What are you working on (in June 2022)?

Cassel

Stunning Mandala's from everyone.  Pirkko, yours looks like lace, it's so 3 dimensional.  So interesting to see the variations on them.  they look great in many colors or a solid and on black background. What a great card that would make at Christmas Sue.

Guest Guest

now Lab 12-Module 6 is ready

Combined Challenges ›Alphabet Album - J as text in this image

font Dulcelin

This is a photo of my great-grand, Magic, at her birthday on June 4. She's playing with the veggie puzzle I sent her. I hear it was a hit!

I combined a few things here. The June Palette was used with the cass-GradientMaker script for the background. I actually created two separate papers, one for each word, using the kaleidoscope effect and the cass-AlphaMaker script. The one for the top title was also used for the large circle design. The vines are picture tubes. I added a frame on the inside edge of the photo that is from the PSP Image/Picture Frames and I changed the color from blue to golden.

Finished Lab 8 Mod 11 (almost to Lab 9 - Whee!). Greek Key design pattern - I actually made 2 of them - one I copied from a picture of curtain tiebacks. Create a tag - I did one with a different top this time as directed in the tutorial and cut out a heart at the bottom which I filled in when placing it on the layout with red. A tube of sprinkles! Not particularly my cup of tea, but I did one with various colors so that it could be used with any kind of celebration. I had trouble with reversing the path for "Connor", but I muddled through with the help of tutorials. Anyway - I actually had fun doing this.

Cristina, thank you for your congratulations!   I was very pleasantly surprised to see that I had made the  finals.  Being a self taught, armature photographer, having recognition for my photography is   fantastic.  As the standard of entries  are always very high.

Lab 8 Mod 12 finished and ready for Lab 9. This one called for: 1. spiral notebook page edge and making the edge of the page as a brush (I did this and applied it to the spiral notebook cover and also applied a spiral binding to the cover - from Cassel's tutorial on how to make a spiral binding picture tube); 2. create a polaroid frame (I did and placed it in the PSP picture frame folder so it could be used with any size photo; 3. phrase strips (I followed the instructions but made the strips as titles for the pictures). The font in the title is AR Herman colorized with hues from the instant effect paintings. The font used in the title strips is Cataneo BT. I had to fix the perspective (with the tool) on my original picture and that is the first time I've used that tool. So cool things learned with this layout. Oh, yeah, since the color replacer tool was discussed a little while ago, I've been playing with it and using it frequently - so another color changing tool in my tool belt. Oh, yeah, also have been removing overhead wires from pictures and removed a number of them from the original picture - with the scratch remover tool.

Sue and Lynda, I agree with Corrie - your photos are beautiful. Congratulations on your photos being chosen in the Corel contest.

Sue and Linda - WTG!!!  That is a biggie, so congratulations!

Colin, Nice Job!

So very nice to see these, Mary!  Really I thank you a lot. I have been wasting time today on some little "paper" caption tags, and I think the answer might be in the AI section of the Instant Effects.  I'm going to try it, anyway.  I have a request in the Feedback thread, but it is awaiting approval, so this gives me something to do in the meantime. (And I love the sprinkles on your LO! LOL!)

Suzy

Mary those Instant Effects are very cool.  I would like to learn that too.  I have joined you and Colin, and started today with the Labs.  I think they are going to teach me a ton.  And If I cant have a ton of money, then I'll gladly take a ton of knowledge any day.

I started at the start, with Lab 5-9.  Where I learned the following:

1) how to make multicolored dots for background paper.  I learned about the Brush Variance Pallet and used Color Blend I think at 70%, then used a blend mode ("Burn" at 63% opacity) on the dots once they were on the background I chose for them.

2) Text Background Paper became my main subject.  I had wanted to put a photo on but didnt want to cover up the "I" part ("I love you").

3)Making eyelets and eyelet ribbon was quite enjoyable and a good practice for me with the magic wand and getting a better idea about inverting selections.

Susan, that is WONDERFUL!  Cassel should have your LO in the Lab, it is so perfect! If you put a photo that, and I think you should, even if two or three "i love you"s are covered, that leaves 3 or 4 uncovered! Plus you could size it a bit smaller and tuck it under your eyelet ribbon.

Congratulations!

Suzy

Thank you for the ideas Suzy.  I had originally wanted to do a photo of my father (passed in 1995) for fathers day.  You are right, it would still be understandable as a repeating alphabet with "I" being the I love you part.  I will try and rework with an old B&W photo if my scanner behaves enough to scan one.  I like the idea of making a small B&W image and tucking it under the eyelet ribbon like you mentioned.