What are you working on (in July 2023)?

Cassel

55 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Well, that *is*a gradient

I scrolled up and had another look. I do see the gradient now but it is very subtle. Somewhere, there are lessons on making your own gradients. I like your design and visualize making the back petals darker than the front and adding something to the stamens in the center.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lab 6-12

• Spinner Template
  • Path Template
  • Token

This one is a record for number of layers for me.  No, I didnt count (Does PSP have a way of telling me, I'd like to know).  the nonsensical game board I made up had so many layers that I merged visible to a new layer and made it a flattened element of the layout.  I had the problem of getting all the other elements on the page without covering the text -that I spent a lot of time doing so I wasnt going to cover it all up.  The Spinner template and token were really rewarding to do.  I will post those elements closer up, especially the token.  How cool that tutorial is.  Making the path template was easy.  I did want the black frame lines and new if I added it on each one that the line between the spaces would be double.  So i grouped them once I was done, used the magic wand to select the whole group and added the extra outline to the outside to make them the same thickness.  The hardest part with the path was drawing the path itself.  I must have done about 30 or more (undo got a real workout) tries before I settled on this one.  This layout is a big image so not sure how sharp it will be for you to see.  

I used Digi Dewi Hocus Pocus Paper Wood-tan from Digital Scrapbook for the picnic table the game is sitting on.  

Lab 6-12 CMY The Color Game-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • WOW 4
  • Love 6

Susan, I bow down to you on this one!   These are just gorgeous!  (And I wouldn't get far in your game because I don't know the answers to about 3/4 of the questions! LOL! But I'd have a stylish token while not getting many answers correct! I'd just slink around with my tail between my legs. :(()

6-12 is the only Lab I didn't download, or even watch, because I knew I could never finish it, but I recently watched the game board video since you said you were working on it.  NO WAY I could do it!  My game board would look like a colon!

The spinner is magnificent - the arrow and its material and shading are perfection!  Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-12

• Spinner Template
  • Path Template
  • Token

This one is a record for number of layers for me.  No, I didnt count (Does PSP have a way of telling me, I'd like to know).  the nonsensical game board I made up had so many layers that I merged visible to a new layer and made it a flattened element of the layout.  I had the problem of getting all the other elements on the page without covering the text -that I spent a lot of time doing so I wasnt going to cover it all up.  The Spinner template and token were really rewarding to do.  I will post those elements closer up, especially the token.  How cool that tutorial is.  Making the path template was easy.  I did want the black frame lines and new if I added it on each one that the line between the spaces would be double.  So i grouped them once I was done, used the magic wand to select the whole group and added the extra outline to the outside to make them the same thickness.  The hardest part with the path was drawing the path itself.  I must have done about 30 or more (undo got a real workout) tries before I settled on this one.  This layout is a big image so not sure how sharp it will be for you to see.  

I used Digi Dewi Hocus Pocus Paper Wood-tan from Digital Scrapbook for the picnic table the game is sitting on.  

Oh my goodness, Susan! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I now want to play this game! Any chance you could post it full size in the Files section of our Facebook group? I really want to see all the text, nonsensical or not. Poor little K may be feeling left out... Maybe you'd better patent this before Hasbro grabs it!? I now have to experiment with that Lab. I'm awarding you the Winner Ribbon of Excellence! (art from TopPNG)

winner ribbon.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

On 7/7/2023 at 9:25 PM, Julie Magerka said:

Lately, I have tried (and failed) to work on a layout, any layout. I'd spend time on one, look at it again later, and then move on to another. Just no mojo happening. Then, I was thinking of Bonnie's pickleball projects and got to thinking about my aquafit classes which I began in January. For a small rural area, we have an amazing sports complex cum library that has beautiful pools on offer. I planned to start then the lockdown came along.I've never been a water person, but I am loving the classes.

