What are you working on (in February 2023)?

Cassel

6 minutes ago, Louyse Toupin said:

This time, I made a  page with a template from Marisa Lerin: The Good Life: January/February 2023 Layout Template 13 Kit #4 By Marisa Lerin

The Cass-Valentine Mask 01 from the Lab 13 and the kit: Digital Scrapbook.com Feb 2023 Blog Train from Angelhaze

Love Everywhere.

Love Everywhwere.jpg

That is very beautiful Louyse.  And thank you for the links.  

• Love 1

Nothing fancy this time, I just finished making an Eastercard with a stencil. I recently bought PSP2023 and it took a while before everything was installed and customized to my liking. Then I decided to do a "spring clean" of all my files and supplies, because it had become messy in places. Now I finished cleaning (not my hobby btw) and I'm ready to go for the next Workshops. I was already working on the stencil and put it on a card from the Card Workshop, the backgrund is made of 2 papers with the blendmode set to overlay. The grass is from my stash just as the egg, and the lace wrap was a freebie by Carole.

Paaskaart stencil-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

A bit early for Mardi Gras, but I use the theme that the game gives me every day. lol  The mask clip art is from CF. I recreated (used as inspiration?) the word art, also from CF. The fonts I used are Cooper MdBT and BetterValentina. And, of course, the woman is a character from the game. 

large.330792691_FABDLMardisGrasParty!2023600.jpg.aa5cbb7d1eac77cc36df69a7ff09db08.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4

The photo is mine. I was at my Sisters today and she has a photo I created for her years ago with this saying, that she was using for her PC wallpaper.  I think I got it off of a page a day calendar and I have no idea who pinned the original saying. I thought I would see what I could do with a new picture using PSP.

yesterday tomorrow today framed 6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

Fashion Illustration is by Megan Hess. I used a combination of fonts: Veria Monogram and Bodoni MT. I like the monogram, but not the actual letter in it so I converted it to raster and erased the letter. Then I used Bodoni. The lace was a png that I've had for a long time so I don't know where it came from. 

large.1669409568_FABDLLovelyLace!600.jpg.f8559ca7b7604c77f0ffca42ab7a14d5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

24 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

Lab 10 Mod 12.  Finally finished Lab 10.  Requirements:  Round label, Word Tree, Holly leaf - all present and accounted for.  I had a problem with the round label in trying to get text on it, but I finally accomplished it.  The font is Winter Vibes from CF.

Lab 10 Mod 12_600.jpg

Nicely done Mary.  What an accomplishment with the Labs.  Is that an inner bevel on the title.  I like the look of it.

22 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I love the red lips and the tiny splashes of red! It just makes a lot of difference.

Me, too. I have several of her illustrations that are in black and white, but I thought this one was far more interesting. Thanks so much.

• Like 1

I found a wonderful fantasy picture for today's theme; I always try to find the original artist, but sometimes I just can't. Anyway, I used cass-Slat Heart-Template and adjusted it as needed. The background is the original pic with gaussian blur and a lower opacity over a white layer. I gave the original black outline of the heart an overlay blend mode. Then I added some selections I flood-filled with black for the stripes and changed the blend mode to soft light. The font is Adine Kirnberg, free from 1001 Fonts.

large.2092476772_FABDLSeekingaSoulmate!600.jpg.03ec5c9b7c6287edfd078df0ffa97fce.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

My granddaughter, Anna, and her husband, Tj. He's a software engineer and she's a speech pathologist. They live in California so I don't see them much. I used some decor from 3 Valentine's kits I had on hand that seemed to be mostly in French. The heart mask was from Carole this season.

ANNA & TJ VALENTINE_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Great-grand Logan Robert turned 2 on Feb 6 and there was a Toy Story themed party yesterday (Sat Feb 11). I used a template from Marisa Lerin. I found the Toy Story art online and the balloons were from a baby kit, which I duplicated and colorized. Logan's brother is due this June. He is slate to be Jonah James. 

LOGAN BIRTHDAY 2023_600A.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
Font change
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Based on the question about 3D extreme shadows for the Q&A, I have played with doing this. I saw it done at The Lily Pad in 2021. They included basic instructions for PS and PSE on how to do this but since the way PSP does shadows is different, I struggled with the shadow portion of it. Last night I played around and found a method that worked and looked a lot like the examples they had. 

Carole showed a different way of doing it in the Q&A. I had done an actual layout earlier today using my method. After the Q&A, I recreated the basic layout using Carole's method. The main difference is that I used a cut out file for my shape instead of a vector object.

I used papers and elements from a kit called "50 States Ohio" sold at Sweet Shoppe Designs. The cut out shape of Ohio came from Scrapping With Liz's Ohio Cutouts sold at The Lily Pad.

ohio 3d shadow test.jpg

ohio 3d shadow test 2.jpg

Edited by Rene Marker
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

Based on the question about 3D extreme shadows for the Q&A, I have played with doing this. I saw it done at The Lily Pad in 2021. They included basic instructions for PS and PSE on how to do this but since the way PSP does shadows is different, I struggled with the shadow portion of it. Last night I played around and found a method that worked and looked a lot like the examples they had. 

Carole showed a different way of doing it in the Q&A. I had done an actual layout earlier today using my method. After the Q&A, I recreated the basic layout using Carole's method. The main difference is that I used a cut out file for my shape instead of a vector object.

I used papers and elements from a kit called "50 States Ohio" sold at Sweet Shoppe Designs. The cut out shape of Ohio came from Scrapping With Liz's Ohio Cutouts sold at The Lily Pad.

ohio 3d shadow test.jpg

ohio 3d shadow test 2.jpg

This is very cool Rene.  The Q&A was fabulous.  It's cool to know there is different routes to the same destination.