The BIG 10 Showoff

Cassel

I found the perfect application for me for the 'out of bounds' technique after a friend was admiring an oil painting I created way back. She said I should get it framed. It is her birthday today so I have made her a greetings card of my painting and now it's framed albeit poking out of its frame!

Ann S was asking about Sublimation ( i think this is what she was asking about).  I bought a Dye Sublimation background kit from Creative Fabrica. It is a printing process, here is the Wikipedia definition and a small sample of the one of backgrounds I bought.  I bought it because wanted to see what it was too.

Dye-sublimation printing (or dye-sub printing) is a computer printing technique which uses heat to transfer dye onto materials such as a plastic, card, paper, or fabric. The sublimation name was first applied because the dye was considered to make the transition between the solid and gas states without going through a liquid stage. This understanding of the process was later shown to be incorrect, as there is some liquefying of the dye. Since then, the proper name for the process has become known as dye-diffusion, though this technically-correct term has not supplanted the original name.[1] Many consumer and professional dye-sublimation printers are designed and used for producing photographic prints, ID cards, clothing, and more.

Here's one from the July 2021 bootcamp.  This is how I feel today after being woke up at 1:30am when a city vehicle was out doing some maintenance (at 1:30 am!) which sounded more like a car being stolen.  I'm might need naptime today!  Ann had posted a  really beautiful inviting garden layout and I jokingly pretended that was me (scruffy little pony) napping in Ann's  beautiful garden.

ooohhh already a nice card / badge bravo)))))

thank you very much Carole and here is for me today with "Masking with PSP" & "Overlays"

I use mask by AAspnes on my photo & after differents overlays on photo and background )) I admit that I really like the final rendering of this scrap)))) (all my scraps are made with personal photos-unless specified in the message)

Masterclass :Overflowing.    I really enjoyed Carole's  approach to  creating an overflowing technique. I created the framed page where I used one of my Lake photos, to create an overflowing effect, except I used the  warp brush, push tool. Which inspired  Carole to do the overflowing  masterclass.  I used a photo I took of a small bridge over a brook on one of my trips  home to Wales, to create the page using Carole's techniques. which I thought was effective.

Gosh - it's wonderful what you all have posted.  The overflowing class I'm going to have to investigate.

All the layouts are beautiful - some I recognize from previous postings on the forums, but as I don't go up to Facebook very often, some I haven't seen before.

This is my posting for Day 9 - "From Lab 6 Module 2:  create flowers, stitched alpha and a string tube; also Experiment 3 was creating a sunburst paper.

This is one I did for Bootcamp 2020.  Which I am not sure how to give a website to.  If you haven't taken bootcamp yet it's an amazing set of tutorials that you can learn so much from.

Thanks to Carole Lifted Shadows Master class I redid the white ribbon and it looks much better coming up off the page than it did in the original one I did.   I have been trying to decide if the upper part of the ribbon should also be slightly lifted.

I'm thoroughly enjoying myself revisiting all the projects I have done since joining the Campus and seeing all the other entries!

Here is a page for the Travel Tale Challenge of 2020 and it is an extra page I included to finish it, so to speak. In it are most of the things we learned to make: postcard, sheet of stamps and a single stamp, postmark, tag with a silhouette, engraving (in this case in the aircraft wing), make the outline of the state/city using a screenshot! As some of you know I got home just in time when the Covid pandemic started, from the first visit to my daughter and grands who moved to the Seattle area. My son in law got a job there. I made a couple of more pages to complement my recordings of the trip and made a powerpoint presentation of it which I send to my daughter.

https

For this project I used  Scrapbook Campus Quick Pages, number 3 layout, then selected the photo of my Cat Natasha who likes to hang out in the flowerpot in our garden.

I used Cassel’s script Sparkles, then used the Magic Wand to select the area of the photo in the layout and copied and pasted Natasha’s photo into selection. I felt that the photo needed a little more, so I added an adjustment layer,  Vibrancy, strength 40.  Thank you, Carole, and everyone here for giving me the inspiration to try this.

https://scrapbookcampus.com/qp/

https://creationcassel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=357

Anita,  lovely photo.  May I suggest that you delete the photo, and  re-add it.  As you don't need to use the magic wand to  select the area to place the photo in.   The quick page is a png, which means that the checkered board showing is  your psp work surface. (it's blank) When you copy and paste the photo into the quick page, move it below the quick page in the layers palette,  then you can resize, or even rotate it.

More entries of the day:

Euka, there is so much one can do with the text wrapping despite its limitations.

Marie-Claire, there are many ways to add pizzazz to titles, and you are showing that in your projects.

Fiona Cook, that is such a great way to use that out-of-bound technique.

MoniqueN., that red glitter is a perfect match.

Susan Ewart, thank you for the information about Sublimation (which was mentioned during the FB live video this morning). That two-tone text is very effective.

Sheila Hogg, a great way to use that overflowing technique.

Nadine, using overlays and blend modes can add such interesting textures and backgrounds.

Sue Thomas (3), yes, you inspired me to explore that overflowing approach and that led to a full class. Those overlapping frames are one of those techniques that can only be done digitally! Can you imagine trying that with printed paper photos?

Diane Co., on its own, it might not look like much but it would make a fantastic background.

Mary Solaas, great monochrome page full of techniques.

Wanda (Sue) McGuire, another great result from that Love Story challenge.

Ann Seeber, isn't it nice to learn that someone is currently displaying your work? As for another similar challenge, that is a possibility.

Sandra Jones, that lifted shadow makes quite an impression!

Bonnie Ballentine, I didn't remember reading that story (or I forgot it!).

Corrie Kinkel, one page to summarize almost all the tutorials of the challenge.

Anita Wyatt, yes, a quick-page can be a great introduction to digital scrapbooking since it can be done so... quickly.

I hope we will see some newcomers also post in the next few days. There are lots of tutorials available all the time on the blog and this weekend, you will have even more tutorials to try!