What are you working on (in July 2023)?

Cassel

4 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-11

• Rainbow Striped Paper  (The border, with mitered corners - dont look too close, I missed on two corners)
  • Diamond Shape Paper (the blue one)
  • Spider Web (on the tissue paper)

I'm looking forward to the vector workshop.  it took me some time to get the  spider web happening.  Once I was following the tutorial properly I got it done.  I couldnt fit it in well to the layout so I put it on the tissue paper (remember the decorated toilet paper of the 70-80's).  The diamond paper; I was trying out different percentage (for size) and forgot to hide a layer and it made the cross lines appear.  I liked the look.  I also textured it with Effects>Texture Effects>Texture.  And used the magic wand to select the diamonds and inner beveled them to give more dimension to the sparse (read: boring) layout.  The spiders camer from Creative Fabrica.  The photo with the quote was from Facebook and I thought it was funny.  I really liked the Rainbow Striped Paper tutorial, although it is hard on the eyes.

Lab 6-11 Spidey Tissue-600.jpg

Susan, good job with the Lab and this is hilarious! The spiders add just the right touch, especially the "wilted" one at the bottom! ? With your permission, I'd like to post this on my own Facebook feed. My friends would find it hilarious, also.

I went a lot less "razzle dazzle" for this one. I made the framed one back in 2016. Unfortunately, I didn't save it in layers and only had about an hour to change it up for this year. I managed to find the original stars and stripes and background in my files ~ probably downloaded from a free wallpaper site. Added a few solid papers with a bit of texture and the stars scatter (from Janet Kemp at PS). The fonts are Amaldemo (a free version of Amal) and Arista 2.0 Alternate Light (a system font).

large.FABDLStarsandStripes!600.jpg.401344338a53b717f9293d742cc2f970.jpg

• Love 11

3 hours ago, Suzy said:

My Newsletter was published in June

Wow, Suzy, I didn't know how ignorant I was of daffodils until I read your newsletter. They are a welcome sight in the Spring but are quickly overpowered by subsequent flowers demanding attention. On our property in Warwick, NY, I watched for the sharp, yellow flowering of the forsythia to announce that Spring is Here! Yellow is the color of Spring! Very interesting newsletter, even for me who is not a daffodil enthusiast. I may have to work on that... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Lab 6-11

• Rainbow Striped Paper  (The border, with mitered corners - dont look too close, I missed on two corners)
  • Diamond Shape Paper (the blue one)
  • Spider Web (on the tissue paper)

I'm looking forward to the vector workshop.  it took me some time to get the  spider web happening.  Once I was following the tutorial properly I got it done.  I couldnt fit it in well to the layout so I put it on the tissue paper (remember the decorated toilet paper of the 70-80's).  The diamond paper; I was trying out different percentage (for size) and forgot to hide a layer and it made the cross lines appear.  I liked the look.  I also textured it with Effects>Texture Effects>Texture.  And used the magic wand to select the diamonds and inner beveled them to give more dimension to the sparse (read: boring) layout.  The spiders camer from Creative Fabrica.  The photo with the quote was from Facebook and I thought it was funny.  I really liked the Rainbow Striped Paper tutorial, although it is hard on the eyes.

Lab 6-11 Spidey Tissue-600.jpg

So funny. Thank you for explaining how you made this. I love the little spider perched on the top as well.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Michele said:

I went a lot less "razzle dazzle" for this one. I made the framed one back in 2016. Unfortunately, I didn't save it in layers and only had about an hour to change it up for this year. I managed to find the original stars and stripes and background in my files ~ probably downloaded from a free wallpaper site. Added a few solid papers with a bit of texture and the stars scatter (from Janet Kemp at PS). The fonts are Amaldemo (a free version of Amal) and Arista 2.0 Alternate Light (a system font).

Striking image and beautifully balanced picture. You are very clever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Michele said:

Really cool Michele!

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 11:46 PM, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Ik heb de stenen muur gemaakt. Maar met graffiti erop. 

Ik veranderde de achtergrondkleuren naar zwart en wit met tint en verzadiging. Na het technische proces heb ik er een portret op geplaatst.

Heb het in het lagenpalet op vermenigvuldigen gezet zodat de stenen muur er doorheen kwam.

En het werkje was af. 

zwaartekracht Paul.jpg

That's cool too!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 2:05 PM, Ann Seeber said:

The first thing I like to post is my new Wild Cat calendar for the month. It features the Snow Leopard, the gentle giant of Central Asia. These calendar templates are very large, measuring 4200 x 3245 px. I've been using PSPs print function and get nice 11x8.5" prints on my desktop Epson. I have put a full size jpg in the Files section of our Facebook group: Scrapbooking with PaintShop Pro. The leopard photos are from Unsplash.

Here's a copy of the journaling which is rather small in this version:

Known throughout the world for its beautiful fur and elusive behavior, the endangered snow leopard (Panthera uncia) is found in the rugged mountains of Central Asia. The gentle snow leopard is not known to be aggressive toward humans. They are perfectly adapted to the cold, barren landscape of their high-altitude home, but human threats have created an uncertain future for the cats. Despite a range of over 1.2 million miles, scientist estimate that there may only be between 4,000 and 7,000 snow leopards left in the wild.

