Quick-Page Workshop - May 2022

Cassel

Hi everyone!

I always enjoy seeing what the other members are making, and there is always something I learn from

These are the QP from day 1 and 2 and the extras

The gray cat belongs to the neighbors who often visit us on our terrace, the other cat, I noticed in a field during a walk.

The photo of day 1 is my daughter's birthday when she turned 2.

The butterfly is an old photo also taken during a walk.

We have been living and traveling in our Motorhome this year. We are now in North Carolina on the coast. I am spotlighting a few of the picture I took yesterday on the beach! I have been admiring many of the quick pages in the forum! So, I took the opportunity to change my background color on the template with the color changer tool, and I added a title. I loved Pirkko's baby duck, and Susan's Tackle Box!

Wow!  Very creative takes on the pages.  I love the photo's everyone is using.  Thank you Sharla.  Filter Forge can get addicting for sure and I like that you can still edit further with PSP.  thank you Pirkko and Sue for helping me to achieve better results and being braver in experimenting with PSP...when I know better, I'll do better, right?  I started watching Blending Through, it's quite fascinating so far.  And Ann, that sunset is outstanding!  Welcome back Cindy, nice to see you again.

here are my two pages today.  This is Squirrely White Tail.  At first I called him Betty White Tail but then I saw (things humans shouldn't see ? ) that "she" was in fact a "he".  He first came to the feeder as a youngster in June of 2021 (bottom photo is his baby pict ) and he was in the feeder several times a day throughout summer and winter.  the snow scene the last shots I got of him.  Most were shot through the window so they aren't great.  We haven't seen him since the end of 2021.  We are hoping he's moved on to spread his glorious white tail, feet and belly to other squirrels, and not that the neighbour cat got him like he did "Spider Squirrely"...another of our favorites who was fascinated with my husband.  that's a story for another time.

The Xtra page is one of my favorite summer shots of him.

Yes, Ann.  That was one thing I noticed and was so glad of.  Cause, sometimes I forget!

Love everyone's postings.  I'm still on QP2.  This is of 2 of my great grands when they were young.  I only changed the background paper with the color changer (one of my favorite coloring tools).

Pirkko, I did download that Master Class.  It does take some study and playing with.  I noticed that you showed your pspimage for the one with the ducks and it looks like you only colored the element on the bottom right blue and put it on a separate layer and used that layer to color your page blue.  Is that correct?

Well.  This is QP-2 Extra.  Yes, I was playing with the Master Class method of changing color.  This time I used a solid color to change the papers and elements.  Used the Hue layer.  I also had to put the picture on top of the layout since it colored the picture too.  How do you keep from doing that????

Carole??  Pirkko?? - I noticed that your picture is in the proper location (below the QP) but it is not colored.  How did you do that????

And so, I copied one of the stars from the top and put it on the ribbon below the picture and erased the wording on it since it didn't work with the picture on top.  Anyway.  This method of coloring is interesting but takes much studying to make it work the way you want it to.

I see now, looking at the quick page, and Pirkko's screen shot,  although changing the colours of the quick page is a nice touch, it will no longer become a "quick page". As to  change the colour,  it will involve  using the magic wand to select the  space where the photo is to go, and then using the edit tool, to  remove or add any overlapping elements, then invert, and flood fill with the colour you want to change the  QP too.  Placing that layer above the QP, then apply the blend mode on the  top layer.  If it was a straight forward rectangle  selection, it would be so much easier.  Also, if my memory serves me correctly, if you were to place a photo below the QP,  in the blank area,  the blend mode would also effect the photo if you didn't remove where the photo is to go from the top colour layer, which the blend mode would be applied too.  This a bit long winded, sorry!

Guest Guest

Sue - It took two minutes to complete the page (76761) - I think it's pretty fast :)

Once you learn the technology - it takes even less time. Sometimes the colors on the quick pages just don’t match the image correctly and a small correction gives a new perspective