken in Pine Island, near me; it's technically part of Warwick. The frame is from my stash, the camera is a watercolor from my Animal kit and the photo was conjured up by Adobe Express.

raccoons 07-2023_600.jpg

The contrasting photo and background work great. They are such cuties and the sign is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

I use my iPad (to see the videos) and sing play along on my desktop. Then I turn and stop the iPad because I can’t go fast enough. BUT I already have a desk full of paper a foot high in most places, so printed .pdfs are out of the question.

Have you ever listened to the tutorials on 2x speed? Carole sounds a little different! ?  but they go nice and fast!

?

I have 2 monitors so when I watch a video, I just use the 2nd monitor. But when I'm doing something I don't always want to pull up the video again so that is when the paper work is used.

With my hearing issues I have a hard enough time with videos on regular speed, 2X would be like the Charlie Brown cartoons... wah, wah, wah! That's why paper is best for me!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Suzy said:

Are you guys making notes on a .pdf file? How?  OR are you printing them, and making notes on paper? I ask because I’m not printing out a telephone book (the size of which all of Cassel’s .pdfs combined would be) but if I can make notes on a .pdf ….edit a .pdf…without buying renting more software, I’m super interested!

No I don't print them for the same reason as you, way to much paperwork! If I'm correct I did make notes on the pdf files in Word, but I haven't done so lately because I always forget that I did and on which ones ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

No I don't print them for the same reason as you, way to much paperwork! If I'm correct I did make notes on the pdf files in Word, but I haven't done so lately because I always forget that I did and on which ones ?

Yeah, I printed one or two and never looked at them! ? I've now become pretty adept at having PSP and the PDF open at the same time. My monitor is 30" wide so that helps.

• Like 4

I use a mixture of what most of you have said.  Sometimes I print and find it easier to follow along, or if I dont want to start and stop the video (I have two screens).  I follow along with the video with the labs and will print something I've done before but have forgotten the steps and it's not part of the lab I'm just doing.  I will sometimes print the blog PDF if I want to practice what it is teaching and dont know where a certain video might of a technique that is the same.  I dont discount any ways of using tutorials, I got by what's right for the time.  I do however want to start a list (digital or otherwise) of where to find the tutorials I use most often or want to use for sure, otherwise "out of sight out of mind".  

I do confess to loving printed instructions and there is very few books on PSP so I would gladly purchase a book if you were writing one Carole.  

• Like 1

Just before the Vector Workshop starts. I used one of Cass' free vase preset shapes and made the following vase.  I used Cass' instructions for shadowing the right side of the vase and the light shadowing for the left side of the vase (where the light is coming from and then I added the bubble effect in the middle to kind of give it a rounded or 3D look.

MLS Cass Vase 3D.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Here's my take on my animal visitors earlier in the week. The font (top and bottom) is Fredericka the Great that Carole sent earlier. The background photo was taken in Pine Island, near me; it's technically part of Warwick. The frame is from my stash, the camera is a watercolor from my Animal kit and the photo was conjured up by Adobe Express.

raccoons 07-2023_600.jpg

Having a black-and-white background really makes the other elements stand out!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

My mixed doubles partner at the National Senior Games was very successful. He won a gold medal, silver medal and bronze medal...medaling in every event he entered.Gold, silver and bronze alpha us by Janet Kemp, Digital Scrapbooking, Toolbox Letter Board. Dr. J text is Barsime font. Jerry is Freestyle Script font.

2023 7 10 11 12 Medal Magnet 600.jpg

• Love 8

LAB 6 MODULE 6 EXPERIMENT 01 -TITLE WORK- ANIMAL PRINT

This little critter is raising havoc in the lake behind our home.  I had never heard of it until the bank of the lake just collapsed.

My first attempt at using 2 pages with no idea at what i was doing. I am very surprised it looks like a two page informative about the world's most harmful, invasive, species.

Lab 6 Module 6 Exper 01-Title Work-Animal Print.jpg

Edited by Dorothy Donn
additional info
  • Like 5

I thought the PhotoBlocks script would go well with the theme; it's the top layer. The original artwork (before all the blocks) is by Michael Lang. I added some Gaussian Blur to the original layer, lowered the opacity a lot, and put a light blue layer under it. The font is Microsoft Tai Le. 

large.FABDLArtisticExpression!600.jpg.a1efd9ed5cfdd3660457d14c82d96b12.jpg

• Love 6

1 hour ago, Michele said:

I thought the PhotoBlocks script would go well with the theme; it's the top layer. The original artwork (before all the blocks) is by Michael Lang. I added some Gaussian Blur to the original layer, lowered the opacity a lot, and put a light blue layer under it. The font is Microsoft Tai Le. 

large.FABDLArtisticExpression!600.jpg.a1efd9ed5cfdd3660457d14c82d96b12.jpg

This is marvellous. The script really fits the subject matter. I love all those colours too. Striking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, Susan Ewart said:

I do however want to start a list (digital or otherwise) of where to find the tutorials I use most often or want to use for sure, otherwise "out of sight out of mind".  