EDIT: Unhappy with the background and lower image, I made some changes.

JULY 2023 WILDCAT CALENDAR-SNOW LEOPARDa_600.jpg

Ann, I saw Snow Leopards a few years back in a wildlife park in Hertfordshire, UK. It has charity status for endangered species I think. You can get quite close to them. I took this photo.

SnowLep.JPG

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Suzy said:

Sue, great job on the sta,ps….since you aren’t using the script, you *could* vary the text. Merry Christmas, for example . (Of course, I bet you say Happy Christmas, but you get the idea.). And I have a question you can answer…. I’m currently thinking about how to get some horse manure for my garden.  I know where the horses live, but the properties are walled and gated off. Would it be too weird for me to put a note in their mailboxes and offer to clean out stalls if I got to keep the manure?  

Susan, those Labs are terrific! The rainbow stripe is eye popping, but I love that style so much! So when my corners don’t line up, I take the opposite corner where they *do* line up and copy, paste and mirror it, then zoom way in, microscopically, and place the corner where it goes, leaving absolutely no seam. (It is a trial and error, but can be done if you need it perfect).  It sometimes doesn't work in perfect quarters, but in your paper’s case, I believe it will work. That Kleenex is hilarious!

I’m doing some YouTube videos on drawing flowers to make my own patterns. Doodling, not really drawing. One of the videos is 48 minutes long!!!  The artist is Asian, and the music is a bedtime lullaby. I don’t mind telling you I can last ALMOST 5 minutes before my eyes start closing! (So it will take me nine or 10 sessions, unless I put it at 2 x speed, but then it goes too fast for me to keep up.)  This lead me to a book called “How to Draw Modern Florals”, where my complete lack of drawing talent has become obvious, but the book is awesome.  My Newsletter was published in June - if you want to see  https://dafflibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ledger-34-2-2023-June-IDS.pdf 

Suzy, Thank you.  The template  is a psp file, The text are on their own layers, which means I can  select it,  to change the wording, colour and size, font etc as the offset, centre etc is all pre set. 

As for the horse dung, I'm sure  they must have a dung pile somewhere. Ask if you can help yourself to it.  If you were to ask me, I'd say help yourself, just take what you want.  I'm going to suggest you  take old dung from the bottom of the pile,  which has had a chance to decompose, as fresh dung isn't good for the garden.  Also you will have a multitube of weeds to pick out down the road, as  the dung will be  full of  unwanted seeds.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Suzy said:

Sue, great job on the sta,ps….since you aren’t using the script, you *could* vary the text. Merry Christmas, for example . (Of course, I bet you say Happy Christmas, but you get the idea.). And I have a question you can answer…. I’m currently thinking about how to get some horse manure for my garden.  I know where the horses live, but the properties are walled and gated off. Would it be too weird for me to put a note in their mailboxes and offer to clean out stalls if I got to keep the manure?  

Susan, those Labs are terrific! The rainbow stripe is eye popping, but I love that style so much! So when my corners don’t line up, I take the opposite corner where they *do* line up and copy, paste and mirror it, then zoom way in, microscopically, and place the corner where it goes, leaving absolutely no seam. (It is a trial and error, but can be done if you need it perfect).  It sometimes doesn't work in perfect quarters, but in your paper’s case, I believe it will work. That Kleenex is hilarious!

I’m doing some YouTube videos on drawing flowers to make my own patterns. Doodling, not really drawing. One of the videos is 48 minutes long!!!  The artist is Asian, and the music is a bedtime lullaby. I don’t mind telling you I can last ALMOST 5 minutes before my eyes start closing! (So it will take me nine or 10 sessions, unless I put it at 2 x speed, but then it goes too fast for me to keep up.)  This lead me to a book called “How to Draw Modern Florals”, where my complete lack of drawing talent has become obvious, but the book is awesome.  My Newsletter was published in June - if you want to see  https://dafflibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ledger-34-2-2023-June-IDS.pdf 

Wow Suzy, what a wonderul and informative newsletter.  Yes, I read it all.  I can see all your touches in there and you've done a fantastic job, very professional.  I did not know anything about daffodils.  I loved that one called Cape Point with the peachy centre.  But was most surprised young Owen's Gay Tabor double.  At first I thought, cool, what kind of flower is that?  Read further on I found all the shapes and sizes daffodils come is astounding.  I am growing flowers (to photograph) this year.  It's a first for me, I usually cant grow anything (except thyme, rosemary and parsley), mainly because I seem to forget about them and they die, something about needing water...so needy.  I am excited at finally seeing some flower heads blooming after 6-8 weeks.  I bought the cheapest ones this years as I fully expected to kill them all but some have survive, despite me, so next year i can get some more expensive ones.  they will be my photo subjects when they grow up.  BTW, I love the photography of the daffs in the newsletter and really enjoyed your presidents message.  he has a nice writing style.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fiona cook said:

So funny. Thank you for explaining how you made this. I love the little spider perched on the top as well.

thank you Fiona, that's the little surprise I added.  I had to use non-spidery spiders as I'm not keen on them.  Looking to find spider graphics, had my toes curling up.

