Quick-Page Workshop - May 2022

Cassel

QPWorkshop-Preview-400.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this workshop.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to encourage us.

Every page we will make will be different, based on each others' photos, stories, and preferences but we can all get inspired by everyone's projects.

Once the workshop is started, on May 16th, you can post your pages in here.

Make sure to resize your image to 600 pixels before uploading it so it won't slow down the site when we have all those pages.

Remember that each page should not take you longer than 5 minutes to complete.

(if you missed the registration link or if you want to invite a friend to join you, HERE it is).

Who is going to be doing their FIRST digital scrapbook pages?

Guest Guest
I'll use different photos - the first is Rio, who had to go to the dentist. Two teeth were completely removed from it - oh, my...

Guest Guest

Rio was at the dentist. It had to have two teeth removed. There was too much hard moose for its old teeth. Oh no

I used Layer Blend Mode to switch colors.

OK - showing one of my favorite movies which was "The Princess Bride".  In it they all had to climb the Cliff of Despair and when they reached the top all the real action began!  Well, when Laurie and I were on one of our road trips in northern California, I had to stop and take a picture of these rocks - it reminded me of the Cliff of Despair. So here it is!

Here is my QP.  One is a photo that I played with in Filter Forge and the Blood Moon (which I didn't get to see because it was overcast?) is the Scrap Tutorial called Punched.  Only you can't see the "Punched" effect because of reducing to 600x600.

Mary, I love that movie too...ROUS's.  they said there was no rats in Alberta and my husband saw one crossing in front of the car on day, so we called them ROUS's because "there are no rats in Alberta" (how does a rat know where the borders are?)

Pirkko.  I love the colors you changed it to.  I would love to know how to do that.  I was trying to change colors but I couldn't figure out how.

Guest Guest

here is my extra

He has no name yet - new member of my son's family :)

They found out about it last weekend. It is only 3.5 weeks old, so it is allowed to grow in the care of its mother for some time to come. It doesn't even get its own paw off the couches :)

Pirkko, I'm sorry I misread, and misunderstood you. I don't know what I was thinking at the time.  I use the blend modes a great deal.  Susan, the  blending through  masterclass, is a great class to watch, it will give you a  good understanding on how  to use the blend modes.

QP1 This was from the last trip we made with Mother back to Arkansas where she was from. Luckily all four of her daughters were able to go.  The alpha I  used is "DC Patriotic Foil Balloon Alphabet" probably from Creativefabrica.

Here's my Day 2 layouts.  On the tackle box I changed the color with Hue/Saturation and got a color that match the shadows in the photo (enhance with Filter Forge).  Faded Memories was the same truck as Day 1, but this time made to look like an old yellowed photo (Filter forge again).  I turned Quick Page to greyscale, then negative image, hue/saturation, colorize and the bumped the contrast a bit and lowered the contrast on the truck to make it more old and faded looking.

I got a weird message when I was saving about losing vector data.  I absolutely had it on save as PSPimage.  I duplicated the layout as back up insurance and then clicked okay on the original layout and it saved okay.  Two things I did was used the script "open as a copy" for the Quick Page and used the eraser tool on the vector (that I turned into a raster).

Thank you Pirkko and Sue, I will look into that tutorial/masterclass.

Susan I really like the colour scheme with  the tackle box photo - it really works well. And, Pirkko you are right - the blues are a perfect fit for the baby bird.

I've been unimaginative and simply added a photo.

QP-2 - I tried a different approach this time. I left the QP alone, no color changes or embellishments and treated it as a frame to find the best photo to showcase. I ended up with a shot of my 5 gallon, heavily planted aquarium and my boy, Patriot, the Galaxy Koi Betta. It seemed to work with the layout. Nothing else added except his title.