What are you working on (in June 2022)?

Cassel

Thank You Lynda.  It's actually a common one calligraphers would do.  Only it wouldn't be a repeating alphabet, just once through with the "I" being I love you done in a different hand.  Suzy had a great idea to tuck a smaller photo under one of the eyelet ribbons.  I think I could also use that as a base and add different photo's for different occasions.  I just started the labs.  Watching Mary and Colin progress with the Labs was very motivating.

Guest Guest

This image is related to the Lab 12-1 tutorial

Wilma enjoys her new home and sends summer greetings to everyone.

In going over the labs I have done, I find that I did not do Lab 6 Mod 4 as I had problems with the lifted flap on an envelope and the silhouette. So -- I decided to do it this time and this is the result. The silhouette is from a picture by Jill Wellington from Freerange Stock. All the other papers and elements are my own except the heart that I put in the mask for my silhouette. The frame around the background is Chinese gold pattern and is inner bevelled. Sorry, don't remember what the font is. The envelope is actually from a site and is probably Pixel Scrapper. The birds holding up the banners are from NicePng.

Maverick, the groom-to-be and his son, Logan, my great-grandson, who was one in February. The wedding's coming up in September. The bride-to-be is my granddaughter, Ilana.

Edit: Noticed I forgot the shadows on the photos and forgot to activate the brads that were there but in hiding while I worked on the frames.

As usual, came to share some of my daily pics from my gaming group. I found a lovely illustration by Kim Jacobs on a google search for this theme. I used an original mask to try and mimic a cross stitch effect on it. One of Cassel's flower corner punch brushes added an nice embellishment. The font is Coventry Garden NF.

Here's one from last week. Using the Painted Background script with the air spray option and then a little Gaussian Blur, I got a great result for the background paper. The Slats script gave it a sense of movement, I thought. The font is White Dream.

For this one I used a starbust template that Cass gave us as a freebie. I haven't purchased the script yet. I found some wonderful pics on Google (my best friend lol). In order to get the two-tone effect behind the template, I used the orange background with a yellow layer on top. Then I erased some of the yellow using a brush set with lower hardness, density, and opacity. The font is Hello Summer and the hearts are just some doodles.

Thank you, Ann. The Fabulous Divas is a FB group for people who play City Girl Life (formerly Disney City Girl). It's a simulation game that I started playing after the Sims Social on FB shut down. We dress up our avatars according to the theme the game gives us every day. We also decorate our apartments. Sounds silly and you'd think it was for little kids, but the vast majority of us are adults. I've pretty much lost interest in the game itself, but I love doing the pics and I love the friends I've made over the years. And that's how I ended up here at the Campus. I don't remember how I found the Campus, but I wanted to learn how to do pics for the group and luckily stumbled across it. The rest is history. :)

Michele, your layouts are always so inspiring and motivating for me.  I love your style and beauty of them. And thank you for your explanations on how you made the layouts.

P.S. A lot of adults like what we think others would think as "for kids"...hubby and I watch anime...we are 57!  Inspiration for creativity can be found from the most unexpected places.

Michele - so much fun; love what you do.

Well, I am in Lab 9 and this is mod 1. Cubic pattern (played with it for a while); cutout ribbon (made several of the arrow cutouts); tied string (this gives me the most trouble, but I saved it separate to put on different tags). Title font is Century 125 Blk BT with an inner bevel; font on the tag is Arial Rounded MT Bold (which seems to be my favorite for journaling and titling).

Mary a lovely layout for that Lab, I admire you (and the others) that do all the Labs! I don't have the time for it but I do pick elements that I like and save them for later use. I did make the tied string on a tag and have used it on some other layouts.

Michele nice to see some new Fab Divas and I especially like the Country Charm!

Corrie - Thanks. I guess I'm really just enjoying the labs as it keeps my mind active. I'm retired and do a little work for my Church and visit my kids (and their kids when I get a chance). Enjoyed your trip to the states a short while ago and you sharing some of it with us in your layouts. You do a great job with PSP and I enjoy seeing your work.

Carole helped me get this hanging photos script working. I set the layout up for four photos and then, today, I acquired a fifth one for this collection. I'm a little surprised that quite a few waterfowl pass by my condo in the mornings when I'm out filling my feeders and recording any birdsong (or quack/honk) with my Merlin app. It wasn't that hard to edit the initial layout. The background photo is from Pixabay.

This is for the Scraplift Challenge. Another array of Merlin's birds. I used the Out of Bounds and the Selective Color techniques suggested for the challenge. The font is Belisha.

Edit: I made quite a few tweaks. I'll leave the first one also so you can compare.

Not doing any challenges, haven't had much time for projects. But I did "create" a mask using brushes! And it works! Not a big deal to others likely, but really big deal to me since I always struggle with downloaded masks and getting them to fit and work properly.

In fact, many of the things I download (free) like brushes or scripts are sometimes problematic. For example, this set of six free brushes (Brusheezy or Deviant Art, can't recall), won't appear in my brush list, but they are in the folder for brushes, in PSP format, in Corel PSP 2022. This shot shows the folder they originally appeared in after download. They should work, right?

Julie, did you convert the files in PSP? PSP does not "see" abr files (those are photoshop brushes) unless you convert them to the pspbrush format.  Carole has a blog post on how to do this, look for the blog post from March 2019, Adding Brushes to Paint Shop Pro.