Quick-Page Workshop - June 2023

Cassel

8 hours ago, Cassel said:

@Susan Ewart Yes, I will have to find a picture of the cliffs and rocks from around here! About the misalignment issue, are you using PSP2023? I have noticed something like that affecting some fonts, but not all.

@libera the Extra supplies are for the DIAMOND members. That is why you didn't see them.

@kasany We sure can recognize your work now that we have seen your fractals. They are always mesmerizing!

@Ann Seeber For those who got that unexpected collage template, it was meant for later in the workshop so you might want to keep it anyways ?

@fiona cook Interesting how you get two different results from the same starting quick pages! The charms are a good idea. I would have put them on top of the photo mat though so we could see them better. Of course, when you have more than one photo, it will likely take more than 5 minutes! But it is still much faster than a project from scratch.

@Jannette Nieuwboer The 5 minutes is AFTER you have decided what photos to use and BEFORE you tweak them! ?

@Julie Magerka Those are great photos for the Solstice!

@Sharla Great choice of photos for the page. And the title is a nice touch!

@Anne Lamp Now that you are in the hammock, it is time to rest!

@MoniqueN. Adding the rectangle in the same color as the background is a great way to add a title without it looking like there is a mat!

@Donna Sillia Amazing to see all the techniques that were taught in previous classes or workshops used when we don't expect it to create something unique!

@Anja PelzerThe layering of the square is such a creative way to use an otherwise flat page!

@Corrie KinkelIt is nice to see you have more opportunities to showcase those photos you still have!

@Anita Wyatt I guess 15 minutes is not too bad for a layout!

Keep them coming!!

Thanks Carole for suggestion. Yes, I agree time of the essence. Also I guess the main flower would look better on top of the charms as it's a lot thicker.

QP Lesson 3

More from the RCMP Musical Ride.  These are some warming up shots and one just before they get lined up to parade in to the arena.

I used extra elements from KMRD-The great White North (brad 1 and CANADA with Maple Leaf)

Fonts: Afifla (words 'Oh' & 'Eh?') and Aesthetic Violet for the the title, both from Creative Fabrica.

QP Lesson 3 - Warming Up-600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 9

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

QP Extra Lesson 3

I managed to get one made today.  Came across some old photos circa 2005 (pre-DSLR days) from Ft. Steele Heritage Town in the Kootenays (British Columbia).  I used the brush tool to put circles over the anchors as it didnt fit. I added a maple leaf to the circle for some texture.  Changed the sign (I used the clone tool) and added a few Canadiana items.  I had fogotten about these photos and laughed when I saw this one.  Looks like they are all lined up for the bathroom. 

Font is Acme, I think it's a google one that came with my font viewer.  Onto the other lesson 3 QP.   

QP-Extra3-bathroom line up-600.jpg

Love the Mounties and the humour!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

QP - 4 Choosing pix is the longest part for me, but this time I had some on hand, taken by friends whose house, yard & cat this is. Kitty, unfortunately, doesn't get to go out there but she lazes away in the screened porch & watches birds. I added nothing extra b/c I'm enjoying having this be "quick" stuff.

My QP-4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

On 6/20/2023 at 8:06 AM, Ann Seeber said:

This time I did all 3 layouts for QP-1. First is a new bird at my feeder, well, actually, a regular but in a new color morph. Never saw an orange-headed house finch before but Merlin confirmed my sighting. This is the Merlin photo. The alpha is Fiesta from Annie Tobin-R.I.P. The text font is Ink Free. Second is the flip flop banner, featuring my daughter's flip flop birthday cake from last September when she turned 60. I used a gimp picture tube for the top border. Last is my granddaughter-in-law, Lucy, mother of Magic. I thought the black and white photo went well in the busy layout. I enlarged the photo area with my eraser tool.

HOUSE FINCH-QP1_600.jpg

FLIP FLOPS BANNER-QP1_600.jpg

LUCY_600.jpg

Ann - I recognize that font -  Annie Tobin's - she was so special.

• Like 2

I've just managed to create one page so far for Lesson 4. This year we had a short but lovely holiday in Turkey. On the beach all day, the power gliders would be landing having taken off from the huge mountain behind us. The angle of the power glider image that I have placed on top of the frames is the actual angle he/she was flying...crazy guys.

The Turkey tourism logo was a white on black background and using the 'Screen' blend mode in the layers palette it turned to a white logo with no background. Perfect!

QP_Lesson4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, fiona cook said:

I've just managed to create one page so far for Lesson 4. This year we had a short but lovely holiday in Turkey. On the beach all day, the power gliders would be landing having taken off from the huge mountain behind us. The angle of the power glider image that I have placed on top of the frames is the actual angle he/she was flying...crazy guys.

The Turkey tourism logo was a white on black background and using the 'Screen' blend mode in the layers palette it turned to a white logo with no background. Perfect!

QP_Lesson4.jpg

This is stunning!  love the colors.  Photos are perfect for this layout and a glider on the loose I see (out of bounds technique?).  Great idea.

QP Lesson 4

I'm still doing a deep dive into old photo files.  This was (and is no more ?) a garden close to where I lived in BC.  It was a beautiful place to walk around even without a camera.  It was very peaceful there.  I did not change anything on this layout and only added text.

Fonts: Beauty Nature and Amnestia Normal (creative fabrica)

PS Beauty Nature has some nice glyphs, it's described as a "leaf" font.  I used a glyph on the first and very last letters.  It's from Creative Fabrica I believe.

Quick Page 4 Minter Gardens-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
forgot to add something
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

The only thing I changed was the button in the righthand corner, I used the great seal of Arizona instead. The close-up photo of the condor is from the internet but the photo of the 2 condors is mine, they were perched on a cliff and you can imaging that it was impossible to go near them. We were lucky to have seen them at all and the other visitors including us were pointing at them and going WOW!!!  There are not that many condors, the park is in the proces of relocating them to their original homelands. Added the text, font is Bodoni MT

QP4-2023-600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 7