What are you working on (in February 2023)?

Cassel

Here is another one that I just did from a freebie template by Fiddle-Dee-Dee. Kit used is from Bella Gypsy "Here's To The Ears" for sale at The Lily Pad.

Cheryl (Fiddle-Dee-Dee) had the shadows already on this template as separate layers. So no shadows had to be added to the 3-D shape.

2013 Disney.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Maybe I'll change my plans and do a Shadow box tutorial for the March lab module. Or maybe a Master class instead? Hum...

I would love that.  And everyone can watch the master class which will reach a wider audience for this technique.  Your samples were outstanding.  I wouldnt have gotten there on my own, especially the shadow part.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

For the Valentine's Day theme, I used AnnieCDigitals Valentine template. The background is a paper from a valentine mini kit by MarisaL of Pixel Scrapper. I used the RemingtonWeather font to try and stay consistent with the wonderful word art Marisa made. And I topped it off one of Carole's lovely bows. (The couple are characters from the game.)

large.1404779401_FABDLValentinesDay!600.jpg.cb4c4ebec85f51fbc08e7f5892556504.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Not too difficult, but not everything has to be. I started with a black png file that I recolored it with red, black, and light grey. Polka dots on the background to make it interesting. I wanted a display font that wasn't fancy so I used Nesdate October Ten, free from DaFont. I added a black rectangular selection behind it as the dots were too distracting.

large.535918735_FABDLGirlinRed!600.jpg.ac571cf09ddcc0716447e60a5d30ace0.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

The font is Femme, free from DaFont; I thought it had a nice relaxing feel. The background is mine, but I need some help. I wanted to add a little interest to the background to blend into the watercolor clip art I got from CF. I didn't like the results from any of the watercolor brushes I have. I ended up adding a texture which, unfortunately, changed the color. So I promoted the "spots" from the texture, then flood filled them to adjust the color. There has to be an easier way to do this as it took me forever to get this result. One of these days I have to master the brush variance as that would probably have solved my problem. Any suggestions? 

large.1820527299_FABDLTreatYourselfSpaDay!600.jpg.2bfb4fc56be75bef4b74b30b0b47c760.jpg

• Love 9

I had so much fun doing this one. The dancers are from CF's Dance-Marathon-Watercolor-Animals-Set. I'm really getting my money's worth from my subscription lately! The font is Party Dance which, I think, was in my system fonts. I tried to add a texture to the background layer to match what was on the paint splotches.

large.1546995817_FABDLDominatetheDanceFloor!600.jpg.9012514029f8f9949feeeb0b9e98c1fe.jpg

• Haha 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 7

Playing with Carole's Offset Cutout template, I turned every layer to negative and came up with this. I subscribe to Nat Geo and they announced their yearly photo winners. This guy didn't make first place, but his work is the one I liked the best. I may keep this as a template myself to do more. Could be similar to Michele's Fab Divas series. The font is Wide Latin treated to a cutout effect. The journaling is from the magazine as is the logo. I turned the Raster 1 Shadow layer at the bottom into a mask for the photo.

ng-FOTO FOCUS-ERIC ESTERLE_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Michele said:

We get so many "Fashion Week" themes in the game that I'm running out of ideas. I used a template from CF as inspiration and used a pic from my favorite fashion illustrator, Hayden Williams.

large.481187546_FABDLFashionWeek!230227600.jpg.6f9ccd235959f4ee02010e01bc55c260.jpgI

It might be SPRING FASHON:

• Love 1

I have been playing with pictures I took the other day at my Church.  First I cropped this cross and put it on a page from (Christian-Digital-Papers-Patterns-9755169) and cut it square with the background.  Then I used the Seamless Tiling included in PSP.  I sent it to the Church office and I suspect it will show up sometime during Lent .

easter cross inside 2023  tiled paper 6.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 4

I started this as the last lesson of the Masks workshop but it didn't turn out, so I left it and moved on. Then someone was posting some purple paper (Ann? or Mary?) in the Kit palette and it reminded me of this. The photo is from my garden years ago. This is what it ended up being, and I like the purples which I don't get to use very often.

2023 Feb Mask Day 7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

• Cassel unpinned this topic