What are you working on (in June 2023)?

Cassel

4 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lovely things you are working on.  That paint frame is intriguing.  I made 2 from transparent ribbons and downloaded the freebie from Cassel but haven't used them yet.  I'm just OCDing about patterns for papers.  In working my way through the alphabet challenge from 2022 I can't make up my mind about V - vacatiion? or Valentine Day? So I made a pattern of cars and road signs for a paper for vacation (since I really like road trips).  I'll show you the pattern and one of the papers I made from it.  I haven't yet played with that cut out circle.  I'll also include the 2 transparent ribbon frames in a later post.

MLS  Pattern Travel .jpg

MLS Paper Travel-2_600.jpg

SO if you can’t decide, maybe your V page should be “vacillation”?  ???.
Meanwhile, on this patterned paper, I like that you took the time to have one car with luggage facing right and one facing left with slightly different colors. It’s a little detail I appreciate.

Edited by Suzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you so much, the font on the datestamp is the same as on the text: Perfectly Vintages, a freebie from Creative Fabrica some time ago. I have a lot of their freebie fonts; I download what I like and when I'm doing a project like this it is great to have suitable fonts to use with the theme of that project.

I never would have guessed! That Perfectly Vintages looks like the cover of a MONKEES album from 1971, yet when you see the glyphs, they are sort of normal, like on your LO. Weird! But I snagged it. ?. Thank you. Datestamp 12 is on my wishlist.  Not sure I can wait for a sale because of your LO, tho. 

• Haha 1

Still playing with Carole's hanging photos, this time with the grid background. I ended up with multiple layers of hanging picture tube vines. This is still Aspyn Dionne, from my last layouts. I finally used all the photos that her mother, Kristan, posted. This turned into a double page, or actually, two coordinated pages. This layout only used 6 photos each and I had 12 photos.

ASPYN-HANGING PHOTOS ON GRID-01_600.jpg

ASPYN-HANGING PHOTOS ON GRID-02_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Hi,  I thought I would put in what I am working on.  I like to make photo books and I am in the process of doing one for our Alaskan cruise from 2018.  Yes I am way behind.  I usually use Shutterfly to print, so I use there standards sizes.  I also do double page layouts.  For this one, I started out with a plain blue background, then added some overlays, and blended them, and also added some spots with a brush, then faded them out.  I scrap lifted the format from an Indigo template 34, using a mask I purchased from the Indigo template 47.  I got most of the elements from Design bundles - Nautical Water colour clipart collection, and Pixel Scrapper Beach elements Blog train from August 2013. My title is the font Calistroke, & the journal is DB Sweet Everyday.  I did my frames by doing selection borders, which I learned from a Carole class. (Thank you.) I have learned so much from these classes.

Alaska 12x24 Page 48-49.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Sorting through my photos this evening, placing them  in their relevant folders.  I decided to  make a start on showcasing some of them. I used Carole's special fonts for the lace edge, and to decorate the labels.  Add borders tool.  A simple layout.

Pollinators.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 4
  • Love 7

14 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

Kasany - how do you do your fractals?  They look like some of the stuff done with the Kaleidescope effect in PSP and some of the other tools, but only kind of.

Corrie - I have a pspimage of a national highway sign which are the other ones in that pattern.  How can I get it to you? Does Facebook accept pspimages?

Mary, you can find everything in fractal, if you see it. 

I absolutely fell in love with this sweet little face. The fonts are Bubble Bath and Jellyka - Love and Passion. I created the background paper using the Balls and Bubbles effect (Artistic Effects).

large.FABDLFreshandClean!600.jpg.20b2dc6438f5033e228366ed18d98b37.jpg

Edited by Michele
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

The background paper I used is from CF's Tangerine Dreams set. I found the illustration years ago, probably on a Google search (the game is repeating the daily themes from 2016, but I'm trying to create new pics every day). I clipped the girl and added her on top of the background layer several times at very low opacity; I'm not sure if that made the BG look too busy. Cass's Mitered Corner Frame script is one of my favorites and saved me a lot of time creating this frame. You can't see it at this size, but the ribbon frame has a Multiply blend mode, letting the background show through a bit.  The font is Anton.

large.FABDLTangerineDream!600.jpg.a285390b9e6e82197db853140cb319f0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 11

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Sorting through my photos this evening, placing them  in their relevant folders.  I decided to  make a start on showcasing some of them. I used Carole's special fonts for the lace edge, and to decorate the labels.  Add borders tool.  A simple layout.