I started with a Cassel template (from Lab 12-11) and tweaked and played with it. All the ingredients come from somewhere online. Two pix are of the aquatic area here, and the two with people in the pool are just grabs from elsewhere. I'm not sure we would be able to take pix while using the pools.

Now, about those water droplets (splashes)...I was trying to make my own using Lab Mod 12-8, but they ended up looking like amoebas b/c I had so much trouble with the nodes! So these come from Janet Kemp at DS. Bring on the Vector Workshop so I can beat those nodes into submission!

P.S. I don't do Lab Modules in order as others do. I skip around and try what catches my fancy.

Temp12-11 Aquafit layout_600.jpg

Clever Julie, the photo of the swimming pool with the floor is well located. You've created a sort of middle point but on the left side. This is better than placing this photo in the center. 

To my opinion, we always have to say. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-12

• Spinner Template
  • Path Template
  • Token

Susan - wonderful idea well played out!  This was the module I didn't want to do.  The actual game board is the sticker!  You are ACE in my book!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Suzy said:

Susan, I bow down to you on this one!   These are just gorgeous!  (And I wouldn't get far in your game because I don't know the answers to about 3/4 of the questions! LOL! But I'd have a stylish token while not getting many answers correct! I'd just slink around with my tail between my legs. :(()

6-12 is the only Lab I didn't download, or even watch, because I knew I could never finish it, but I recently watched the game board video since you said you were working on it.  NO WAY I could do it!  My game board would look like a colon!

The spinner is magnificent - the arrow and its material and shading are perfection!  Congratulations!

Thank you Suzy. I surprised myself too, on this one.  I don't usually have such a clear (somewhat clear - it grew bigger than I expected) vision on a layout.  Your words make my heart happy. and I laughed at your "colon"...I made about 29 colons before I settled on the last one.  I thought the same thing too.  Even in the tutorial that's the first thing I saw.  and you know, a happy colon is a good thing.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Oh my goodness, Susan! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I now want to play this game! Any chance you could post it full size in the Files section of our Facebook group? I really want to see all the text, nonsensical or not. Poor little K may be feeling left out... Maybe you'd better patent this before Hasbro grabs it!? I now have to experiment with that Lab. I'm awarding you the Winner Ribbon of Excellence! (art from TopPNG)

winner ribbon.jpg

Wow!  Thank you Ann.  Yes, I will post the full sized layout on FB.  Funny, the game would only last one or two rounds and the answers would all be memorized.  I think in a "real game" the squares would be colored C, M or Y and you'd pick a card (with a question on it) and there would be 3 full decks of question cards.  I had to put the questions on the squares to make it more "layout" like. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-12

• Spinner Template
  • Path Template
  • Token

Holy Smokes! You've been busy. I won't even ask how long this took (or how many layers). I'm gob-smacked by the details and the complexity of the design and layout. I also bow down in homage to a master.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Holy Smokes! You've been busy. I won't even ask how long this took (or how many layers). I'm gob-smacked by the details and the complexity of the design and layout. I also bow down in homage to a master.

Aw, thank you Julie.  I think it took on a mind of it's own and I was a slave to it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-12

• Spinner Template
  • Path Template
  • Token

Wow Susan, you excelled with this layout, so many things to look at and colorful too, just a "real" game.

• Love 1

I found a wonderful editorial beauty photo shoot that I felt was perfect for the theme; model Kristy Kaurova and photographer Jamie Nelson. The font is Spac3 tech. I had a happy accident while making this. I originally created a frame with the background paper and added a cutout layer. While playing around with the layers, I hid the frame and ended up with this look. I'm probably not the first to use an effect like this, but I learn a lot from my happy accidents. When I find more time, I'm going to experiment with it more.

large.FABDLIntergalacticGlamour!600.jpg.4f2f27acd24338c37310cbc303f24aff.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Michele said:

I found a wonderful editorial beauty photo shoot that I felt was perfect for the theme; model Kristy Kaurova and photographer Jamie Nelson. The font is Spac3 tech. I had a happy accident while making this. I originally created a frame with the background paper and added a cutout layer. While playing around with the layers, I hid the frame and ended up with this look. I'm probably not the first to use an effect like this, but I learn a lot from my happy accidents. When I find more time, I'm going to experiment with it more.