It would be nice to have chapter headings. I can’t think what they would be, but it would be nice, LOL!  We have newsletter blurbs,  very short, usually from Carole’s book. Then we have blog posts. Then we have misc posts here in the forum. Just a LOT of places to look. So vectors would be one chapter. And taking an idea from the workshops, paper patterns, elements, tags and journaling (and right here there is a problem….so many tags are also vectors!), well, if you can figure out the chapter headings, I am willing to start a Google spreadsheet we can all work on!

42 minutes ago, Suzy said:

It would be nice to have chapter headings. I can’t think what they would be, but it would be nice, LOL!  We have newsletter blurbs,  very short, usually from Carole’s book. Then we have blog posts. Then we have misc posts here in the forum. Just a LOT of places to look. So vectors would be one chapter. And taking an idea from the workshops, paper patterns, elements, tags and journaling (and right here there is a problem….so many tags are also vectors!), well, if you can figure out the chapter headings, I am willing to start a Google spreadsheet we can all work on!

Yikes, the pressure.  I think I need to use the search function more.  The Masterclasses often use various tutorials.  I wouldnt even know where to start to make headings...but if I did I'd be making notes of where tutorials are that I can refer to.  And a spreadsheet is perfect for that, 'cause you can sort many ways (at least with MSExcel).  I"m a note taker, so why I havent done this already is a mystery to me.  So many things to do on my list, that my lists have lists of their own!

• Haha 1

Dorothy you have been busy and having fun doing all this work! It is something I can't do on a regular basis, I have no patience for it and not the time necessary for doing it well.

Michele I love your building blocks! What gave you the idea to use this script for it, it is striking.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Yikes, the pressure.  I think I need to use the search function more.  The Masterclasses often use various tutorials.  I wouldnt even know where to start to make headings...but if I did I'd be making notes of where tutorials are that I can refer to.  And a spreadsheet is perfect for that, 'cause you can sort many ways (at least with MSExcel).  I"m a note taker, so why I havent done this already is a mystery to me.  So many things to do on my list, that my lists have lists of their own!

I set up a spreadsheet when I first joined the Campus.  Yes, it did take time but it has been worth it. I have pages for Master Classes, CS Tutorials, The Lab, Blog Tips and even one where I track what Scripts I have bought with the description of the script.

On the Master Class page, I have columns for "watched video", "download video", "download pdf", "printed pdf" and "notes". A simple yes in the column when I've done any of those things. I have the oldest listed first and just add the new one each month to the bottom of the list.

For CS Tutorials, I have them listed in the order Carole has them including the headers. Columns include "watched video", "download pdf", "printed pdf" and "notes". Again, yes goes in the column when I've done any of those. In the notes column, I have included the Lab and Module number if applicable.

Same format for The Lab page. "Watched video", "download notebook" and "notes".

Blog Tips has columns for "Blog Title", "Blog Date", "Download PDF", and notes. I only record those that I download.

• Like 2
  • WOW 3

Rene, we are talking about general topics of what you learn in the classes,  ideas, labs, workshops, masterclasses and blog posts, newsletters, and misc. here in the forums. ***Because even if we check it off, it doesn’t mean we remember it! ROTFL!!!***  That little flower video Carole made spur of the moment is a hidden gem.

So, making that leaf in class 3 of the vector workshop, gets its own line item, but the heading is vector, and also leaf? Preset shape? Well, some other stuff. 
and then it has “where to find it again” which is “Class 3 Vector workshop”. Yay me, I got the first one!

or maybe we do it the opposite way. We have “Vector Workshop” and under it all the stuff we learn in sub headings. Some of which might also go under different headings, like labels or preset shapes. I’m not sure, for right now I’m using the search engine, but it doesn’t help for newsletters and workshops. Er, I don’t think does. I just wanted a little list of my own, but I think it would be a big, long, unwieldy list truth be told. 

Dorothy, you *have* been a maniac! Good for you! 
Michele, yes, that overlay was inspired!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not doing the vector workshop so that's why I didn't go into that.

I took Susan to say that she needs a way to know where to go to find things whether they are in master classes, tutorials, labs or on the blog that maybe a spreadsheet would work for her so I shared that I have a spreadsheet for exactly that purpose. My spreadsheet gives me a way to track that stuff especially when downloading the pdf files since you are only allowed so many downloads in a period of time. This saves me from downloading the same pdf multiple times and I don't have to search my computer to find out if I have downloaded it.

All of us have our own way of doing things, I was just sharing something that might be useful to others. Of course, I love spreadsheets so use them for everything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I'm not doing the vector workshop so that's why I didn't go into that.

I took Susan to say that she needs a way to know where to go to find things whether they are in master classes, tutorials, labs or on the blog that maybe a spreadsheet would work for her so I shared that I have a spreadsheet for exactly that purpose. My spreadsheet gives me a way to track that stuff especially when downloading the pdf files since you are only allowed so many downloads in a period of time. This saves me from downloading the same pdf multiple times and I don't have to search my computer to find out if I have downloaded it.

All of us have our own way of doing things, I was just sharing something that might be useful to others. Of course, I love spreadsheets so use them for everything.

I take all talk of spreadsheets to heart.  I like your ideas and this has spawned some ideas in my mind how to organize my files.  It's always an ever evolving process.  Kind of like, when I know better I'll do better.  I might have written the conversation about headings not very clearly.  Words are my nemisis...lists are my friends.  What are lists, well, kinda like spreadsheets.  

• Like 1