Pollinators.jpg

Love these photos Sue. So sharp. You must be a patient person!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Michele said:

I just ADORE the Hilda pin-ups by Duane Bryers so I thought I would have a little fun with this theme. The font is Morning Sun.

large.FABDLRunintheSun!600.jpg.1f2679cb40850d4270e62fc8323970fb.jpg

This illustration is fantastic. What an imagination. I can almost see the frogs leaping off the page. Thank you for introducing us to the artist. It would make a lovely card for girlfriends.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michele said:

The background paper I used is from CF's Tangerine Dreams set. I found the illustration years ago, probably on a Google search (the game is repeating the daily themes from 2016, but I'm trying to create new pics every day). I clipped the girl and added her on top of the background layer several times at very low opacity; I'm not sure if that made the BG look too busy. Cass's Mitered Corner Frame script is one of my favorites and saved me a lot of time creating this frame. You can't see it at this size, but the ribbon frame has a Multiply blend mode, letting the background show through a bit.  The font is Anton.

I really love what you did with the background paper.  And, looks like I'll have to order the mitered frame script.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kasany said:

Yes, I use Fractal Explorer PARAMETERS | OUR FRACTAL GARDEN which I knew many years ago. 

I did download Fractal Explorer but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.  I just love what you are doing with it.  I did think about the repeat patterns in nature and thought about the repeats in a flower especially - the petals, the sepals.  Never really thought about it until your postings.  Love what you do.

58 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

I did download Fractal Explorer but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.  I just love what you are doing with it.  I did think about the repeat patterns in nature and thought about the repeats in a flower especially - the petals, the sepals.  Never really thought about it until your postings.  Love what you do.

What version of Fractal Explorer did you download? I asked because in net should be only 2.02 version. Newer version (2.03) bought my fried from Arthur Sierotvinski. My friend was going to "translate" to new language PYTHON but he died:(( so ...we/I sti have an old FE:(((((((((((((

3 hours ago, fiona cook said:

This illustration is fantastic. What an imagination. I can almost see the frogs leaping off the page. Thank you for introducing us to the artist. It would make a lovely card for girlfriends.

Thanks, Fiona. Duane Bryers created his "calendar girl" in the 1950's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary Solaas said:

I really love what you did with the background paper.  And, looks like I'll have to order the mitered frame script.

Thank you, Mary. I used to do mitered frames myself and it took me a long time. This script is well worth the money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fiona cook said:

Love these photos Sue. So sharp. You must be a patient person!

Thank you Fiona, I have all the patience in the world for all the interests I have.  Not so much for people in general.  

So many wonderful pages being posted. Michele, you never cease to amaze me with your pages.  No two are ever even remotely similar. 

Corrie, it's great to have you back. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Michele said:

I love this style of layout.  The font has a darker glow around it, is that a layer style or drop shadow? i really like how you used the lady with the lower opacity on the orange background.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Thanks 1

Back in the Lab again!  This time Lab 6-9

• Wire Clip
  • Flower 2
  • Overlapped String

The wire clip was fun to make, making sure I read the WHOLE instructions on how to use the clip properly in my layout is another story.  At first I thought my flower was going to be ho-hum boring but after getting to the end and adding the shadows and the color on the edges it really took shape.  They are quite pretty when they are done.  The string, well, let's just say I did get two parts overlapped.  I wont be known for making fantastic string. I used the see-through technique on the title.  And I used the painted frame freebies from the store blog.  I put the same asphalt texture (or is it called cement?) on the layer so it looked like it was painted on the asphalt/cement. I also used the eraser tool to make it look scuffed up.  The cracks are from my garage door that I photographed and extracted the cracks and made an overlay.  Fonts are: Wonderbar 2.0 (title) from Creative Fabrica and Gill Sans MT for the date (windows).  Photo is mine. two little brads on the flowers are from Gina Jones Delish Brad 09 (Digital Scrapbook)

Lab 6-9 Blossom Green-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 7

46 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Susan, this is wonderful. You have made me excited to do this lab! 

Thank you.  The flower is something you could really use in kits.  I think they are really quite pretty.  next time I do one I will make it bigger to start, so I can downsize or keep it larger without it getting fuzzy.  There is tons of possibilities in the wire clips with different shapes.  Enjoy the lab.  they (the Labs) are a good challenge.  And a good way to get some vector experience in a number of them.  

• Like 1