Galactically good, ....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Michele said:

This is fabulous.  The photo is perfect for your title.  I love that green too.  Your happy accident is very cool, it a great feeling when you stumble upon something.  I wonder if those "accidents" are the universe's way of reminding us to remember to explore and discover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When my FB friends have birthdays, I have been creating files to post on FB. This is the latest one for my niece. All the graphics are downloaded from Adobe Express AI, except for the "fabulous" which is from a Digital Scrapbook kit called "all the princesses" by Melo Vrijlhof. The font is a free font called Moodtype. I am working on a way to convert this file to a quickpage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mikaylabd600.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Donna Sillia said:

When my FB friends have birthdays, I have been creating files to post on FB. This is the latest one for my niece. All the graphics are downloaded from Adobe Express AI, except for the "fabulous" which is from a Digital Scrapbook kit called "all the princesses" by Melo Vrijlhof. The font is a free font called Moodtype. I am working on a way to convert this file to a quickpage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mikaylabd600.jpg

To make it usable for any occasion you could leave out the text and make the circle in the centre the photo area (transparent) and leave the rest as is, with all the shadowing etc.  I love that centre part and the stars at the corners.  This will be a great quick page for many different occasions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Donna, I do the same for birthdays or other occasions b/c it's good practice for me. But I'm not quite as fussy with small details as I might be if I were posting here. No one I know uses any kind of graphic/photo editing software so I assume they won't notice the tiny bits.? Lazy, I know.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Michele said:

Perfect design layout for that image. Well done.

• Thanks 1

Very nice, Michele and Donna! I want to make some Happy Birthday Cards that fit the facebook posting template size (if that's a thing). In fact, I would rather do that instead of one of the cards in the card workshop if I knew the size (or the ratios?)  I have a bunch of friends on facebook, but they come from separate and different compartments of my admittedly long life, and I could get by with one single template for 10-15 different people with no one the wiser, I think.

On my desktop computer facebook, the best size is 600 wide x between 420 and 450 high. But I don't know if it's the same on an ipad and phone?

Donna, yours looks square, and even a tall square, but Michele, yours is a horiz rectangle, flatter than my 600 x 415.   Are yours  phone size or maybe iPad (tablet) size, by any chance?  Coming up in August  is a dear old friend of mine who says "Don't send me belated birthday wishes. If you can't send it on the day, then don't send it at alll!" Yikes!  I wouldn't mind knocking it out of the park for her. She loves Chihuahuas - those little dogs that need clothes in Indiana, LOL!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Suzy said:

Very nice, Michele and Donna! I want to make some Happy Birthday Cards that fit the facebook posting template size (if that's a thing). In fact, I would rather do that instead of one of the cards in the card workshop if I knew the size (or the ratios?)  I have a bunch of friends on facebook, but they come from separate and different compartments of my admittedly long life, and I could get by with one single template for 10-15 different people with no one the wiser, I think.

On my desktop computer facebook, the best size is 600 wide x between 420 and 450 high. But I don't know if it's the same on an ipad and phone?

Donna, yours looks square, and even a tall square, but Michele, yours is a horiz rectangle, flatter than my 600 x 415.   Are yours  phone size or maybe iPad (tablet) size, by any chance?  Coming up in August  is a dear old friend of mine who says "Don't send me belated birthday wishes. If you can't send it on the day, then don't send it at alll!" Yikes!  I wouldn't mind knocking it out of the park for her. She loves Chihuahuas - those little dogs that need clothes in Indiana, LOL!

I use 3000 x 2000 as the current FB posting size.