Side Note:  I made my bug hotel (no sign yet though).  We finally attended the dead stumps and branches on our Moutain Ash and I used them to make a little log pile.  With a few spots the squirrel could get into for safety in case the neighbour's cats are in the yard (very frequently).  My husband says, why would the squirrel just run up the tree that's 1 foot away from the "hotel".  I had to laugh at that.  The squirrel has been investigating, I think it might be used also for a food cache. I might have to re-name it the Bug and Squrrel Hotel and Bank, or BSHB for short.  hahaha.  Good news: Bugs have already checked in for their stay.

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Wow, Suzy, I didn't know how ignorant I was of daffodils until I read your newsletter. They are a welcome sight in the Spring but are quickly overpowered by subsequent flowers demanding attention. On our property in Warwick, NY, I watched for the sharp, yellow flowering of the forsythia to announce that Spring is Here! Yellow is the color of Spring! Very interesting newsletter, even for me who is not a daffodil enthusiast. I may have to work on that... ?

Ann!  you have a new picture.  You look fabulous.  I too think I might look into more daffodils and even flower shows.  they look to be interesting.  

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

This is STUNNING!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Susan, good job with the Lab and this is hilarious! The spiders add just the right touch, especially the "wilted" one at the bottom! ? With your permission, I'd like to post this on my own Facebook feed. My friends would find it hilarious, also.

Ann I will post the large version on FB right now and see if I can messenge it to you directly too.  And going forward you have my permission to post anything of mine on your feed.  And I can send the you the full sized one as well.  I did have to use the AI ro resize this image as with a lot of FB images, it was very small.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

Fine make up:))))) I've never seen so good&right on a football match.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Ann I will post the large version on FB right now and see if I can messenge it to you directly too.  And going forward you have my permission to post anything of mine on your feed.  And I can send the you the full sized one as well.  I did have to use the AI ro resize this image as with a lot of FB images, it was very small.  

Thanks! I got it via Messenger.

• Like 1

I was experimenting with Adobe Express AI and created the raindrop background. The flowers are my own photos, the wood texture is from Filter Forge. I used a blend mode for the light aqua color on the background. I thought that the bright colors of the flowers sort of clashed with the background, but by accident, the first one added turned the aqua color. I sort of liked it, so I just left it. From the Adobe background, I created a pattern and added it to the font, Centaury Display which I also  beveled. The masks are my own.

rainyday600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Donna Sillia said:

I was experimenting with Adobe Express AI and created the raindrop background. The flowers are my own photos, the wood texture is from Filter Forge. I used a blend mode for the light aqua color on the background. I thought that the bright colors of the flowers sort of clashed with the background, but by accident, the first one added turned the aqua color. I sort of liked it, so I just left it. From the Adobe background, I created a pattern and added it to the font, Centaury Display which I also  beveled. The masks are my own.

rainyday600.jpg

LOve it!!!

• Thanks 1

Back in the Labs until the Vector Workshop - I"m really looking forward to that!

This is Lab 11 Mod 1.  Requirements: Books on a shelf; pencil shavings (I made mine into a picture tube because I couldn't decide what to do with pencil shavings except put thin in the wastebasket!!! Circle Doodle - this was fun and I made several and think I might play with that again.  One I put under the Cass folded flower and one I put under the Raggedy Ann Doll.  The font is one of my favorites, Ballpark from CF.

Lab 11 Mod 1_600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 8

8 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Back in the Labs until the Vector Workshop - I"m really looking forward to that!

This is Lab 11 Mod 1.  Requirements: Books on a shelf; pencil shavings (I made mine into a picture tube because I couldn't decide what to do with pencil shavings except put thin in the wastebasket!!! Circle Doodle - this was fun and I made several and think I might play with that again.  One I put under the Cass folded flower and one I put under the Raggedy Ann Doll.  The font is one of my favorites, Ballpark from CF.

Lab 11 Mod 1_600.jpg

Interesting, Donna. The circle doodles remind me of doilies, but a modern version.

38 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 11 Mod 1_600.jpg

Really nice.  I recognize that background paper too.  Wowee, for getting to Lab 11.  I will be starting 6-12 soon.  I have so far to go.  I always think of you when I'm doing labs and thinking how did you keep going.  The last layout, I was a blank for ideas.  It took several days to come up with something I could work with.  I really like your pencil shavings, good idea to make it into a picture tube.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

rainyday600.jpg

What a nice experiment! I like those aqua colors.

1 hour ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 11 Mod 1_600.jpg

Very nice Mary, maybe I should do more of the Labs but I mostly doesn't have time enough to do all the things I want. At the moment I'm enjoying the very nice and warm weather we have, which means more hours outside and less behind the computer. Like you I'm looking forward to the Vectors Workshop and I think it will be a challenge...

• Like 1