Bootcamp - Sept 2021

Cassel

Donna, your sandwich is perfect. The idea is to practice manipulating the layers. If you did that, it was correct. Those who have "fancier" table setups, have all been through this exercise more than once. You'll see, after the Bootcamp, you will already have more supplies.

Anita, did you draw the bacon yourself or did you download it?

Colin, I bet you will remember to save in .pspimage format later! Good start on your first project. I think the vertical piece of paper is missing a shadow. If you have a PSP version, you can still add one if you want.

Pirkko, although children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren are popular themes for projects, we have many others who prefer to showcase other themes, and nature is probably the second most popular theme. I like how you used the transparency as the vertical element.

Ann, I am also a fan of The Big Bang! And yes, if anyone else wants those musical notes, they can follow that link you shared.

Sue, I see that you used a lifted shadow on the bottom label. I think the shadows for the flowers could probably be a bit softer and wider, I think.

Susan, yes, shadows are always harder to see on dark backgrounds, but we can still see them. For the flowers, I think that they are ok, although I would have used a smaller offset. If they are on separate layers, you might be able to move them a little "inward". I think the blur and opacity are good.

Anne, that other scatter is good. I would adjust the layering because I am not sure how those elements would hold on the flowers.

Helen, what version of PSP do you have? You should be able to enlarge that photo so we can really appreciate it and see your Peanut!

Mary, very nice photo. I think you either forgot to add shadows OR you posted the wrong version of your page.

Connie C., that is a great first layout. And yes, some people like bright and vibrant colors, while others like more muted ones.

Brenda, you placed all the shadows correctly on that first layout. You could probably put the edge of the tent to overlap the photo if you want.

Keep them coming. And if you are starting late, don't worry. You will have time to catch up. Share your work!

Anne Lamp , that is exactly what I meant!!  Unfortunately, I have version 9, and going to view---customize---options--

doesn't give me the same screen and size choices that you have in version 2021.  My tool bar is sooooo tiny that I can barely read the words:  File  Edit  View   Image   Adjust   Effects   Layers   Objects   Selections   Window   Help

All of these are very tiny in my version 9 workspace.  Does anyone else know what I might be able to do in version 9 to increase the size of the words on my toolbars?

OK, Carole.  I did add the shadows and a frame around the picture.  This afternoon I got around to watching the webinar I missed - lifted shadows.  It has given me some ideas for a layout I want to play with later on for putting an object in an envelope, lifting the flap, and having the object peep out and putting a slight bulge in the envelope where the bottom of the object will be.  Anyway, that tutorial gave me a lot to think of.

Here is my project 1. I used papers and elements from Pixel Scrapper and the photograph is my own. I placed a rectangular border around the photograph with the selection tool just like Carole showed us in a recent webinar and then I filled it with one of the colors from the plaid paper. What takes the longest time is to look for papers and elements etc. that will go with your photograph. I did enjoy looking at all the wonderful kits that are available and I am looking foward to play with those. Thank you Carole, I realized how much I have learned so far and I do enjoy my PSP program so much more.

Day 3: Project 1 (This time, I didn't get out of the tutorial)

paper background and band Kit "Faded Flowers" by KeepInTouch Designs

bamboo Kits "Cherry Blossom" by Marnijoe's House of Scraps & "Rock Garden Blog Train Scrap Twist" June20 by Lady DGScrap

Scatters "Ride a Bike" by Sahin Designs

Fonts "Hobo Std" by ©AdobeSystemsIncorporated & "Kristen ITC" by ©InternationalTypefaceCorporation

Photo perso

Bootcamp Project 2 - Adventure. On Monday I looked out my kitchen window and there they were, my neighborhood Striped Skunks. Their fur looks positively luxurious! Luckily my little iPhone XS takes pretty good photos in the middle of the night (3am), Following Cassel's style for this layout, I used parts of my Animal Kingdom kit (papers and embellishments). I felt I needed a border around the photo so I used Select/Modify/Select Selection Borders set to 20 px. and flood-filled it with white. The headline font is Foglihten No 7 that I duplicated in black and in white and offset the white. The font on the right is my old standby Copperplate Gothic Bold.

Hi all, Boot Camp Project 2. Bit more challenging I used the wooden alphabet to do the main heading. I loaded each letter and pasted into the project, each on it's own layer. I set two guidelines to give me the same height for each letter. once I got them positioned I selected all the layers and merged them together before adding the drop shadow; for the rest I followed the video. Yes I did remember to save in PSP, jpeg and jpeg resized to 600 x 600.

Thanks Cassel for the suggestion about the scatter. I did not even think about the flowers maybe not being flat.

Donna- I didn't even notice you were using 9.  I have 8 as well as 21 but have not used it i quite a while and didn't remember that you couldn't change the icon size. I did go back and played with 8 but as you said, I couldn't find a way to increase the size of the icons either.

Ann -- I had to chuckle  when I noticed you used the black and white for the colors of your title.  Nice touch.

Everyone-- I wish I had time to post about all the fine pages, each of them are great and unique.

Project 2 and I'm still sticking with my vintage photo theme, this time using a picture of my great aunt in her new car on her way to her first day as a prairie teacher. I stuck to the lesson pretty carefully, but I decided not to rotate the subtitle because I couldn't get it to work visually. And I need to find a better handwriting font.

Anne, beautiful layout. My Mourning Doves left last week.  They migrate  south  for the winter. I miss  their cooing!

You are not alone, in calling them  Morning Doves, Many here call them  that, but they are actually  Mourning Doves. I hope you have saved a copy as a psp file, to  correct the name.

So many wonderful pages submitted to comment on each one individually.   Well done!

Donna, I hope you enjoyed your  visit to Wales.  Did you visit the town of Llandudno?  I have family in Llandudno. I have spent many happy  hours playing along the shores of the river Conwy, when I was a child. Castell Conwy,  is one of many  spectacular castles in Wales.  The Daffodil, and the leak  are the  national emblems of Wales.

Wow!  What a great display of imagination.  But that's what creating is all about, isn't it!

Brenda - love your layouts.  Great display of your artistic talent.  I have your mountain painting hanging up in my "room".

Connie - your crocheted doily is hanging down over the edge of the photo as if hanging off the edge of a table!

Pirkko - I like your display of color and line and a fine photo of a boy and his pet.

I agree with Anne Lamp - everyone's designs are so good; difficult to comment on each of them.

Hi Everyone,  hey did you vote for our Teaches Grandbaby yet, or today?   You can vote once a day for next couple days

Please Help hes #5   lets make him #1

There all so adorable but Our teachers always there for us...  vote every day #5  :)  I am.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/bounce/bathurst/contests/cutest-kid-photo-1.9891246?fbclid=IwAR3mHHpS2XGgqXuroJx076R0ZMTQB-k3MTieMBE1MKdwrwJadZQ_AhQyG0k